Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

To whoever votes yes on Bill 1026

I am not a citizen of your state but your vote affects my country and family just the same . Do not take any more from us to pass along to others . It is not your money your giving away . Please go to Mexico and see what you can offer there .

Noam..

What do yall think ? Edit it ?

Remember what happened to Dave Crocket when he tried this kind of 'good hearted ' stuff with other peoples money ? He almost lost election until he changed his tune .

One of the old farmers told him to reach into his own pocket and give to the people who were in the fire, not give away anothers mans money . this money belongs to the people ,not the leaders to act charitable .

Add Oregon rep. Andy Olson to the list of supporters! Just got an email from him.

Im sorry but this action alert is confusing. It mentions many states, but for specific actions it says locate "your representatives in UT....." I dont live in UT so are you asking for only residents of that state to ask?

Please trim down the post, to

I Purpose

II Actions

III Background (optional reading)

with links for each action if location of contact info is required. If we need to use a different subforum please link to it.

I want to help, but honestly many actions that have come out all have the same emphasis (stress) level and obviously some actions are much more important that others (i.e. senate amnesty vs. Iowa blogs). I would be happy to give more feedback to streamline the actions - make them more accessible and easier to peform.

I thank you for posting actions - its exactly what is needed.

April
    Stealthwii,While you may not live in Utah or Oregon, what happens there can impact you. Also, your state may be next and need help from others as well. That is why we are asking all the activists to join in. Please do what you can, if you get overwhelmed, take a break and come back to it, that is what I do. Thanks for joining in.

LICENSES

FOCUS CAMPAIGN TO STOP LICENSES FOR ILLEGALS IN OREGON
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-103341.html

FOCUS CAMPAIGN TO STOP LICENSES FOR ILLEGALS IN UTAH
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-103342.html

ALIPAC's Platform has four main components. One of the most important is cutting off all benefits to illegal aliens, including licenses and in-state tuition.

A driver license is a fundamental document illegal aliens need to conduct their business in the US.

Currently, there are six states known to still give licenses to illegal aliens.

Hawaii, Maine, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah and Washington

We were pleased to remove Michigan from the list last week because they are stopping that practice! We have a chance over the next 72 hours to knock Utah and Oregon off the list, IF YOU TAKE ACTION.

ALIPAC played a strong role in stopping New York State Governor Elliot Spitzer's plan to give illegal aliens licenses. This win created a domino effect that is slowly pushing the remaining states to cut off licenses.

The national press attention to the poll which showed 77% of Americans oppose licenses for illegal aliens was revealed during the Spitzer battle.

Please take the following steps as soon as possible.

REMEMBER THAT THE ACTIONS YOU TAKE TODAY COULD HAVE A POSITIVE IMPACT IN THE FUTURE FOR OUR EFFORTS ON TOP OF THE SPECIFIC GOALS OUTLINED HERE.

GENERAL MEASURES

Step 1: Please locate your state Representatives in your State House and Senate and make contact with them both by phone and e-mail. You can locate them by going to Google or Yahoo dot com and searching on "Michigan State Assembly" or "Idaho State Government".

Step 2: Please print or e-mail copy of the three state laws we have mounted on the top of our FOCUS Campaign Area at ALIPAC from OK, AZ, and GA. These three states have passed the strongest state laws at this time and the illegal aliens are on the run out of these states! You will want to assure by phone, e-mail, and fax that both of your state representatives have copies of these bills, with a note from you encouraging them to pass them in your state! If you live in the states of GA, AZ, or OK, you will want to contact your legislators to say, "Thank you for passing these strong immigration enforcement laws. I hope you will look for ways to do even more to crack down on illegal immigration in our state."

This task should take you about 30 minutes of time. With your efforts, we will have these bills and encouragements in the hands of thousands of state legislators within a few days.

Copies of the GA, AZ, OK bills to send to your legislators
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-103375.html

FOCUS Campaigns for Utah and Oregon

We need every ALIPAC Activist in every state to agree to make a minimum of ten calls, followed by ten e-mails or faxes in both Utah and Oregon.

This should take approximately one hour of your time.

Please try to complete calls on Tuesday, wed, and Thursday of this week.

Step 1: Visit the Link to the Focus Campaigns for Utah and Oregon on the ALIPAC Site. The FOCUS Campaign Section is located in our Discussion Groups area of www.alipac.us You should check this area often for activism opportunities. You may also post questions and feedback on these campaigns.

Step 2: Read each article associated with the campaign, to fully inform yourself on the legislation and situation. You should also read the sample letter/call language and the main talking points we provide to prepare.

Step 3: Craft your own personal message for the legislators in that state using the articles, our sample letter and talking points. ALIPAC does not provide form letters or templates, nor do we provide cut and paste e-mail lists to save you time. The reason for this is that template letters and cut and paste e-mail lists will have less of an impact. Each contact should be done one at a time, personalized, and be a call followed by an e-mail. If you take shortcuts and just do e-mails, or if you try to send to all legislators at once, or if you just cut and paste our sample letter the chances are high your contact will be screened out by their spam filters or have little or no impact.

Step 4: Follow the links we provide to the contact information for the Utah and Oregon legislatures. In Oregon, you will be contacting the House to support Senate Bill 1080 which has already passed in the Senate.

In Utah you will be contacting the Senate to support HB239 which has already passed in the house.

Select a minimum of ten legislators in each and place a call. You should ask to speak to the lawmaker first and if not available you should speak to staff. If you reach a voice mail, leave a voice mail.

Step 5: After making the phone contacts, follow up with your personalized e-mail or fax. If you spoke to a staffer, include their name on your e-mail. Ex: "Dear Ms. Smith, I enjoyed speaking with you on the phone today, please tell Representative Collins that I want him to support HB239...."

Our experienced ALIPAC Activists are ready to assist you with this project 24/7. You can get help by posting at these links or by contacting our Volunteer Coordinator, Elizabeth Faye, at volunteers@alipac.us

ALIPAC's MAIN FOCUS CAMPAIGN INDEX
    http://www.alipac.us/forum-24.html

FOCUS CAMPAIGN TO STOP LICENSES FOR ILLEGALS IN OREGON
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-103341.html

April,

I dont mind helping out another state - perhaps I wrote my post wrong.

I was confused because the action alert indicated to me that perhaps only residents of that state should take part in the action alert.

Quote 1: We were pleased to remove Michigan from the list last week because they are stopping that practice! We have a chance over the next 72 hours to knock Utah and Oregon off the list, IF YOU TAKE ACTION.

Quote 2: Please locate your state Representatives in your State House and Senate and make contact with them both by phone and e-mail. You can locate them by going to Google or Yahoo dot com and searching on "Michigan State Assembly" or "Idaho State Government".

Why in Quote 2 do you want us searching for the contact info of Michigan and Idaho state governments if you want us to contact Utah and Utah???

After re-reading I think this action post is really two actions - one set of actions for Michigan and Idaho and a completely separate set of actions for Oregon and Utah - correct?

I guess you can keep these two in one post, but the way it reads I cant really separate them out, the whole post just blends together.

Im not burned out - Im confused by the action post.

We are asking you to do two things.

1. The Michigan and Idaho quotes are examples. If you live in South Carolina, then Google "South Carolina State Government". If you live in Washington State, then Google "Washington State Government" to locate the website of your state's lawmakers. Then use the site to determine who your representatives are and get them copies of the GA, OK, and AZ laws we provide you with copies.

This step is to assure that every ALIPAC supporter's state reps have copies of and encouragements to pass those strong state laws in GA, AZ, and OK.

2. We want you to get on the phones to legislators in the states of Utah and Oregon where important battles are taking place this week.

Follow the links to the FOCUS campaigns where you will find the articles to read and the sample script.

Follow the contact info link for each one and start emailing and calling as many targeted legislators as you can to encourage them to support the bills.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    ANOTHER DAY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE PATRIOTS!!!! OUR COUNTRY IS AT STAKE!!! FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!!!!

PICK UP THOSE PHONES AND LET YOU VOICE BE HEARD!!

working4change
    Good Morning..working on Oregon today.

April
    Thanks working4change!!! I am on it as well!

Another day another difference we can make for America!!!

...............EMERGENCY ALERT" 2/13.................
    Please help take Action!!! NOW
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-103479.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast