Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Alert: Draft Buchanan Site a Scam

Got this in an email. Looks like another jerk trying to take advantage for personal and financial gain. How low will these globalists go?

Dear Brigade,

Bottom line: Do not support or encourage anyone to visit the Draft Buchanan 2008 website. Do not fill out any of the forms on their website. It is not a pro- Buchanan effort. Pat will not run for president. He does not want the site online.

Repeatedly I have asked them to take the site down and gave them all the reasons listed below. They refuse. They continue to collect donations, sell misleading products, and collect a database of Buchanan supporters through online forms. If you donated, ask for your money back. Save it for a candidate who is actually running for office.

That website needs to go down immediately before any more Americans are deceived. Please help alert all patriots across the USA by forwarding and posting this email everywhere - across the planet.

FTC-Linda

PS -- If you need all the gory details on this problem see below.

-------

Dear Brigade,

After numerous messages and phone calls I am forced to write this email which I hope you will forward across the planet and post on every website in the USA.

Paul Streitz is the front person for a website called, Draft Buchanan 2008. The site is actually owned by Mark Montini, a political and marketing consultant.

Mr. Streitz contacted me about his plan to set up a Draft Buchanan committee. He asked me if Pat would run. He told me he would take in donations and sell bumper stickers. He also planned to attend political events to promote his committee.

I said it was not a good idea. I told him that Pat will not run for president. I made sure he knew that I did not want Pat's supporters to be tricked into donating for something that will never happen.

He decided to go ahead with his organization anyway.

I followed up with several emails asking him to remove the website. I told him Pat did not approve of the website. He finally complied and took it down... for a few days.

Today it is back online.

Again I asked him to remove the site. I gave him the opportunity to gracefully bow out. I told him that unless he removed the site I will be forced to make a public statement against him and his organization. He refused. [See the emails below]

Here are my main concerns about this Draft Buchanan organization:

1. Mr. Streitz is asking for donations. Asking Pat's loyal supporters to "donate" to some scheme he knows will not happen, is misleading at best and a low-down swindle at worst.

2. He is selling merchandise that promotes something he knows never happen. This is false advertising and he is deceiving not only those who purchase the products, but all who see the bumper stickers on cars, etc.

3. Mr. Streitz was told repeatedly that Pat does not want the Draft Buchanan website online. It is clear that he will not honor Pat's request. This is not an example of someone who is putting the wishes of Pat first. I have to wonder if he really supports Pat, or is it self-interest, to promote his organization.

4. He states that the Draft Buchanan campaign is not harmful to Pat. It is detrimental because Pat will be obligated to answer questions about it. He will have to spend time explaining that he is not running, and why he's not running... they hound him with endless questions. When Pat goes on the radio or to events he wants to talk about real issues - not waste time on nonsense.

5. Mr. Streitz is diverting activists and their funds away from legitimate presidential candidates. This is the worst thing anyone in our movement could do. It is imperative that all of us financially support and volunteer to help viable candidates. Patriot funds and manpower are limited. Encouraging them to throw their money away is near criminal.

So, these are the key reasons why I am asking all of you to disregard the Draft Buchanan organization and tell others to ignore it as well. If you donated to Mr. Streitz, you can ask him for your money back. Contact him and get it back. Save it for a candidate who is actually running for office.

Despite repeated efforts to explain why he had to remove the website and my warnings that I did not want to publicly denounce him -- he, for whatever reasons ignored the requests. I don't think he is a bad fellow. I really don't know him. But, I am fairly sure he underestimated that you don't mess with Pat or his Brigades. That website needs to go down immediately before any more Americans are deceived.

There is no one who wanted Pat Buchanan to be our president more than his loyal Brigades. We stood with him through all the campaign battles. Some of my best memories are from those exciting days when we rode to the sound of the guns!

Now, Pat has fulfilled his patriotic duty. Let us all be thankful that he is still our standard bearer. After three presidential campaigns, let him write his columns, his books... let him be what he truly is -- a great American Statesman.

Please help alert all patriots across the USA by forwarding and posting this email everywhere.

As always, For the Cause,
    Linda

PS - The bogus website is located at: www.draftbuchanan2008.com DO NOT use the website form to contact Mr. Streitz as it can be used as a tool for collecting a database of Pat Buchanan supporters. Databases are often sold to the highest bidder.

Here are his email addresses:
    info@draftbuchanan2008.com
    buchanan2008@optonline.net
    ctcic@optonline.net

His emails to me are below. It's clear he wants to use Pat Buchanan to further his own cause. We Brigades cannot let that happen.

------

Date sent: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 20:39:14 -0400
    Subject: Re: Draft Buchanan...
    To: Linda Muller <lindamuller@buchanan.org>

I have stated clearly that this is a draft campaign, to convince someone to run for office. That is the definition of a campaign. They can decide themselves whether or not they want to participate and many have decided to participate.

So we will go forward. I think you are well intentioned but shooting yourself in the foot on this.

Paul Streitz
    DraftBuchanan2008
    www.draftbuchanan2008.com

-----

To: Draft Buchanan 2008
    Cc: CTCIC
    Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 8:17 PM

Paul, I don't like making "internal disagreements" public. That's why I gave you an opportunity to comply with the request.

But I will not permit Pat's supporters to be fooled, tricked, snookered, defrauded, or given false hope.

-------

Date sent: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 20:09:14 -0400
    To: Linda Muller <lindamuller@buchanan.org>
    Copies to: CTCIC <ctcic@optonline.net>

Linda, Thanks for your note of concern.

1. After careful discussion with several others in the immigration movement, the opinion was that it was better to continue a draft Pat Buchanan campaign.

2. A draft campaign allows us to attack the front runners such as McCain, Giuliani and Gingrich. Without an organization, we are simply a bunch of people complaining. These consistent objections to these candidates will help pave the way for any person we might later support.

3. Further, such a campaign does no damage to Pat Buchanan. It keeps his name and his issues in the limelight. He becomes a "possible contender" and strengthens both the issues he supports and himself, in the event he might change his mind.

4. In the event that he decides not to run, or the time for filing in New Hampshire runs out, the organization and enthusiasm gained in this effort can be transfered to someone else.

5. I don't think it good policy to make internal disagreements public. It only weakens us a movement. Different people can have different ideas as to what should be done, and only by the effort of many different approaches can we have success. As an example, the Minuteman watch on the border was opposed by many, but ended up as the turning point or starting point of our efforts.

For these reasons, we have decided to continue with the campaign.

I appreciate your concern for Mr. Buchanan's health and stated wishes. Nevertheless, we think it best for the cause to continue our efforts.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Paul Streitz
    DraftBuchanan2008
    www.draftbuchanan2008.com

-----

To: info@draftbuchanan2008.com
    Cc: ctcic@optonline.net
    Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 3:44 PM
    Subject: Draft Buchanan...

Paul, I see you put the Draft Buchanan website back online. Are you really refusing to honor Pat's request to take the site down?

I do not want to do it, but if I have to.... I will write a very strongly worded email denouncing you and your website. It will be posted on websites across the planet.

For weeks I told you not to set up the Draft Buchanan site. I said it was not a good idea since Pat is not running and to encourage supporters to send in donations is misleading at best and at worst a fraud on patriotic Americans.

Paul, I have a lot of work to do and really don't want to spend time on a message to the troops about your bogus website.

Take it down immediately. I will check it later today. If it is not down I'll begin writing my alert to the troops.

-------

To: info@draftbuchanan2008.com
    Subject: Paul...
    Date sent: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 21:35:42 -0400

Paul, I spoke with Pat again. He wants the website taken down.

Under no circumstances will he run for president in 2008.

By putting up a Draft Buchanan site you are giving false hope to patriotic Americans. In addition, there is a limited amount of dollars to spread throughout the many serious efforts we are all involved in.

By encouraging people to donate or purchase campaign paraphernalia, for something that will never happen, is misleading at best.

I am asking you to remove the Draft Buchanan website by this weekend. You have an opportunity to gracefully bow out from the draft campaign. Feel free to use all or part of this email as a reason... or write your own.

Either way, it is imperative that the site is removed before more people are falsely given the impression that Pat Buchanan might run in 2008.

Thanks in advance,
    Linda

---- end -----
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Somehow this got posted twice. I think this site is having issues. Anyway mods feel free to delete the dupe.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I received this from that site yesterday.
    I've done nothing with it. Didn't believe Buchanan would run.

Draft Buchanan 2008
    Campaign Update

We are continuing the Draft Buchanan 2008 Campaign after much discussion within the immigration control community.

The objective of a draft campaign is to draft someone who has a reluctance to run for office. Barry Goldwater and Dwight Eisenhower were recruited to run by draft campaigns, and we hope we can be successful with Mr. Buchanan. A draft campaign allows us to raise funds, establish an organization and influence the media on behalf of Mr. Buchanan.

In addition, a draft campaign gives us in the immigration movement an opportunity to challenge other candidates for the Republican nomination and expose their immigration records. In doing so, we can focus the debate and make these candidates come to grip with the catastrophic effects of mass immigration into the United States.

Our next efforts are:

October 12th--Fund Raiser by local Republicans in Concord, New Hampshire. Rudy Giuliani will speak. We will point out that Rudy was a sanctuary city mayor.

December 15th--Dinner of local Republicans in Manchester, New Hampshire with Newt Gingrich speaking. We will point out that Newt was an architect of NAFTA and supports the "path to citizenship" that is amnesty.

Sorry for the interruption of the campaign, now back to work.

Paul Streitz

Paid for by Draft Buchanan 2008

Send email to unsubscribe@draftbuchanan2008.com to be removed from email list.
    "When injustice become law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

Wow thanks for the heads up. I joined that organization.

MW
    Email I received:

Draft Buchanan 2008
    Campaign Update

I received a call, with a message on my machine from Pat Buchanan, saying he wanted our Draft Buchanan 2008 website taken down. "I don't want my folks to get their hopes up.... or contribute to a cause that is not to be..."

I can't tell you how disappointed I am in with this. Clearly Buchanan sees, the best of any of us, the effects of this mass immigration and the perilous state our country is in. Many of us believed he was the man most capable of taking action to prevent the destruction of our country. However, clearly he is not the person that will lead us.

As we stated, we would take the website down, if Pat Buchanan requested it, and he has done that.

I will be returning the money to those that contributed because not a lot was spent except for promotional materials and running this website.

Thank you all for your efforts, support and contributions.

Sincerely,
    Paul Streitz & David Kelly

Paid for by Draft Buchanan 2008
    It doesn't sound like a scam to me. It would appear Mr. Streitz & Kelly were sincere in their efforts at attempting to convince Pat Buchanan to run in 2008. Is it possible someone jumped the gun in leveling unfounded accusations? I applaud their efforts in attempting to get Pat to run, but looks like the effort didn't provide fruit.

Anyone have any ideas of why Pat Buchanan has absolutely no interest in pursuing the highest political office in the land? Assuming the illegal immigration issue is still alive and kicking in 2008, I think Mr. Buchanan had a better than even chance of being elected.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn