Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Again...the National Anthem

Again they talk about the National Anthem in Spanish. I am Offended. Where it changes the most for me....is they didn't sing my anthem, translated to spanish. THEY RE-WROTE THE WHOLE THING!!!!!! That is totally un-acceptable. Granted...it's a tough song for the best to sing. But you don't re-write it and call it my National Anthem.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

they want to re-write immigration laws, they want to re-write illegal alien as an 'undocumented immigrant' -- I think the fact they re-wrote the anthem could work in OUR favor not theirs ... I'm thinking about calling the radio station and requesting it so people can get fired up and know what's going on
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

I agree Mamie, It's working against them. They seem to be accomplishing one of the most difficult feats in the world. They are actually getting the American middle class stirred-up enough to start taking political action. Sometimes it is good to be underestimated. They are not going to like the results.

Maybe you can take some heart from this, then again maybe not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ON CAPITOL HILL
    House bill: English only
    for Pledge, Nat'l Anthem
    Resolution result of recent recording of 'Star Spangled Banner' in Spanish

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: May 3, 2006
    2:20 p.m. Eastern

© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

Rep. Peter King

A new resolution in the U.S. House of Representatives calls for the recitation and singing of the Pledge of Allegiance, National Anthem and new citizens' oaths in English only.

Cosponsored by Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., and Rep. Jim Ryun, R-Kan., the legislation would be advisory and not enforceable by law. Even so, the congressmen believe it is needed in the wake of a new Spanish version of "The Star Spangled Banner" recently recorded by Latino stars Carlos Ponce, Gloria Trevi and others.

New York Newsday reported the resolution proposes that the House "affirms that statements or songs that symbolize the unity of the Nation ... should be recited or sung in English, the common language of the United States."

I guess that coincides with immigration laws -- they are "not enforceable by law" either
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Pete King is one of the good guys. George & Laura might be a little let down that they have to use English. But I guess you can't please everyone.

they are "not enforceable by law"
    Yeah, more of that timid attitude. We can't be strong....just suggest being strong.

English only

With the disrespect for our National Anthem, these billboards, and Spanish everywhere, don't you think it is more than time we demand English be officialized as the language of the USA?

Re: English only

Quote Originally Posted by Marie
    With the disrespect for our National Anthem, these billboards, and Spanish everywhere, don't you think it is more than time we demand English be officialized as the language of the USA?
    Hi Marie, welcome.

Yes I definitely think the US should be English only.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: English only

Quote Originally Posted by Marie
    welcome aboard Marie,

the State of Alabama passed an amendment making English the official language, but it was overturned by the federal courts.

After that, President Bill Clinton issued executive order 13166 on August 11, 2000, entitled Improving Access to Services for Persons with Limited English Proficiency, requires federal agencies to provide "programs and activities normally provided in English" to non-English-speaking residents -- the inability to speak English is a protected civil right.

if OUR government hadn't made things so comfortable and easy for them, they wouldn't be staying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast