Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

8th Annual Latino Youth Summit

I get a call fron the high school to say that all after school activites are cancelled due to weather and then I hear The Latino sumnit crap and I said What!! I never heard of this and not at our high school...LATINO MY BUTT!!!!!

8th Annual Latino Youth Summit Nov 23
    Published: November 03, 2010 12:17 PM

Event Dates: November 23, 2010 07:30 AM to 2:30 PM

Ver esta página en español

As of noon on November 22, The Latino Youth Summit is scheduled to continue as planned.

However, in the event of a late start or cancellation of activities at Evergreen, please check www.evergreen.edu periodically for updates.

Students whose transportation is weather delayed will be admitted into the next scheduled activity after arrival.

Changes to schedule if they occur will be posted at www.evergreen.edu and participants may also call (360) 867-6000 on November 23 to learn of campus or Summit closures and delays.

The college will also work to communicate with local and regional media to announce closures and delays in regard to the Latino Youth Summit specifically.

Thank you participants, for your understanding, and for your interest in Evergreen and the Latino Youth Summit.

Olympia, Washington – The Evergreen State College will host the eighth annual Latino Youth Summit on November 23 in the College Recreation Center from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Other higher education institutions, including Saint Martin’s University, South Puget Sound Community College, and Centralia College, have supported and hosted the Summit throughout its eight-year history.

The Latino Youth Summit, sponsored by The Hispanic Roundtable, will bring together some 500 high school students from Thurston, Lewis, Mason, Pacific and Grays Harbor counties for a wide variety of workshops.

This year's theme, "Mis Acciones, Mi Communidad, Mi Futuro (My Actions, My Community, My Future)" particularly stresses the importance of both personal responsibility and community connections in empowering youth. The workshops will cover a multitude of topics, including applying for college and financial aid, immigration, financial literacy, insights into specific careers such as trades, teaching, public safety and health care, and fostering healthy relationships. The event also will feature a performance from local group Lozen and a plenary session called “Our Voices,â€

Banned
    What a bunch of BS

How about the white youth summit ?

Yeah , Right

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    What a bunch of BS

How about the white youth summit ?

Yeah , Right

I thought the same thing, But if there was a white one the Latinos would be there...I wonder if any whites go to the LATINO SUMMIT!

Im tired of this..Im raising my grandchild and I dont get crap help for it,They have a special scholarship for low income kids but she doesnt qualified even foster or adopted kids can get this..I don't have legal custody of her but they said I have to put our income in because she lives with us..I should have lied because she is missing out on a lot of other programs she could join but can't because of our income...
    But I'm an honest american and we get screwed everytime.!

Facts
    53.2% of Latino Americans who enter the 9th grade complete the 12th grade and graduate with a regular diploma. (Source: The Hispanic Scholarship Fund)
    Latino youth accounted for more than 1/3 of the overall increase in undergraduate enrollment from 1996-2001. (Source: Hispanic Trends)
    By 2020, one in four U.S. youth will be Latino. (Source: US Census)
    Latinos are 17.4% of the US population 18-24 years old and 11.4% of the undergraduate population in higher education. (Source: The Hispanic Scholarship Fund)
    U.S. Latino purchasing power is projected to reach $1 Trillion by 2010. (Source: HispanTelligence)
    Latinos are the largest ethnic group in Washington State. (Source: U

This is from the roundtable site of theirs and the largest ethnic group..power in numbers and nothing is going to stop them...SO White folks do we play the game and start having popping out babies like them in order to shift the power.....Umm I can't have babies anymore so you all can have one for me!! Lol

Banned
    You can't shift the power when they are sending millions over the border

There is only one way to stop the problem

and its an ugly solution