Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ad for army reserve or national guard?

I was watching TV yesterday and saw an ad for either army reserve or national guard in Spanish....absolutely no English.
    Does anyone know which one it was advertising? I am really astounded.
    "Remember the Alamo!"

Can an illegal apply for any armed forces job? Don't tell me they recruit illegals??
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

MW
    alisab wrote:

Can an illegal apply for any armed forces job? Don't tell me they recruit illegals??
    No, but a green card holder can.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

who knows now, but that ad was in Spanish and on TV! I just can't remember which branch. I don't know if they verify citizenship to enlist in military. Would make sense to do so, but hey, this is America.
    "Remember the Alamo!"

Quote Originally Posted by krazynbama
    who knows now, but that ad was in Spanish and on TV! I just can't remember which branch. I don't know if they verify citizenship to enlist in military. Would make sense to do so, but hey, this is America.
    As said, a Legal Permanent Resident can be in the military, but may not be able to hold certain jobs or have a security clearance...

They can actually gain their citizenship rather quickly (a year of service) that way...

Why would they verify citizenship for military service when they don't even verify citizenship to vote in most of our states?
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me, you hear!?"

Unfortunately, a chunk of illegals make their way into the military. What happens is that they ship out of MEPS and go thru training and AIT (in the case of the Army) before a full background check catches up with them. I do belive that they are vigilant in trying to enforce it.

It seems there is a push to deal with it (but this article is about 3.5 years old):

ARTICLE LINK:
    http://www.military.com/NewContent/0,13 ... ls,00.html

ARTICLE EXERPT:
    A Stunning Disclosure on Illegals in the Military

Every now and then, I read or hear something that just stops me dead in my tracks. Sometimes I break out in laughter, sometimes I scream out in anguish, and sometimes I break down and feel like crying.

On rare occasions, I find myself with all those reactions. On very rare occasions, those reactions are almost lost in a cacophony of a multitude of rapid-fire involuntary reactions that include pride, relief, anger, frustration, motivation, inspiration and blatant disbelief. An article in The Denver Post on Feb. 24 that the U.S. military does not know the citizenship status of 16,031 active-duty military personnel provided me with my latest "very rare occasion."
    CONT

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen
    Unfortunately, a chunk of illegals make their way into the military. What happens is that they ship out of MEPS and go thru training and AIT (in the case of the Army) before a full background check catches up with them. I do belive that they are vigilant in trying to enforce it.
    Which brings me to a weak point in the Immigration Reform Bill that claims that we can do a background check on all Visa applicants in 24 hours! HA!...if a person can enlist in the military as an illegal immigrant and it takes the government until they are half way or all the way through boot camp before they are caught...how in the world can they do a 24 hour background check on anyone else?

When I buy a gun in California...I go through a background check that lasts a couple weeks! I know, some of that is a "cooling off period" in the event I am buying the gun for illegal purposes...but still!!! There is NO WAY an extensive background check can be done in 24 hours!!
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me, you hear!?"

MW
    CostaMesaMan wrote:

Which brings me to a weak point in the Immigration Reform Bill that claims that we can do a background check on all Visa applicants in 24 hours!
    It's theoratically impossible to do a comprehensive background check in 24 hours.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by CostaMesaMan

Which brings me to a weak point in the Immigration Reform Bill that claims that we can do a background check on all Visa applicants in 24 hours! HA!...if a person can enlist in the military as an illegal immigrant and it takes the government until they are half way or all the way through boot camp before they are caught...how in the world can they do a 24 hour background check on anyone else?

When I buy a gun in California...I go through a background check that lasts a couple weeks! I know, some of that is a "cooling off period" in the event I am buying the gun for illegal purposes...but still!!! There is NO WAY an extensive background check can be done in 24 hours!!
    Good point.