Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    If this bill passes, it can never be changed or repealed by anyone ever again. This makes this bill ironclad, and makes the rest of us helpless against a tyrannical government. And they can, and probably already have sneaked this language into other bills that they rushed through in the dead of the night after writing them in secret.

Immigration reform is exactly the kind of bill they would want to never be changed or repealed because it's an issue they are not ever going to want to visit again. After seeing this with the health care bill, and the fact that it was all done with corruption, secrecy and Chicago style politics, I don't trust them when it comes to the coming amnesty, and this scares the hell out of me.
    I disagree. If parts of the bill are deemed unconstitutional, then that can be changed in the future with a constitutional-minded Congress. We have to either bring these villans up on charges or leave them be and fire all of them in 2010. Meanwhile, will the Supreme Court step up if called upon to rule on this travesty?
    The article says the Supreme Court doesn't like to get mixed up in Senate rules, so who knows. This kind of stuff is blatant "in your face" treason against the very people they are elected to serve. This is all very backwards and needs to be reversed, and fast.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    people who are not accountable to the public in any way will be running your life!

Dixie
    People from the CFR, Bilderbergs and Tri-Lats are already doing that I'm afraid.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The time for talk is rapidly coming to an end. What is needed is a clear and loud message they can't ignore even if they wanted too, a National Strike, shut down everything. Even if half the country stayed home for one day, it would have an impact. problem is organizing something as massive as that is very difficult. But the time has come for measures such as this. Oh btw the whole bill is unconstitutional not just part of it.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

This is what happens when the Constitution is swept into the dustbin. Excuse me, but if any legislation that is not consistant with the Constitution, is null and void. Especially anything that would lay out a tyranny. Even Thomas Jefferson understood the faults of men, and even admitted that small tyrannies that happen inadvertantly will work themselves out, a tyranny on this level, has got to be a conspiracy against the people.

But also remember this isn't the only tyrannical legislation that has been passed into law at this time of the year. Tomorrow the 23rd, will be the 96th anniversary since the Federal Reserve Act finally passed through the senate, and look what it has done to our monetary system, and how much power it actually weilds for it's owners and controllers. Because it sure isn't us, the chattle slaves.

If this, and any other tyrannical legislation passes, I think we are going to start to see Concord Bridges, and Lexingtons. Mainly because the people will be so backed into a corner and forced into despotic conditions, that they will feel there is no where else to turn. Put people in positions of desperation, and guess what, they will do desperate things.

April
    </a>

I have blood shooting out of my eyes have to go take my medication I can not stand these traitors anymore!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

We are being reduced to absolute Despotism, we are entering what is in my opinion the most darkest, dangerous period in our history, if this Bill passes, it will end freedom as we know it, the Constitution will be officialy dead. The Government will have unpresidented power over every facet of our lives, pray this doesn't pass.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Been calling my State Senator, informing him about the several states that have been moving toward pulling out the 10th Amendment card and looking at the nullification card. His aide was put back a bit when I suggested that my state start that process, yet we continued talking and he continued questioning, he was of the opinion that we are far from the Constitution, but said more people were needed to place much pressure on state reps in order to move into that direction.

The word is out, will continue to push in this direction. Nullify!

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Reid Bill Says Future Congresses Cannot Repeal Parts of Reid Bill

Senator Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) pointed out some rather astounding language in the Senate health care bill during floor remarks tonight. First, he noted that there are a number of changes to Senate rules in the bill--and it's supposed to take a 2/3 vote to change the rules. And then he pointed out that the Reid bill declares on page 1020 that the Independent Medicare Advisory Board cannot be repealed by future Congresses:

there's one provision that i found particularly troubling and it's under section c, titled "limitations on changes to this subsection."

and i quote -- "it shall not be in order in the senate or the house of representatives to consider any bill, resolution, amendment, or conference report that would repeal or otherwise change this subsection."

this is not legislation. it's not law. this is a rule change. it's a pretty big deal. we will be passing a new law and at the same time creating a senate rule that makes it out of order to amend or even repeal the law.

i'm not even sure that it's constitutional, but if it is, it most certainly is a senate rule. i don't see why the majority party wouldn't put this in every bill. if you like your law, you most certainly would want it to have force for future senates.

i mean, we want to bind future congresses. this goes to the fundamental purpose of senate rules: to prevent a tyrannical majority from trampling the rights of the minority or of future co congresses.

Watch DeMint's full remarks here:

DeMint Challenges Democrats on Rules Changes in Reid Health Bill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnmvVo_i ... r_embedded

According to page 1001 of the Reid bill, the purpose of the Independent Medical Advisory Board is to "reduce the per capita rate of growth in Medicare spending." For any fearmongers out there tempted to call an unelected body that recommends Medicare cuts a "Death Panel," let me be clear. According to page 1004, IMAB proposals "shall not include any recommendation to ration health care"--you know, just like the bill says there's no funding for abortion.

Paging Sarah Palin: the death panel is unkillable.

Update: A friend suggests that Congress could kill IMAB by refusing to fund it. So much for zombie death panels, I guess, for now. Also, the Senate could change the rules to rule repealing or amending IMAB in order. But that would take a 2/3 majority. The Democrats aren't playing by the rules; they may be violating the Constitution.

Posted by John McCormack on December 21, 2009 11:40 PM

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/T ... cong_1.asp

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    Been calling my State Senator, informing him about the several states that have been moving toward pulling out the 10th Amendment card and looking at the nullification card. His aide was put back a bit when I suggested that my state start that process, yet we continued talking and he continued questioning, he was of the opinion that we are far from the Constitution, but said more people were needed to place much pressure on state reps in order to move into that direction.

The word is out, will continue to push in this direction. Nullify!
    Roundabout, I think it's about time to stir up Texans to either require our state officials to very forcefully stand up for states rights or move to request a vote for secession. We are in serious trouble and it's time for the people to take back control of our government.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast