Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ALIPAC Surges Into Top 100,000 Websites

not sure anyone else here tracks this but I follow website traffic rankings quite regularly. When I first joined ALIPAC it was below the 1 million mark. Now ALIPAC.us is #88,284

Congrats Guys!

www.alexa.com

fark.com

Interesting, bizarre and amusing news stories, along with regular photo manipulation contests.

Avg. Review for fark.com: 3.5 of 5 stars
    Traffic Rank for fark.com: 746

This is another good site to keep up on political news. They have some interesting discussion on immigration because you get many different points of view there.

I think mostly people go there for the irreverent humor though.

The Fark headline is in the center. Link to article on the left. Comments on the right.

Take note of the, "Politics" tab on the main page.

http://www.fark.com/

P.S. ALI-PAK forums were the number one search on Google for, "Illegal Immigration forums", when I found it.

Thanks for the boost, but you can't count on Alexa's rankings. Very few people use the Alexa tool bar which is used to track their rankings so the results are not very accurate.

Our web traffic is very high, but the averages you are seeing on ALexa now could be caused just because one or two of our regular users or visitors has the tool bar installed.

We once relied on Alexa a year ago but have since discontinued our monitoring since it was not very accurate.

We do know that we are in the top four slots as leaders in web traffic for the entire immigration enforcement movement.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That is a beautiful thing William, more exposure is great.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

well of course their not perfect but most analyst admit that the get the top 5 US sites dead on. The dispute over Yahoo or Google and who is #1 is the biggest.

While it is not perfect they are close. Numbers USA is #1 for the Anti-Illegal Immigration and ALIPAC is #2 based on the Alexa ranking.

Whatever the case it means ALIPAC is popular and doing the right thing.

On a side note ALIPAC has a PR of 5. Page Rank, like the Alexa ranking, comes from stats collected by one website.
    PageRank relies on the uniquely democratic nature of the web by using its vast link structure as an indicator of an individual page's value. In essence, Google interprets a link from page A to page B as a vote, by page A, for page B. But, Google looks at more than the sheer volume of votes, or links a page receives; it also analyzes the page that casts the vote. Votes cast by pages that are themselves "important" weigh more heavily and help to make other pages "important."

Important, high-quality sites receive a higher PageRank, which Google remembers each time it conducts a search. Of course, important pages mean nothing to you if they don't match your query. So, Google combines PageRank with sophisticated text-matching techniques to find pages that are both important and relevant to your search. Google goes far beyond the number of times a term appears on a page and examines all aspects of the page's content (and the content of the pages linking to it) to determine if it's a good match for your query.

The number one thing is that we fluctuate #5 to #7 on Google Searches for "illegal immigration"

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=I ... mmigration

That took a lot of work.

Our link exchange programs have helped to raise hundreds of websites in the movement way up from where they were when we started.

Also, some allied organizations have revamped their sites and the Internet presence in a friendly spirit of competition since we started.

Can't have these new bloods at ALIPAC blasting past orgs that have been up for many more years right?

I'm glad that our energy and know how has taken us to these levels while raising the visibility of others as well.

We are in the top 4 in the movement along with NumbersUSA, AmericanPatrol, FAIR, and Center for Immigration Studies.

The big difference is that each of those orgs had many years of a head start on us.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

One of the reasons that I bring up the website Fark is that I would like to see more Patriots or Minuteman, if you will, posting in the comments.

Fark reaches a huge worldwide audience. Many of the people that frequent Fark are the media. Basically the website is a place that you can post things that you find weird or interesting in the news . Those in the Media in turn have found they can find things there they can share on their news programs. I have seen Fark articles turn up on the news many times over the years. Of course it does originate on or in the news somewhere.

It is like the news goes around the world and then some.

P.S. There are several Illegal Immigration article's on the Politics tab at the moment.

http://www.fark.com/politics/

StokeyBob,

Can you try posting a few articles from the ALIPAC homepage that link traffic into the article on our site?

We have not talked about it for awhile, but several of our online activist work each day to direct traffic into the homepage articles.

By reading about the illegal immigration crisis news here at ALIPAC, the reader is exposed to an environment where they can take action.

W

W,

I'll watch for the opportunity.

It is easy to post things on TotalFark but it is nearly imposable to get articles green lit for the main page. TotalFark is the pool of all the submissions that are posted for scrutiny for the main Fark pages. First you need an interesting article. Then you need to write a good or funny headline for it. Then you need a miracle for it to be selected for it to be placed on the main Fark page.

I can also watch for a chance to work it into the comments section.