Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

12:15pm PT

Sen Schumer (D-NY) speaking...
    Stimulus spending package needed. Pumping in billions of dollars into the economy is needed. Credit problem still exists. Speed is important.
    We have to thread a needle here. Economy complicated and moving fast.
    We need to keep this simple. It doesn't mean that we should 'rubber stamp' nor deviate too far that will get bogged down later on. Bipartisan spirit exists to get this done.

I have a bunch of amendments, but I'm not going to push these - in the interest of getting something reasonably good passed quickly.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Zeezil - Thanks, that appears to be it. (I'm watching on the idiot box, not online FYI...)

SOSAD - Don't know, interesting question...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

For once Bush had a decent idea. It is not enough, but it would be ok.

These jokers are doing just what he asked them not to do...Piggybacking add ons that having nothing to do with the relief refund.

The joker talking about infrastructure on this issue, should be hung out to dry.

How about we tax all of the money being sent to Mexico to pay for "infrastructure" and jobs. And teaching all of us our new national language "Spanish".
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

Thanks, zeezil. I have forwarded this to others, and have posted it on another immigration forum.

12:20pm PT

Sen Roberts (R-KS) speaking generally about bill. Thanks to Kyl, chairman, etc. Talking about navigating bipartisan nature of process, is applicable to other important pieces of legislation as well.

Done..

Hatch (R-UT) speaking now.
    Talking about senate version of bill - thinks to be better than House.
    Many different approaches to task exist. Economists probably disagree on what 'best' approach. Agrees it is not good to exclude low-income seniors, etc. I see the bill becoming bogged down due to additional provision/amendments, etc.

Effect of bill will reduce taxes for all income levels, but, talking about those making <100,000 vs. those making >100,000 - in effect results in a different actual tax burden in different groups.

I don't think this is the correct way to go. I think we should bring the House bill to a quick vote and put that into law.

Thanks to Sen Cantwell, etc. Sen. Grassley.

12:24pm PT

Sen Snowe speaking -

(break for transcriber - the direct comments about Illegal Immigrants appear to have come and gone; so I won't cover this play-by-play for now. I've got to go anyhow... but, I'm sure if some direct comments appear that someone on the thread will post - you can bet on it! )

Senate Finance Committee #
    (202) 224-4515

I just called and the staffer said that Grassley and Baucus are aware of the loophole and are trying to get it closed.

Please, give them some more calls to express your concern.

Thanks Z, good idea.

Sen Grassley, in particular, has been a good friend of ours in the cause.
    Sen Baucus hasn't been as good, but he's marginally better than many senate Dems too.

Be sure to give him some extra nice reinforcement. A well-stated, reasonable, politely imparted message will do the most to win an adherent to your point of view.

Thanks Zeezil, calling now!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

April

Ok, I'll call. Other than Baucus, any senators we should focus on?

What's the status as of now?

Ok, I see that we should call Finance Committee.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast