Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

912 March and Protest (Comments, Stories and Photos)

Here are a bunch more photos and comments for my fellow ALIPAC wild people.

Freedom Plaza and Pennsylvania Ave.

6:30AM Volunteers are being trained and they set up the the stage in freedom plaza.

The signs were wonderful. Here are a few great ones

7:00AM Citizens Arrive

And arrive... At 8:00AM There were over 200,000 in Pennsylvania Ave.

The t-shirt of the day.

[b]Every participant had a special moment as they walked in front of this building with the first amendment on its face: "Congress shall pass no law... abridging... the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievences." Many spontaneously started yelling "CAN YOU HEAR US NOW?"

The view from the west lawn first-aid station.

A million and a half people [abc/park service/cnn] or 60,000 [official]...
    I counted 200,000 using disaster training techniques at 8:00AM There were at least five times that number that went down Pennsylvania Ave. The whole west lawn, reflecting pool and mall down to the last cross street were absolutely stuffed. Using the estimation tools published in USA Today before President Obama's inauguration there must have been no less than a million.

This is the promise that will scare the blagards permanently.

911 Meets 912
    I can't describe how I felt when Vinny, NY Fireman running for congress talked about 911 to the whole protest. He and his brothers in uniform called the day before the march to ask if they could volunteer with the medical team. We emailed back and forth, I thought you would enjoy evesdropping.

Here is Vinny's speech: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ93tnM3Efs

Vincent Forras September 13 at 10:19pm
    Hey Ken... please keep in touch. I was so proud to speak at the event in DC.. Just wish I was granted more than 1 minute, ,even another 15 seconds would have allowed me to complete my thought relating 911/912 in 2001 to each and every year that has past and that is yet to come...
    God bless.... Vinny

Kenneth Happel Vinny, We are a brotherhood of trust, rescuers. There is a promise, unspoken but real, a dignity not made of manners or title but earned and and a love not, of feeling, but of sacrifice, our small imitation of that great example calling, "no greater love hath any man, than that he lay down his life for another." Of course I will keep in touch. God bless you too. Win your election for us. THANK YOU from all of us living right on the left coast and everywhere else in our beloved country.

Kenneth Happel September 14 at 12:46am
    Vinny. A thought about the speech. There are so many times when we need our symbols to be what we trust them to be. When we need to know that what we trust is real. That is why the constitution is our symbol, its image our logo and "we the people" our slogan. If you had stood and read the phone book, we all would have understood. Though few were physically there, we were all covered in the dust of ground zero. We are Americans.

---
    Clean sweep

At the end of the march the mall looked like this... (from http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/20...-liberals.html)

I listened to journalists in panels on various TV stations describe how 912 protestors were filled with hate, were racist or deluded or just too old to be listened too. There is such a difference between their words and reality. I watched the people around the first aid station grooming the grounds as they left. A senior lady from the south, a biker from Texas, a black child in a red white and blue Lincoln top hat all bent over to get that last bit of paper or a cup. Respect is not earned, it is given. It is a gift. Respect comes from something in the person that offers it. Something grand. So grand it is displayed in the little moments, like a moment when the senior lady from the south (I don't know her name), saw me looking as I picked up the area around me, she nodded and said, "You know, we are a good people, we do what is right without being told. We came from all over to clean up a mess and we clean up our own too."

Great photos, kmhappel. Thanks for posting.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

How refreshing . Not asking for anything from the government except what is owed to us .

April
    Thanks for posting.

JAK
    Soooooo Awesome!! Thank you for sharing!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you for the pictures kmhappel.

And who knows how many Americans were there in spirit but unable to attend? Probably more than were there.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thank you so much for sharing...these are the real faces of America not the ones marching with their Mexican flags, in 2006!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)