Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Alert! HR 3531 would deny funds to sanctuary cities!

Alert! HR 3531 would deny funds to sanctuary cities!

At long last, the federal government is demonstrating some tepid increase in attempts to provide interior enforcement of our immigration laws. Yet, even these mild efforts are hamstrung by local cities that declare themselves sanctuaries from immigration enforcement.

The Accountability in Enforcing Immigration Laws Act of 2007 (Rep. Ginny Brown-Waite, R-FL) would tackle the troubling trend of local governments to require their police officers to ignore the immigration status of suspects they encounter while performing their jobs.

HR 3531 would:

Affirm and clarify that state and local law enforcement officials have the authority to apprehend and arrest illegal aliens encountered in the course of their routine duties.
    Provide additional federal funding to cooperating law enforcement agencies for the costs of apprehension and detention.
    Revoke 25 percent of non-emergency federal Homeland Security funding for sanctuary cities that refuse to change their policies.
    ACTION NEEDED

Ask your Representative to support and co-sponsor this measure. Send a fax or an e-mail by entering your ZIP Code and clicking "Go!" below.
    http://capwiz.com/caps/issues/alert/?al ... 06&type=CO
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mine are currently being sued for sanctuary policies. I'd be happy to contact somebody elses though.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

I got my email alert from CAPS a little while ago and have started phoning and faxing.

I just got the email; I'm on it!

Done! I sent my letter in through CAPS and added the following to the letter:

With recent news that Illegal Aliens may have been responsible for the devastating fires that have hit this state, it is imperative that we send Mexico a stern message that we shall no longer take the abuses their citizens are inflicting upon us! Providing sanctuary to ILLEGAL people with uninvestigated criminal behavior is not acceptable. I urge you to support this measure.

I am also forwarding this information to my private e-mail listings.
    Remember that*all Politicians work for us, the U.S. Taxpaying Citizens.* If they are not doing their jobs to your liking, FIRE THEM in the next elections.

Banned
    Revoke 25 percent of non-emergency federal Homeland Security funding for sanctuary cities that refuse to change their policies.

???

It needs to be all !!!

Dupl. Article
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-88279.html

Status of the bill:

9/14/2007:
    Referred to House Homeland Security
    9/18/2007:
    Referred to the Subcommittee on Transportation Security and Infrastructure Protection.

Copy of the bill:
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-510958.html#510958
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wonder why Numbers has not announced this. Did a similar bill go down last week or maybe that was an amnedment put on another bill, does anyone remember?
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Got it e mail. I am hot on the one.

Proud to be an AMERICAN

Doing it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast