Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Alipacer's we had them beat and they folded !

Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi think this Is a big game They game the American Citizens,they game the Illegal aliens,and they play games In Congress to further a far left -wing liberal agenda that the American people DO NOT WANT.... They do not care about their own citizens,they only care about absolute control and power over the populace. They are truly disgusting people that will say or do ANYTHING to appease their real political base. They only march to the orders of Latinos,and to hell with everyone else. They are making a HUGE mis-calculation by alienating MIDDLE CLASS INDEPENDENTS who are at the very core of the TEA- PARTY movement... The democratic party will become irrelevant In a few years,you can take It to the bank....

gReid and Piglosi aren't even leaving in Jan. you think they'd lay low for awihle!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I wish I could say all of my family and friends are outraged at the passage in the House, and worried about what may happen in the Senate, but sadly, they didn't even notice.

My family (except for my husband who I keep VERY well informed :P) and friends will not even notice, or lose one minutes sleep if a full blown amnesty should pass some day. Oh they might say something like 'Yeah, isn't that too bad. Please pass the butter.'

I think the sheeple in this country are totally unpatriotic, selfish, and pitiful!
    Ron Paul in 2011 "[...]no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a 'green card' with an asterisk should be issued[...]a much better option than deportation."

Not yet GoodOldays, throughout history it was only a handful of Patriots that stood up against overwhelming opposition! "That's you girlfriend!" Don't worry sleepy America is waking up, pretty grouchy it looks like!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    Not yet GoodOldays, throughout history it was only a handful of Patriots that stood up against overwhelming opposition! "That's you girlfriend!" Don't worry sleepy America is waking up, pretty grouchy it looks like!

GoodOleDays ignorance is bliss. It is when you wake up, look around and get hit in the face with reality that it becomes a nightmare. Let's just hope it is not too late when the rest of the U.S. wakes up.

Banned
    DREAM Act Not Quite Dead Yet; Hits Senate Snag
    The DREAM Act which was passed late Wednesday evening by the House in the waning days of Democrat control there moved to the Senate Thursday where it immediately got bogged down.

Democrats had hoped to get an outright vote Thursday on the legislation that would provide a path to citizenship for some illegal immigrants who were brought to the U.S. as children.

But they didn't have the votes to get past a threatened Republican filibuster which would have required 60 votes. So by a 59-40 vote, Democrats essentially punted until next week.

While it will be an uphill battle to get that vote since Republicans are maintaining party discipline, Democrats may get something of a moral victory out of all this.

They will be able to point to their votes on the legislation as they further burnish their attractiveness to Hispanic voters, an important and growing segment of the party's base.

Hispanic voters have tilted heavily Democratic in recent elections, reversing inroads made by former President Bush. The mostly partisan vote on the DREAM act will likely only deepen that trend.

The controversial legislation would allow young illegal immigrants brought into the U.S. as children under age 16 to apply for legal status, allowing those with military service or two years of higher education to get on the path to citizenship.

Opponents of the legislation decry it as an amnesty and warn that U.S. taxpayers will eventually wind up subsidizing the college educations and medical care of illegal immigrants.

Critics also say it will increase the competition unemployed citizens face at a time of economic uncertainty.

While many Senate Republicans are opposing the legislation on the merits, they have put Democrats on notice that they would filibuster all legislation until the Senate passes bills to extend the Bush-era tax cuts and fund the government's operations.

Again, Reid is expected to face difficulty finding the votes. But even a failed DREAM Act vote can be a political winner for Democrats.
    Reid knows the power of Hispanic voters intimately. Some experts believe he owes his recent re-election to Hispanic voters fired up by comments by and campaign ads for his opponent Sharron Angle that seemed to play on the fears of non-Hispanics about illegal immigrations and minorities generally.
    http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics ... e-dead-yet

April
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.â€