Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I Racist?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Someone wrote the chief editor of our VERY pro-immigrant local paper about him not sticking of for Americans. Here is his response...

I'm not a very bad racist at all
    (http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/news ... S1.article)

June 23, 2007

A letter arrived this week which called me a racist.

This sort of thing generally hits me hard.

"....your editor Mr. Rutter (is) obviously racist and discriminatory in ... reporting and opinions about the American people and our traditional American culture."

So I asked Casey.

Casey is my little dog.

Casey, I asked, am I a racist?

Casey said "wuf" and licked my face, but I wasn't about to let myself off the hook quite so easily, because Casey is generally lovable and hospitable to my desire for attention.

You can't trust a little dog to tell you the truth. He may be thinking that I'd cut him off from the damnably expensive dog food he loves or maybe the chew toys will be impounded until he becomes less accusatory in the tone of his wufs.

So, I inquired of She Who Walks in Loveliness.

Am I a racist? I asked her. Somebody thinks I am, I said, though I don't know this person. Normally you really despise a person you call a racist because of something awful they've done or said to you.

She cooed softly, kissed my forehead as she is wont to do and told me to go outside and play while she finished cooking dinner. No help there.

So, that left me to figure it out on my own.

This is what I know for sure.

You can't take a racist's denial about this topic at face value because they almost never see what they do, or say, or think as racism because racism is bad, and they obviously are not bad people. Ask anybody in the state prison if they are a bad person and they will tell you they are a good person who got caught in a bad circumstance.

Ask anyone wearing a white sheet and rallying around a burning cross if they are a racist, and they will quite plaintively reply that they are innocent of any such charge. Everybody else in the world might well be a racist; THEY certainly are not. They are, in fact, spiritually superior patriots.

As for others we presume to be bad people, they scoff. There are no bad people in this world, only unavoidably dooming personal circumstances that make good people make bad decisions.

So, though I look reflectively at my life, I may not believe I am a racist though I may well be.

Everyone can seem to be a fine specimen of humanity if their motives are judged by public performance. But who are they when no one is watching?

So, I asked myself about that, because a grown-up man should at least know the meaning of himself and be able to take measure of it honestly.

And here is who I am.

I sort of like people, even ones who are crinkly and crusty. The ones who are odd and occasionally dyspeptic and even miserable. I sort of like people who aren't like me because they make me think a little harder about who I am.

Of my friends, even the ones who are white and exhibit the best of "our culture" (whatever that is), I hardly even remember what race they are when they are out of my sight. I am so inattentive that I hardly am aware of their race when they are standing by my side.

So, I have come to this decision. If I am a racist, I must not be a very good one.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Am I Racist?

Quote Originally Posted by dragons5
    My heart is broken. A friend of mine has just called me racist for my 'tough love' policy towards Mexico.
    First, let's get this out of the way: You are not a racist.

Secondly, after reading this thead it seems to me you have some good freinds right here on the board. Hope you will count me as one as well.

Your friend simply has no argument. HINT: When the only arrow left in their quiver is the Race Card, then they have lost a battle they could never win in the first place.

I am sorry you are upset but that is state of the Other Side right now. They are tyring desperately to defend the indefensible. They are bankrupt of any resonable solutions or ideas. They are frustrated to the point of exasperation.

The nice thing about having facts on your side is that you don't ever have to descend to the level of personal attacks. Perhaps your friend needs some time to grow...and all you need to do is to continue staying true to yourself. To put it simply, "Ya did good!"

PS: As to the beer issue. Just for the record ... when we win this battle next week I plan on having a couple of ice cold bottles of Bud. UH OH, guesss that makes me a "nativist?"

Where I come from, being called a racist is fighting words.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    dragons5,

I've learned over the years that when someone, such as friends, doesn't know what the illegal alien criminals are doing to America and Americans, and they attack you for what you stand up for, then THEY are the real racists. Those "so called" friends now judge you without knowing THE HARD FACTS about these criminal invaders. That seems like a racist to me. They are in need of being educated about this invasion, which, by the way, will affect everyones children and grandchildren if we don't do something about it.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

pardon me, but as a friend I must protest. She is anti illegal immigration, but just decided that all of my dislikes towards Mexico were based on color (a false hood). She is very important to me as a friend as she was one of my first when I moved to this town. The other two are hispanic... one from Peru the other born here but of Mexican decent (third generation i think). This argument was over some new beer... not over race so I do think she jumped the gun, she knows me fairly well... i just guess I never saw this coming from her.

I don't want to lose her as a friend, is there anything I can do? ladies this is a good time to chime in.

just so you know she won't talk to me on the phone. I called her and she hung up on me calling me racist. It hurts.... but I need to try and get her to see that she's wrong.

I would simply tell her you didn't want to support the corrupt govt. of Mexico or the corruption of business much like I always avoid buying things made in China, if I have a choice. That buying those products makes you feel you are contributing to the causes of illegal immigration. It's not racist, it's a boycott. If she doesn't buy logic, then maybe you will have to just tell her how sorry you are about her feelings and you KNOW you are NOT a racist and that's all that matters. Beyond all that, I don't know what else to say. Ask her just what it is she would have you do?????

I just had one of my hispanic friends call and tell her that I am not racist... she told them she didn't believe them and then hung up.

She then called to call me an extremist and a racist (im guessing over my lil boycott of Mexican beer... wow so extreme... or maybe my suggestion that Americans stop vacationing there until the country cleans up... again extreme idea) and then hung up on me when I asked why she thinks I am racist when I have black, asian and hispanic friends.

I have no choice but to do this to prove her wrong and hopefully get her to see the light.

Her name is Kari, please call her at the following number *her work number* and ask her why I am racist. If you are a non caucasian person please let her know your ethnicity.

Please be nice and understand that she might yell, if so just hang up. Thanks.

(MOD EDIT) No posting of personal information, please read rules.

btw my name is Joe.. that is how she knows me.

here is proof positive that being against Mexico has nothing to do with race:

Europeans
    Apart from the recognition of indigenous peoples, neither INEGI nor CONAPO classify the population according to ethnicity. International organizations usually report that between 9% and 15% of the country's population could be classified as European, Caucasian or White, primarily located in the Federal District, the great metropolitan areas and central and northern states. Most of these are criollo, the relatively unmixed descendants of the Spanish colonists. However, many other immigrants arrived during the second Mexican Empire (mostly French) and during the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, mostly from Italy, the United Kingdom, Ireland and Germany. White Americans, Yugoslavians, Armenians, Greeks, Germans, Polish, Romanians, Russians and Ashkenazic Jews, along with many Spanish and Catalan refugees fleeing the Spanish Civil War also immigrated. The European Jewish immigrants joined the Sephardic community that lived in Mexico since colonial times, though many lived as Crypto-Jews, mostly in the northern states of Nuevo León and Tamaulipas. Some communities of European immigrants have remained isolated from the rest of the population since their arrival, amongst them the Dutch Menonites of Chihuahua and Durango, the Venets of Chipilo, Puebla, which have retained their original languages.

Other ethnic groups
    Other important groups of immigrants include Lebanese and Turkish, present in large numbers in central Mexico (mostly in Puebla), as well as Chinese, Japanese and Koreans. Afro-Mexicans, mostly of mixed ancestry, live in the coastal areas of Veracruz, Tabasco,Oaxaca and Guerrero. Mexicans of Filipino descent are estimated at 200,000, mostly located at Guerrero and Colima.

Please don't lump MALDEF in with La Raza and MechA. While I disagree with probably all the positions advocated by MALDEF, I can't say they're bad guys. Kind of like the Roman Catholic Church. La Raza and MechA are hate-mongering racist scum on the same level as White Aryan Resistance.

Dragon5, I remember how you went out all by your lonesome to have a protest, and I think you are a very brave and courageous person.

The reaction of this young lady seems very out of proportion to the conversation you were having. Can I give you my gut feeling about it? Maybe she took a liking to someone who doesn't like you because he felt jealous of your relationship with this young lady. Maybe he's been slowly speaking against you. Such a strong reaction sounds like something that was already building up inside - and the conversation gave the excuse to end the relationship.

Since the "racism" label is just an excuse anyway, there's no point in trying to convince her that you are not racist. I would advise against having people call her to further your argument against being a racist. The charge is ridiculous. It is used against us because it always gets such a strong defensive reaction that can then be rejected even if the accused grovels, and pulls out a whole wallet full of pictures of friends of different ethnicities. You must not do that, Dragon5. Don't chase after her to try and exonerate yourself of a false charge. You are a fine person with a fine spirit. Respect yourself and stop playing a defensive game.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast