Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Advice about debating immigration from Victor Davis Hanson

I know many of us already stress the important distinction between immigration and illegal immigration, but the points below from Hanson are worth repeating. To read his entire article (entitled: What Went Wrong? Well, it wasn’t conservatism) click on below link:
    -----

Victor Davis Hanson
    National Review
    November 21, 2008

Automatic Mexican-American support for open borders is simply not a given. Why wouldn’t Hispanic citizens bristle should a freighter beach on the coast of Northern California each day, to unload 1,000 illegal Chinese would-be immigrants? Given historical and present geographical realities, existing levels of legal immigration already privilege Hispanics over all other groups of immigrants. Conservative should emphasize and welcome that mostly neglected fact.

Legal immigration must be distinguished from illegal immigration at every juncture. [b]It is no surprise that La Raza, the Democratic Left, and the cheap-labor, open-borders Right always make charges of “anti-immigrantâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We need to start confronting La Raza and her sister groups on the fact they are engaging in anti-immigrant and racist behavior to make illegal aliens synonymous with immigrants and Hispanics.

Time for us to start saying No! You Can't!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Why wouldn’t Hispanic citizens bristle should a freighter beach on the coast of Northern California each day, to unload 1,000 illegal Chinese would-be immigrants?
    Great, vivid analogy! And I wonder what the actual number has been--or is now?
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

I believe La Raza just held a press conference and "denounced Suffolk County Executive Steve Levy, other political leaders and media outlets for fostering intolerance through "immigrant bashing."

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/suffo ... 4390.story

In other words, they have have little or no solid evidence to support their claims and are trying to squelch the debate and silence those who oppose illegal immigration.

We need to start confronting La Raza and her sister groups on the fact they are engaging in anti-immigrant and racist behavior to make illegal aliens synonymous with immigrants and Hispanics.

Time for us to start saying No! You Can't!
    Exactly, because I know they'd be screaming if they were loosing their jobs with a huge influx of poor illegal immigrants from any other part of the globe. There is a difference between legal and illegal. There's difference in employers who are encouraging more immigration, legal or otherwise, when the bottom line is merely cheap labor. There was an article earlier where they were wanting to open things up more for foreign students and if you were a college, making the choice between in-state, out-of- state and foreign costs for students comming to our schools....our citizens will be last on the list based simply on where they get the most money from, which would oust us out even more from oppertunities for our own citizens. Why have loans and grants an such when more foreign students are waiting for the chance to come here and pay top dollar for the same thing?

They have said we are short laborers.....but when you have a couple generations now where a big portion haven't finished high-school....we have our low skilled job force and still not enough jobs to go around.

Not to mention making it harder for other immigrants who come here by adding the "must speak Spanish" BS to the list in order to compete for jobs when they've learned English for their citizenship. It's hurting new immigrants and citizens as well in order for just one group to have a leg up. I mean you have to have a certain percentage of kids in one class to get ESL. So if you're one Polish kid and 1 Korean kid.....you don't get the same special attention 10 hispanics will in the same class. You sink or swim on your own. How is that making it easy or fair for others in the same boat? They are being denied basic things because they are such a minority, they don't qualify. If that makes sense.

I went to the mall the other day.....they had job openings for a jewlery counter.....must speak English AND Spanish. But when I looked around the mall, we had Muslims, a nail salon with just asians working in it, a lady from India doing eyebrows, other people from the middle-east with booths for pictures, purses etc....most of which just smiled and nodded and pointed to signs because they didn't know English well or Spanish. None of them, including me, could get that job because even if you are bi-lingual and speak English....you still can't because you don't speak Spanish. Yet you can get the job if you speak Spanish and can smile and nod like the rest do. Something seriously wrong with this picture when oppertunity is only for one group.

I've mentioned before about them demanding more hispanic teachers in order to match up with the "demographics" of the area. Obviously there probably aren't enough hispanic people who made it through college yet to match the uncontrolled illegal immigration and high birth rate to meet the growth of that group. So like many areas we have brought in foreign teachers to do it.......most, if not all, young and in child bearing years and some don't speak English either......what happens if they get pregnant while they are here? Some come with a family and this is just supposed to be for short period. Some are young and single with the same short time period. But they are here legally.....how will that work?

La Raza needs to be held responsible for not using the correct terminology in their daily propaganda and obstruction of U.S. immigration laws.

They purposefully mislead people by using the terms, such as "IMMIGRANT BASHING" for reporting the criminal acts and status of "ILLEGAL ALIENS." No one is IMMIGRANT BASHING.

The difference between illegal aliens and immigrants needs to be made loud and clear and NO newspaper in this country should be allowed to print that kind of misleading propaganda. Maybe we should take the newspaper editors to task, ask that they be fired or else make them return to school and learn the meanings of these two terms.
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

Quote Originally Posted by JBParrothead
    The difference between illegal aliens and immigrants needs to be made loud and clear and NO newspaper in this country should be allowed to print that kind of misleading propaganda. Maybe we should take the newspaper editors to task, ask that they be fired or else make them return to school and learn the meanings of these two terms.
    I agree, we need to jump on the newspapers. Sometimes they will say "we follow the Associated Press style guide which says to use illegal immigrant". Of course when they write the story the headline and half of the article leaves out the "illegal" part. So I think we should complain to the Associated Press also, and point out that the term "illegal immigrant" is an oxymoron, since immigrants are by definition legal. Plus as noted above it is too tempting for newspapers to leave out the "illegal" part.

AMERICANS must realize with great clarity that they have ONLY ONE NATION..foreigners have MORE THAN ONE.

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    I believe La Raza just held a press conference and "denounced Suffolk County Executive Steve Levy, other political leaders and media outlets for fostering intolerance through "immigrant bashing."

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/suffo ... 4390.story

In other words, they have have little or no solid evidence to support their claims and are trying to squelch the debate and silence those who oppose illegal immigration.
    You pretty much summed it up in a nutshell. La Raza groups are ALWAYS trying to "squelch the debate" because they have nothing to base their arguments on! They can't do ANYTHING fairly. They lie, cheat, deceive and leave out important points to try and make a point and if those tactics fail they pull the RACE CARD!

Personally I'm tired of arguing with these idiots. There's NOTHING TO DEBATE...THEY'RE ILLEGAL! They only continue to try to justify their open disrespect of U.S. immigration laws to wear us and the system down, stalling for time until they get someone like O'bombanation into the White House to legitimize them. That's all they've been doing and we've wasted too much time being distracted by arguing with idiots instead of sticking to our guns and saying, "The law is the law, stop all services to anyone not able to present a legitimate Social Security Number, arrest every single illegal alien, regardless of age, and get them ALL out of here...NOW!"
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)