Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ALIPAC forum Avatar changes

Friends,

Avatars give our forum a better appearance, but we are removing the offsite avatar link feature. Please upgrade your avatar by uploading to the site.

This will help us avoid eating up the bandwidth of other sites and avoid some security problems.

Please take the time to adjust your accounts and let us know if you have any problems with this change.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

tms

Help, How do you link from in here with your own avatar or do you have to only use the ones on here?
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

I have no idea what you mean either, William! Enlighten us computer illiterates! I downloaded mine to my computer and then from my computer to the site. Is that okay?
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I think he means that you will have to upload your own image instead of linking to another site. It looks like the obth of you have done that already..
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Bootsie,

Your avatar is just fine. I will have to reset mine by downloading a pic on my computer and then uploading it to the site via the "your account" section on the top tool bar.

Offsite avatars are when people just put a link to an image file on another website.

Hope that helps.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

tms

I think I got it now. DUH. He means the feature to link for offsite Avatars is gone. So you can only use from your computer or link from within this website.

I got it!! Thanks, y'all! I noticed a couple of people had an "X" where their picture was and couldn't figure that out but now I understand. I would HATE to have to try to figure that out again! I am stuck with the same AVATAR forEVER.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

tms

Bottsie, that is a cute pic, reminds me of the two dogs I had when I was kid!

Thanks. It is the spittin' image of my very best friend, Molly. She is the four-legged Queen of this castle!