Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Should we still use the other thread for the action thread?

I'm on it and have been calling. Remember, as FAIR noted, Sen. Feinstein's changes are meaningless.

PLEASE EVERYONE, CALL, DON'T LET THEM SNEAK THIS HUGE AMNESTY THROUGH!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Should we still use the other thread for the action thread?

I'm on it and have been calling. Remember, as FAIR noted, Sen. Feinstein's changes are meaningless.

PLEASE EVERYONE, CALL, DON'T LET THEM SNEAK THIS HUGE AMNESTY THROUGH!
    I started this thread to bring attention to the urgency of the matter, so it might be good to keep posting on it so it stays at the top. PLEASE EVERYONE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!! CALL FAX AND EMAIL!! MAKE THEM UNDERSTAND THAT NO MEANS NO!!!!

Sounds good April. Everyone, let's call, fax etc. !
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Does anyone have a feel about where we stand???????
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

There they go again- using that "comprehensive"word. You know that its a bad plan when that word comes up.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

April
    Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    There they go again- using that "comprehensive"word. You know that its a bad plan when that word comes up.
    They can use all the BS they want , it is not going to fly!!!! WE ARE AS MAD AS HELL AND WE ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!

It's hard to say redbadger. There's about 30 co-sponsors of AgJOBS, other senators want to keep the immigration AgJOBS debate out of the already contentious Farm Bill, but there are powerful interests pushing AgJOBS and "lobbying furiously" for its passage, and many Senate offices advising "no statement" yet. So we have to keep fighting.

Here's some main points against the AgJOBS amnesty just released by the Center for Immigration Studies:

"For several years stories in the media have reported a farm labor shortage. This study examines this question and finds little evidence to support this conclusion. First, fruit and vegetable production is actually rising. Second, wages for farm workers have not risen dramatically. [If there were a shortage, wages would be rising much more rapidly.] Third, household expenditure on fresh fruits and vegetables has remain relatively constant, averaging about $1 a day for the past decade."

http://www.cis.org/articles/2007/back907.html

OK I am still here and have been faxing since Spectors office pissed me off.

LETS KEEP THE CALLS GOING SO THEY HEAR US LOAD AND CLEAR!!

Chambless said he wants to hurry and get this bill to conference!

CALL CALL CALL CALL CALL AND KEEP CALLING!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    OK I am still here and have been faxing since Spectors office pissed me off.

LETS KEEP THE CALLS GOING SO THEY HEAR US LOAD AND CLEAR!!

Chambless said he wants to hurry and get this bill to conference!

CALL CALL CALL CALL CALL AND KEEP CALLING!!!
    THANKS SOSAD!!! LETS LET THEM HEAR US ROAR!!!

In case anyone missed this:

Ok, here is a preliminary list, based on the limited info we have at this time; on Senators who apparently have not yet taken a public position and/or are not listed as co-sponsors of AgJOBS. So please include them in calls. Correct me if/where applicable and post and add any info you obtain on Senators I missed, omitted or improperly included as this list is not complete. (I haven't seen a NumbersUSA call list yet.) This list is mostly GOP, some Dems (I believe Sens. Chambliss, Dole, Isakson, Sessions oppose AgJOBS amnesty):

-Alexander
    -Allard
    -Barrasso
    -Baucus
    -Bennett
    -Bond
    -Brown
    -Brownback
    -Burr
    -Byrd
    -Cardin
    -Cochran
    -Coleman
    -Collins
    -Conrad
    -Corker
    -Cornyn
    -Crapo
    -Dorgan
    -Ensign
    -Enzi
    -Graham
    -Grassley
    -Gregg
    -Harkin (said he will "resist" AgJOBS being attached to Farm Bill)
    -Hatch
    -Hutchison (office advised she is working on “middle groundâ€

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast