Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Advertisement in today’s paper - Hispanics needed

I was going through the employment section of todays, June 26, Raleigh NC News and Observer and saw this ad.

CLEANING – Hispanics needed to supervise & clean buildings & homes. 280-XXXX (mod note, removed pending verification - DQ)

I have seen numerous ads wanting bilingual speakers but I have never seen an ad so blatantly discriminatory. Am I the only one disturbed by it? In case you want to give these people your opinion the area code here is 919.

NCnative71, Welcome to ALIPAC!

No we are all disturbed by this. I wonder why they would only ask for Hispanics? Seems like that is a violation of the EEOC laws, but maybe that is just me???

http://www.eeoc.gov/abouteeo/overview_practices.html
    Under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), it is illegal to discriminate in any aspect of employment, including:

* hiring and firing;
    * compensation, assignment, or classification of employees;
    * transfer, promotion, layoff, or recall;
    * job advertisements;
    * recruitment;
    * testing;
    * use of company facilities;
    * training and apprenticeship programs;
    * fringe benefits;
    * pay, retirement plans, and disability leave; or
    * other terms and conditions of employment.

Discriminatory practices under these laws also include:

* harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or age;
    * retaliation against an individual for filing a charge of discrimination, participating in an investigation, or opposing discriminatory practices;
    * employment decisions based on stereotypes or assumptions about the abilities, traits, or performance of individuals of a certain sex, race, age, religion, or ethnic group, or individuals with disabilities; and
    * denying employment opportunities to a person because of marriage to, or association with, an individual of a particular race, religion, national origin, or an individual with a disability. Title VII also prohibits discrimination because of participation in schools or places of worship associated with a particular racial, ethnic, or religious group.

Employers are required to post notices to all employees advising them of their rights under the laws EEOC enforces and their right to be free from retaliation. Such notices must be accessible, as needed, to persons with visual or other disabilities that affect reading.

Note: Many states and municipalities also have enacted protections against discrimination and harassment based on sexual orientation, status as a parent, marital status and political affiliation. For information, please contact the EEOC District Office nearest you.
    Other Discriminatory Practices Under Federal EEO Laws
    Title VII

Title VII prohibits not only intentional discrimination, but also practices that have the effect of discriminating against individuals because of their race, color, national origin, religion, or sex.
    National Origin Discrimination

* It is illegal to discriminate against an individual because of birthplace, ancestry, culture, or linguistic characteristics common to a specific ethnic group.
    * A rule requiring that employees speak only English on the job may violate Title VII unless an employer shows that the requirement is necessary for conducting business. If the employer believes such a rule is necessary, employees must be informed when English is required and the consequences for violating the rule.

The Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) of 1986 requires employers to assure that employees hired are legally authorized to work in the U.S. However, an employer who requests employment verification only for individuals of a particular national origin, or individuals who appear to be or sound foreign, may violate both Title VII and IRCA; verification must be obtained from all applicants and employees. Employers who impose citizenship requirements or give preferences to U.S. citizens in hiring or employment opportunities also may violate IRCA.

Additional information about IRCA may be obtained from the Office of Special Counsel for Immigration-Related Unfair Employment Practices at 1-800-255-7688 (voice), 1-800-237-2515 (TTY for employees/applicants) or 1-800-362-2735 (TTY for employers) or at http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/osc.
    Maybe I am reading it wrong, but does it not say that race cannot be a factor as to why people are or are not hired?
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

NCNative71--WELCOME TO ALIPAC!!!

SAVE YOUR PAPER!! This is HUGE EVIDENCE!!

OUTSTANDING!!

Am I bothered by this? OHMYGOD....YES, YES, YES, YES!!

That is a BLATANT VIOLATION of our US Labor and US Civil Rights Laws. Probably our US IMMIGRATION LAWS as well as we may only assume given the long waiting lines to enter the country legally, that they are recruiting HISPANIC/ILLEGALS as well. AND NC has its own civil rights laws that pattern US Law.

You should forward a copy of the ad and file a complaint with:

NC Attorney General's Office, Victims and Citizens Section...FAX NUMBER - 919-716-6705. Telephone Number: 919-716-6781. Ask for an attorney. Suggest initials: WP

Also send a copy to your state representative and state senator and Governor.

Make a Stink!!

AGAIN WELCOME TO ALIPAC!!

