Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Alert! CLEAR Act would encourage local law enforcement, deny

HR 3494, introduced by Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN), would implement a system for identifying and removing violent criminal illegal immigrants and would deny certain federal funds to "sanctuary cities" that protect violent criminal aliens.

The Charlie Norwood CLEAR Act of 2007 (named after the late Congressman from Georgia) would provide additional training and funding to local police to help enforce current immigration law.

Allowing the thousands of local law enforcement officers to apprehend criminal aliens they encounter during the performance of their jobs will greatly enhance our security. We cannot allow our country's vast interior to become a free zone for aliens who slip past our borders. This legislation would:

* Require DHS to take an alien into custody within 48 hours
    * Affirm that state and local law enforcement officials have existing authority to assist in enforcing immigration law during the course of their routine duties.
    * Deny State Criminal Alien Assistance Program funding to "sanctuary cities" that refuse to assist with immigration enforcement.

http://capwiz.com/caps/issues/alert/?alertid=10294016

This came via email alert from CAPS (Californians for Population Stabilization) but I'm sure capwiz must have it for all states.

identifying and removing violent criminal illegal immigrants and would deny certain federal funds to "sanctuary cities" that protect violent criminal aliens.

That would include all states. I don't think there is one that does not have criminal illegal's. I just don't want that bill bundled in with a reform bill.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

HR 3494, introduced by Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN), would implement a system for

1.identifying and removing violent criminal illegal immigrants and

2. would deny certain federal funds to "sanctuary cities" that protect violent criminal aliens.
    Re: 1. Sorry, but I am not willing to settle for the ole' "something is better than nothing" government/OBL propaganda. We should be identifying and removing ALL illegal aliens..period!

Re: 2. See re: 1.

Let's get this straight

Yes to the Clear Act
    NO to the Dream Act
    NO to the Strive Act
    am I missing any?
    We the People. You the Invader

IF that passes my who area will be without Federal funds. That's Pelosi's, Boxer, Feinstein, and Mike Thompson's district and others.

All of them are betraying the American Citizen.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Let's get this straight

Quote Originally Posted by houston
    Yes to the Clear Act
    NO to the Dream Act
    NO to the Strive Act
    am I missing any?
    AG'S jobs bill, there is plenty of amnesty in there!!

---------------------- RED ALERT " NOW" ------------------------
    HELP STOP "BUSH'S VETO" "STOP" MEXICO'S TRUCKS!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... 552#472552
    ORANGE ALERTS:
    STOP... REAL ID (NOW) ISSUED IN NC, CT @ OK ( they don't need to track citizens)
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&p=470075
    Support.. HR1940 STOP BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=81156
    STOP..HR1999 15million$$$$ funding to LaRaza
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=80374
    PLEASE MAKE A CONTRIBUTION TO ALICPAC "WE MUST STAY IN THE FIGHT"
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... page&pid=9
    Contact Info...Senators, Representatives & USEFUL INFORMATION
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... 761#384761
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for posting this. I'll ask my Rep to co-sponsor this.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Does this bill have sponsors? If not we'll try to get some.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

The thing that worries me on anything that says it will help round up criminal aliens is that it is at the same time... how do I say it...justify or reinforce the over looking of the bulk of the illegal invaders.

We already have laws that are not being enforced that give every police officer in this once great nation the duty to arrest EVERY ILLEGAL ALIEN.

They took an oath of office to do exactly that. If they do not they should be held accountable!!!!!!

Don't people even on these message boards even get it. To Back CLEAR act you will make it clear that they do not have to uphold their oaths of office. They will be able to do as they damn well please until they suck us into passing another law which they will not implement except when something is cutting into the criminals in businesses profits in some way.

It is already against the law to enter this country illegally!!!!!

It is already against the law to aid and abet an illegal alien!!!!!

We aready have nearly around a million police offficers that have taken oaths of office to enforce those laws!!!!!

TITLE 8 > CHAPTER 12 > SUBCHAPTER II > Part VIII > § 1324

Snip...

(c) Authority to arrest
    No officer or person shall have authority to make any arrests for a violation of any provision of this section except officers and employees of the Service designated by the Attorney General, either individually or as a member of a class, and all other officers whose duty it is to enforce criminal laws.

and all other officers whose duty it is to enforce criminal laws.

Back the darn thing if you want to. It will help the Federal Reserve with their world domination. Maybe someday they will even buy us off instead of bend us over and make us squeal like a pig.

Maybe it is the best thing to do. I don't know how I would vote for sure but I think you can see where I'm coming from.

tinybobidaho,
    Here is a list of co-sponsors (94):

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-3494

(click on "show cosponsors")

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast