I don't know how many of you are signed up with Numbers USA, but I just received one of their action email alerts, letting me know that they have faxes all set up to go out to NYS Senators Schumer & Clinton regarding the recent hate crime on LI, and how it's being blamed on our fight against illegal immigration.

There is also a fax to show support for Sufffolk County Legislator Steve Levy, who has been courageous in his fight against illegal immigration for several years now. I hope all of you will join with me in sending a loud message to my NY Senators and the biased NY media. It is now out of control and something needs to be done. Here's what it said in my email:

Ask your Senators to Support Suffolk County Executive Steve Levy.

Marcelo Lucero, an Ecuadorean immigrant, was brutally murdered on the night of Saturday, November 8 by a group of teenagers.Â* This is truly an act of senseless violence which has no place in our society.

Open-border groups and selected media outlets (principally the New York Times) have come to the conclusion that the blame for this horrible murder rests with Steve Levy, the Suffolk County executive.Â* Mr. Levy is not a racist and does not discriminate against any individuals in his community.Â* However, he is accused of doing so because he has chosen to enforce our nation's immigration laws.Â*

Because all persons suspected of being illegally present are checked upon entry into the Suffolk county jail (and reported to ICE if they are illegal aliens) and because Mr. Levy tries to prevent illegal aliens from acquiring jobs that Americans and legal immigrants want and need, he has been branded a racist and an accessory to murder.Â* This truly borders on the absurd.Â* The terrible murder of Marcelo Lucero certainly must be prosecuted. At the same time, an innocent man like Levy should not be forced to take even a fraction of the blame for this horrid act.

Please send faxes to Senators Schumer and Clinton.Â* Remind them that Mr. Levy's actions do not inspire anti-immigrant feelings; they actually reduce inappropriate responses to foreign-born individuals by giving people a sense of order.Â* It is in fact the condoning of illegal immigration that fuels hatred.

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/

Go to the main page and look to the left of the page under "Take Action" There's a link there that says "action buffet". That's where you need to go. I think you may have to register before being able to fax out the pre-written letters.

Since this brutal attack has been reported nationwide and might have consequences for all Americans, I think it should be alright for those who are not NY residents to participate in this mass faxing project. I hope you'll join in! Thanks!