Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

90% of computer jobs in US go to H-1B visa holders

http://robertlindsay.blogspot.com/2007/ ... ogram.html

90% of all computer jobs in the US are going to H-1B visa holders. To understand what an H-1B visa is, check out the essential Zazona http://www.zazona.com/ website.

There is need for few, if any, H-1B jobs in the US.

We are allowing around 200,000-350,000 H-1B's into the US every year, mostly from India to work in computers, but also in many other fields, such as school psychologist, long-haul truck driver and just about every job you could possibly imagine. Some of the jobs that have been filled via guest worker programs are

* Accountants
    * Administrators
    * Executives
    * Managers
    * Administrators
    * Software Programmers
    * Computer Scientists
    * Any type of Engineer and Technician you could imagine
    * Research Associates
    * Scientists
    * Lawyers
    * Tax Analysts
    * Teachers
    * College Professors
    * Postdocs
    * Fellows
    * Sports Instructors
    * Physiologists
    * Doctors
    * Nurses
    * Med-Techs
    * Therapists
    * Pharmacists
    * Surgical and Dental Assistants
    * Fashion Models
    * Secretaries
    * Clerks
    * Architects
    * Musicians
    * Artists
    * Youth Counselors
    * Day Care Workers
    * Cashiers

Ridiculous!

This whole program and all of its various evil twins are about cheap labor and nothing else. There is no shortage of workers in any capacity in America.

Since 1990, the laws of economics have been overturned in the US. This coincides with the introduction of the H-1B program and its babies. Formerly, businesses hired when business was good and laid off when business was bad. In economics, that is called "normal".

H-1B turned that upside down and introduced something called "churning". This is where profitable businesses both massively fire and massively hire workers with no relationship at all to their profits.

This is what happens:

Suppose business at company A is going like gangbusters. Paradoxically, the company is laying off huge numbers of workers. At the same time, they are hiring huge numbers of workers to replace them.

What's the catch? All of the fired workers are Americans. All of the hired workers are H-1B's, mostly from India. This is churning, and it has been going on the US for 17 years now. Both parties support the H-1B madness to the absolute hilt!

Need to import agricultural and blue collar workers? Just get an H-2B or H-2A visa for them.

Need to import workers for your educational or government enterprise? Just get a J-1 visa for them.

Feel like importing Canadians or Mexicans for anything whatsoever? No problem, just get a TN (NAFTA) visa for them.

People wonder why those of us on the Left hated NAFTA and have opposed all of its attempted children. This is one excellent reason.
    The fact that NAFTA caused a lowering of wages and a loss of jobs in the US, Canada and Mexico is yet another. It harmed workers and consumers in all three countries. The only people making out like bandits were businesses, in particular large businesses.

The Indian H-1B's are all brought here on visas that are stipulated as "non-immigrant visas". If they are not immigrants, what are they then? They are "guest workers", that's what they are!

The H-1B visa program quota fills up rapidly every year, leaving the US computer corporation liars screaming in paroxysms at Congress to raise the quota due to the "desperate job shortage". But there is no desperate worker shortage in that field. There are more than enough Americans to fill every single one of these jobs. No one calls the liars on it. Not one newspaper or magazine, not one politician.

In the past 6 years, an incredible 2 million of America's finest, our best and brightest, with years of education under their belts and the debts to show for it, have been tossed out on the streets like so much trash, replaced by inferior scabs from India.

I have heard stories like the one below before. Typically, the way H-1B works in a US computer corporation is this:

At first a few Indians are brought in. American workers are made, in abject humiliation, to train their replacements. This is akin to forcing a man to help his executioners prepare themselves for his own execution.

The opinion of most US tech workers is that these Indian tech workers are not very good. Most of them have been through a sleazy, corrupt 6-month program to get some "Masters of Computer Sciences Degree". A 6-month degree, with no prerequisite, that costs a whole $40! A 3-week training course in India is dishonestly written up as 4 years of experience.

The Indian H-1B's can't cut it, so the Americans have to make up for them. Or the Indians start to wreck the shop with their incompetence, but the management could care less.

The Indian H-1B's are almost all liars. They are some of the most dishonest people in this country. Show me an Indian H-1B, and I will show you a shameless, continuous, venal liar. Management knows they are lying all the time, but does not care.

Indian H-1B's tell the US government and their employer that they have a Master's Degree in Computer Science and that they 4 years of experience. The government and the employer both know the H-1B is lying; it's only a 6-month degree and he only had 3 weeks of experience, but neither cares.

An INS investigation of H-1B's revealed outrageous levels of fraud - 47% of H-1B's had faked credentials, experience or other essential facts. Most of the body shops are actually breaking the law via tax scams. This is one more way that American businesses cannot compete. Further, the body shops file the visa for one job and then reselling the employee as contractors.

After a while, the management, for some reason, fires the American supervisor. An Indian supervisor is now brought in the supervise the American-Indian mixed workforce. The Indian supervisor, either acting on management's order or through sheer ethnic chauvinism, begins to slowly fire all of the American workers.

He replaces them all with his Indian compatriots. Before they are terminated, each American is asked to train his Indian replacement. Most American workers training their replacements are shocked at how unqualified the Indian is for the job.

Whatever the motivations for this game, it smells like Indian ethnic warfare waged against non-Indian Americans through and through.

Indian H-1B's, unlike most scabs, have a large public relations industry in back of them, flush with cash. This industry gets charged up every year, along with the computer corporation liars, to squawk about the hallucinatory worker shortage.

Further, the Indian H-1B's themselves, being fairly intelligent, are known to pitch their case on the Net. Typically, the Indian liars say that any American who lost his job to an Indian scab is a "loser" who "could not cut it" and got fired to be replaced by his superior Indian replacement. He is urged to go out and hit the pavement in search of another job, no matter that 90% of them are reserved for foreign scabs.

The Indians below do not represent all Indians. The Indian H-1B scabs coming here are almost all Hindus from the upper castes. As such, they are the shock troops of the fascist Hindutva movement, since this movement appeals disproportionately to the upper castes.

These Indians either are part of the venal and wicked Indian ruling class, or they ally themselves with these parasites. At any rate, they see themselves as part of a racial and ethnic ruling class of India.

The Hindutva movement, like all ultranationalist rightwing movements, hates Western colonialism of their land. All India's problems are blamed on India's colonization by the British. In particular, Hinduism and especially the despicable caste system are upheld as the highest achievements of humanity1.

The movement is characterized by extreme hatred of Muslims and especially Muslim rule in India, which admittedly was not a picnic. The Hindutvas demand that Muslims apologize for the terror of their rule in India, but being Muslims, they never will, because Muslims never apologize for anything.

But the Hindutvas, like all ultranationalist fools, will never apologize for anything either. The hatred of the British, as you see below, extends to hatred of "the White man", as these types refer to us.

When the British came to India, they were appalled at the sickening and backwards aspects of its "ancient and glorious" religion and culture.

They banned burning women on funeral pyres after their husbands' death. They hated caste and campaigned against it. They pointed out the idiocy and backwardness of scientifically illiterate Indian "science", demanded its removal from all Indian school texts, and ordered that it be replaced by fact-based Western science.

They did impose English-language education, but that was more to kill the power of backwards Hindu religion infiltrating via language.

To the Dalits, the horribly persecuted dark-skinned "******" untouchables of South India, the British were a Godsend. To the Hindutvas, they were the worst thing that ever happened.

As you can see, and despite their colonial exploitation of India, the British did try to civilize the Indians. For this the Hindutvas will forever hate them.

The Hindutva scabs that currently infest out guest worker program are usually shockingly racist (by US White standard) towards our African Americans. About this, the US Left is utterly silent, because the only racism they care about is White racism. The Hindutvas have had lots of practice hating Blacks, with the centuries of ultra-Jim Crow the higher castes have been dealing out to their own Dalit "Blacks".*

[...]

The hatred of "Whitey" seen in many Indians comes from ruling class, upper caste and ultra-racist Hindutva scum. So, most Indians don't really hate Whites at all, and Dalits may even love Whites - many Dalits loved the British. It's more of an Indian ruling class hatred for the colonizer who shamed them and tried to take away their stupid, evil and insanely racist caste customs.

[...]

After responding recently to articles about the Indian invasion of America, I was finally encouraged to write an article about my experiences in the high-tech industry. Because of severance agreements, the names of my former company and former coworkers have been changed or omitted.

I am a computer programmer, and have been for 15 years. I worked for a company in California for 6 years, and I was the director of one of the R&D projects.

About a year ago, most of the other American employees and I were fired and replaced with people from India on H-1B and L-1 visas. The people from India were making only a fraction of what we Americans were making. I was making $110K a year; my replacement, $37K. The people under me were making about $75K; their replacements, about $29K.

To keep my severance pay, I was required to stay on for an additional six months (after the other Americans were fired) to train the replacements. This was probably the most humiliating experience of my life.

What I describe above is happening now every day.

[b]Many of my friends in high-tech have also recently been fired, and are being replaced with cheap imported labor from India or China. Microsoft says there is a “high-tech shortage,â€

Google This. All your Deed Records on line in India.

First American Land Title of Calif.

Lots of job openings in India.
    just take a look at google , Banglor India,
    Title Examiner, ect. computer people, all being sent off shore.

They are doing the title to your home in India.

The data from all the County Court Houses Nation Wide are now on line
    and are bing used by wage slaves in India.

All the Deed Records, the Deed of Trust Records, Plats, indexes, all of it
    now on line real time in India.

Example:
    http://www.prleap.com/pr/80428/

Call your local First American Land Title Office and ask them.

I'd like to hear PhredE's take on this.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Google This. All your Deed Records on line in India.

Quote Originally Posted by APACHEWHOKNOWS
    First American Land Title of Calif.

Lots of job openings in India.
    just take a look at google , Banglor India,
    Title Examiner, ect. computer people, all being sent off shore.

They are doing the title to your home in India.
    Eventually this information will make it easier for Indians to buy up property in the US from Americans who have trouble making their payments on land contracts, mortgages and unpaid tax bills. Using certain paperwork procedures they can make it difficult for relatives to own real estate after the original owner has died.

This country is being invaded by Indians.

Unoccupied Southeast Georgia But Not For Much Longer
    And to think Obama supports the importation of millions of additional H1B, H2A, H2B and L1 visas using the recapture provision retroactive to 1991. Is this the same Obama who said he will put Americans back to work??? Wait until he stops all workplace raids and other enforcement allowing the rest of the world's unemployed to take advantage of the millions of jobs that may arise from the stimulus package.......The more things progress the more they remain the same......
    There is no freedom without the law. Remember our veterans whose sacrifices allow us to live in freedom.

Lest we forget Bill Gates is the smartest man in the world...or so they say. What's so smart about this?

Quote Originally Posted by retiredairforce
    Is this the same Obama who said he will put Americans back to work???
    If Obama is going down the same path as before, then what he means by "Americans" are what he believes will be the millions of "new Americans" who have arrived because of amnesty or temporary work permits. He is hoping that native American citizens will be "fooled" into thinking they didn't get the "new jobs" because they didn't study hard enough in school, were too lazy, didn't really want the jobs anyway, so didn't deserve to get them, etc.

Now that things are unraveling very quickly in this country, it is up to Obama to see if he wants to do things the "old way" which will probably plunge this country into civil unrest, or "experiment" with telling the truth for once (sad that being "truthful" for politicians is an experiment).

It is very, very rare for politicians to do this type of turnaround. It happened to Soviet Secretary Gorbachev when he denounced the Soviet Union.

I was looking at an IT job posting yesterday here in Ft Worth, and it said "not accepting H1B applicants at this time". I wonder if this will be a trend?
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

This is very angering to me and with this development being reported more and more I have made a connection.

I entered the graduate program in chemisrty at UC Davis in 1994. The incoming grad class that I was a part of was about 40 or so students with one of which that was Hispanic and about 5 of which were asian from Vietnam an mainland China.

Part of the grad program required us to become teachers assistants and that job gave me the opportunity to teach, something that I had no interest in doing prior to that. My classes were mostly pre-med freshmen and they were highly competitive making it a teachers dream. These students really wanted to learn and earn A's in order to be accepted into medical school. At least 75% of my students were asian and I learned that they are to be called by their last name first then first name. Of course I butchered the names which made for fun times but after the first quarter I could prounounce "Nguen" perfectly

To make a long story short I really enjoyed teaching. The following year I was made head teachers assistant and was incharge of my class of grad student TA's and the incoming grad students in the department. The incoming chemistry grad class consisted of about the same number 35 or 40 students, but this time only about 5 were Americans and the rest were asian non americans. Most were from mainland China and there were some whose english skills were so poor that they couldn't teach at all.

Many concerned grad students questioned why there was such a high percentage of foreign incoming chemistry grad students as we were aware that they were being funded by taxpayer dollars to study at UCD. We were never given an acceptable explanation and then had to go about our own work.

As head TA in 1995 I was expected to create miracles where these foreign TA's had to effectively teach American students chemistry in English. After all we were in California, USA. First of all the department didn't offer enough spaces to fill the demand for the students that needed to complete the requisite. I encouraged them to go to the department head then the chancelor en masse to demand a new section open up for them. It worked. Then I received very legitimate complaints about a few of the foreign grad students inability to teach. After sitting through a few of these lab sections and watching the disaster in front of me I complained to the department head. Got nowhere. Then I encouraged the students to do as before, go en masse and complain to the department head and the chancelor as before. Got nowhere.

After much furstration, I asked my students- "who is paying for your education". Most of them responded that their parents were funding their education. I suggested that each one of them contact their parents to tell them about their teachers that cannot speak English and cannot teach them their classes effectively. This will hurt their efforts of being accepted into grad school in the future. They did this and in turn their parents complained and it worked. The worst TA's were moved into research assistantships (RA's) and out of teaching.

The bad thing about this is that being an RA was a presteigous job more so than being a TA. It paid better. Over the course of my two years at UCD I heard many a research professor comment about the work ethic of American grad students versus those from India or China for example. Basically what it boiled down to was that foreign grad students will work 24/7 and for peanuts. They'll sleep in their labs to get work done. That is what they thought but it wasn't the reality they were only thinking of some of the foreign students that were this way, but that is another subject alltogether.

I decided to drop out of the program and only get my masters and not the PhD. My reasons were basically that I was sick of being in school but the biggie was this- one of my fellow research group grad students a fellow from Mainland China had just graduated and recieved his PhD. He was stoked to have landed a job that paid......$32K per year! WTF?? go to school for four to six years beyond university to earn less than I could as a bartender working 4 nights a week? No fricking way.

I wonder how the face of the grad student population has changed since I graduated in 1996. I can't help but wonder if what I experienced was the beginning of the skilled work visa explosion and job replacements with foreign skilled workers that we're seeing now. Keep in mind that many of these foreign skilled workers are being or have been educated at YOUR expense Americans!

The American researchers mind works differently than that of the foreign researcher and many of these that I have come across are anit-social as they become buried in their work and lose focus on anything else, but they DO have a conscience. A little bit of evidence of this is in the news right now, the melamine contamination that is being found in food products from China. After having been in the pharmaceutical industry in the USA and dealing with FDA and OSHA seeing this melamine drama unfold is extremely angering at best.

we are in a deep recession and congress Bush or Obama will not cut these foreign worker visas. American citizens no longer can count on their government to protect and ensure the good standard of living that good jobs bring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast