Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ALERT: E-verify bill may be used to pass DREAM amnesty.

Senate leader sees opportunity for DREAM Act
    By SUZANNE GAMBOA
    Associated Press

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/05/11/28 ... z1M5FvD9J2

The Senate's top Democrat says a House bill cracking down on employers who hire illegal immigrants could be an opportunity to also pass the DREAM Act. The act would give young illegal immigrants who go to college or serve in the military a chance at legal status.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada said Wednesday if the House passes legislation requiring employers to use E-Verify, the Senate could attach the DREAM Act to that bill when it gets to the Senate.
    Republicans want to require more employers to use E-Verify to make sure they hire people allowed to work in the U.S.

Reid says he would need to see the details of a House E-Verify bill, but Democrats "are not drawing any lines in the sand."

Posted on Wed, May. 11, 2011 11:34 AM

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/05/11/28 ... z1M5FijRL9

I would trade The Dream Act for E-Verify. This enforcement measure is a far greater asset, than the Dream Act a liability. I don't see E-Verify being passed singularly, for it's aggressively opposed by our arch enemy, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.

Quote Originally Posted by magyart
    I would trade The Dream Act for E-Verify. This enforcement measure is a far greater asset, than the Dream Act a liability. I don't see E-Verify being passed singularly, for it's aggressively opposed by our arch enemy, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
    I would not support such a compromise. I can never support giving illegal aliens amnesty, not under any circumstance.

I have a difficult time making such a compromise for a number of reasons. The main reason being the fact that the so called DREAM ACT is nothing more than a mass amnesty, being propelled on the backs of so called "college student".

Those same children will then be able to sponsor their parents (yes, the very parents who brought them here illegally to begin with) through chain migration, as well as other family members.

If the DREAM ACT were truly about "college kids" then why should the illegal invading parents also benefit through sponsorship? If they were being
    straightforward in their intentions, there would be a non-chain migration clause attached to this bill.

In other words, only the college DREAMER themselves could benefit from this legislation and not the illegal invading parents who brought them here in the first place. No chain migration and no relatives could be sponsored!

Good luck seeing that happen because it would defeat the purpose of the bill, which is to provide mass amnesty to millions of law breakers, under the guise of helping college students! It's simply another shame being perpetrated upon the American people!

At the end of the day, the DREAM ACT is no different that any other type of mass amnesty, other than it has a catchy, feel good name to it!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

NO WAY, NOT NOW, NOT EVER!
    Any and all comments & Opinions and postings by me are considered of my own opinion, and not of any ORG that I belong to! PERIOD!

Question:

How many votes would the DREAM amnesty need to pass as an amendement in the Senate? 50 or 60?

If it needs 60, and if it doesn't get the 60 needed to pass as an amendement to an E-verify bill, would Democrats vote to oppose the E-verify bill with out the DREAM amendement? Are Democrats that supid to vote against a verification bill with the high unemployment rate?
    Republicans would rip them a new one if the vote against it.

If the Dreamers were given legalization the parents would get a back door amnesty because we would hear that separation of families sob story.

We will not trade anything for Dream Act Amnesty which this organization has helped defeat six times!

Once illegal aliens are made legal and given full voting rights, you can then write off any hopes of future border or immigration enforcement in America.

They will be in control.

You will be out of any position to say what happens in America ever again.

The new voting block of 12+ million illegal aliens, their soon to be American voter relatives, and a big segment of the 50 million Latino's in America will be able to dominate American politics in short order forevermore barring violent revolution.

And God forbid it ever comes to that because the results would likely mean millions dead.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned

Re: reply

Quote Originally Posted by dregerk
    I second that!!

Re: reply

Quote Originally Posted by OneNationUnderGod
    Quote Originally Posted by dregerk
    I second that!!
    I third that!! err should i have said me three?
    "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast