Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I love Whole Foods.

Another thought to consider is to grow what you can yourself. You can even grow lettuce, spinach, etc. in those 1/2 whiskey barrels if you don't have acreage for a garden.

Didn't Lou Dobbs have a segment recently that said a head of lettuce would only cost 10 cents more if picked by Americans.

That's doable...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Did you know that 30% of California's ag products are shipped outside of the US? I have seen trains in the Central Valley loaded with refrigerated containers, they have some kind of produce in them being shipped overseas, probably to Japan.

What this means is Americans, by financially supporting illegal aliens, are subsidizing these agricultural exports!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinwaukegan
    Didn't Lou Dobbs have a segment recently that said a head of lettuce would only cost 10 cents more if picked by Americans.

That's doable...
    Yes. I use this stat all of the time. I heard Dobbs say that if we DOUBLED the pay in the agricultural industry (making it 18.00/hr) we would pay a measley 10-15 cents more for a head of lettuce. I think he got this from Harvard economist, George Borjas, who is the most respected name in immigration economics. The Wall Street journal, and the rest of the MSM have peddled the lie, among many others, that we could not afford produce if Americans picked them. I even heard this moron on another message board claim that we would pay $40.00 for a head of lettuce without illegals, and nobody even challenged him. LOL!! Good brainwashing job, MSM.......
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

And then there is always John McFlipFlop who boasted that even at $50 per hour Americans wouldn't pick lettuce. At his town hall meeting in my city, many people went there just to apply for those $50 per hour jobs. Of course, nothing ever came of it.
    RDR

JAK
    We don't need or want illegals or guest workers...period! If we can't do it on our own...we would rather do without! The only thing illegals or guest workers have brought us is the arrogant attitude that we owe them something! Send them home...we were fine before the came, we will be even better when they leave!

I would rather pay more and have Americans doing the work OR GO WITHOUT!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by JAK
    We don't need or want illegals or guest workers...period! If we can't do it on our own...we would rather do without! The only thing illegals or guest workers have brought us is the arrogant attitude that we owe them something! Send them home...we were fine before the came, we will be even better when they leave!

I would rather pay more and have Americans doing the work OR GO WITHOUT!
    don't forget disease.

I believe on the Dobbs show it stated that the labor cost required in the growth/harvest of produce was a drop in the bucket compared to the money the middle men reap that take the produce from the farmer to the market (distro companies, resellers, stores, etc).

Raising wages in the fields would not be a huge impact to the end price. And what about automation. If there were no illegals to pick our veggies there would be a need for a new process of harvest.

Necessity is the mother of invention

And a shiny gold star goes out to the user that referred to the Jetson's maid, that just got my best laugh for the day!

Quote Originally Posted by duece212
    I believe on the Dobbs show it stated that the labor cost required in the growth/harvest of produce was a drop in the bucket compared to the money the middle men reap that take the produce from the farmer to the market (distro companies, resellers, stores, etc).

Raising wages in the fields would not be a huge impact to the end price. And what about automation. If there were no illegals to pick our veggies there would be a need for a new process of harvest.

Necessity is the mother of invention

And a shiny gold star goes out to the user that referred to the Jetson's maid, that just got my best laugh for the day!
    machines don't pee on the produce

Quote Originally Posted by jimpasz
    machines don't pee on the produce
    LOL! EXACTLY!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123