P. S. Drive around construction sites and see how "diverse" they are today. Here and everywhere I've been they are 100% Hispanic which means 100% Caucasian and GROSS VIOLATIONS of our Labor and Civil Rights Laws including Equal Employment Opportunity Laws.

"A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation." Ronald Reagan
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

How ALIPAC can match La Raza?

This post brings up something I have thought about very often. Whenever I go into a Mexican restaurant here in Denver, or watch Spanish
    television Univision or Telemundo, it SEEMS as though most, if not all of these employees are HISPANIC. I see a lack of so called DIVERSITY.

If any white owned business fails to hire minorities then all bloody hell breaks out BUT how do these Hispanic businesses manage to stay all Hispanic without any outcry?

This is an area for ALIPAC and FAIR and SOS to look at. Hire an attorney and sue any Hispanic owned business that is in violation of EOC
    laws? Isn't this what La Raza and these other groups are so good at?
    Beat them at their own game! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

JACKSMITH....and SO RIGHT YOU ARE!!

A lot of people don't realize that Hispanics are Caucasian and do not have minority status based upon race, only a special little thing that Jimmie Carter did in 1974 by giving them "minority" ethnic-status, NOT RACE, based upon "Spanish-Speaking" so they could rob the programs designed to help Black Americans. IT seems to me to have been some type of "Racists Revenge" against Blacks who now had to compete with Caucasians for their own programs. It is disgusting, repugnant, repulsive, and IT'S TIME FOR THAT CRAP TO END.

Remember PJ_Bingo...a PRO-Immigration Supporter trying to call us bigots....he let it slip that he was raised by the KKK in his derogatory post...which he then subsequently thought better of and deleted!!

BUT NOT BEFORE one of our members GOT IT!

There is a HUGE RACE ISSUE with illegal immigration PROPONENTS. In m opinion, they would prefer to flood our nation and even end it than comply with US Equal Employment Opportunities Laws.

Open Borders has made for Strange Bedfellows....pairing bizarre groups....with one common thread....hire Hispanic even Illegal Hispanics to avoid hiring Black and Afro-Americans.

THAT IS AGAINST THE LAW AND EVERYTHING AMERICA STANDS FOR!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

~

Ever noticed that we must show diversity in television commercials? No one else has to but we do?

Reverse discrimination. Where is our ACLU? Where is our NAACP?

I'm no racist but isn't white a color, too?

And I'm NOT white. I'm tan. The weather has been very nice here!

~

CLEANING – Hispanics needed to supervise & clean buildings & homes. 280-8121
    Wouldn't it be funny if it was the INS setting up a sting operation like they do with dead beat dads?

I'd love that!!! It'd be great advertisement for them, too!

We should forward it to them as a possible idea for area round-ups of illegals!!

Just for laughs, someone should run a phony wanted ad in that paper with the line:

"Whites only" , or even "no coloreds allowed"

And see if the paper runs it.

-n
    "It is difficult to overcome the reflexes of national identity. But you will get there."

Bill Clinton, Paris, 8/9/2005

Re: ~

Quote Originally Posted by good12me
    Ever noticed that we must show diversity in television commercials? No one else has to but we do?

Reverse discrimination. Where is our ACLU? Where is our NAACP?

I'm no racist but isn't white a color, too?

Uh.......mention reverse discrimination........and.......both those groups crawl in their snake holes until the coast is clear. Neither one of those wants to go there. One would think discrimination and reverse discrimination would draw the same amount of reaction since both are supposedly against the law. But reverse discrimination is like the immigration laws.......overlooked.....outta sight........outta mind.......see no evil......hear no evil.........report no evil...... It is my belief that it is the government's job to make sure the playing ground is level for all legals not to tilt it in one direction or another but its too bad that's not the case. I believe in equal opportunity not a redistribution of wealth or poverty. Its not the government's job to steal from one group and give it to another. The government should not reward those who do not want to work but give them the freedom to work at nothing if that's what they want to do.

It is also my feeling that it is the ACLU that is giving direction and comfort to illegals in their quest to stay here.
    I wonder how many illegals got their NC driver licenses renewed last week? President Bush needs to protect the borders not illegals. President Bush is a coward and guilty of treason when it comes to securing the borders.

This is not a case of reverse discrimination... it is simple, straightforward discrimination.

This is not a case if equally qualified applicants being passed over in favor of a particular minority. This is a case where all other races besides hispanics are told not to bother applying.

It is BLATANT discrimination, a violation of law, and I am amazed a paper would even run the ad.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast