Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

America is weeping

America is Weeping

America is weeping today because citizens are dead and dying.

America is weeping today because the government failed on it promise to protect and serve.

America is weeping today because its resources, stretched thin from fighting wars across the oceans, have left it own thirsty and hungry.

America is weeping today because politics, corporate greed and the power elite have replaced common decency and common sense among its leaders.

America is weeping today as babies die in mother’s arms, as the aged drown and the young revolt, while help has been too slow to save so many.

America is weeping today because it knows promises made will be promises broken.

America is weeping today so many can’t afford health care.

America is weeping today as its youth die amidst the oil on foreign soil.

America is weeping today, sickened by the thought their great nation has forsaken them.

God has given so much to this bountiful land, yet America is weeping
    "This land is your land, this land is my land," but it's not their land.

I'm weeping because Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson didn't own homes in New orleans and decide to stay instead of evacuate.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    I'm weeping because Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson didn't own homes in New orleans and decide to stay instead of evacuate.
    HAHA!

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good one
    LegalUSCitizen

the federal governments failure to protect its citizens is another reason why the states need to be back in the federal government ... a good Senator would have made sure planes and helicopers were loaded with supplies and ready to fly as soon as the storm passed ....

does the federal government care about the poor? NO

had this been "illegal aliens" I'm sure Ted Kennedy and company would have been on the forefront
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Quote Originally Posted by Mamie
    does the federal government care about the poor? NO
    In regards to this question, the answer in definately no. If they did they would not let companies send millions of jobs overseas, or south of the border. They would not strain our hurting tax system, and expand the lower class with illegals. the government would intervein with the oil industry and the greedy profits that they force us to deal with. Medical wouldn't be out of reach for so many people, which is out of reach for many "blue" and "white" collar people. At the same time we can not "stereotype" every individual in the fed, and it is in all our local governments as well.

Here is something to ponder. "42.45% of the U.S. population voted in the 2004 election" FACT
    Now the theory is that the "majority" rules correct? Well is 42.45% the majority of the United States? I don't think so using the Math that I learned in school. So with that one little statistic, I would say that the majority of the minority rules.

Now out of this percentage, what do you think the break down is as far as, politicians, CEOs, CFOs, special interest etc...?
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

voter apathy

Voter apathy has always been a problem. Those people you've seen on television trapped in the Superdome are the very kind of people that do not vote, and they are also the very people who yell the loudest when things don't go their way. Not voting comes from several reasons: thinking ones votes doesn't make a difference, irresponsibility, ignorance, and if you live in FLorida, having a felony record.
    "This land is your land, this land is my land," but it's not their land.