Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Americans Are Warned About Overseas Travel

I realize that this isn't about illegal immigration, per se, but I thought it was interesting in that this warning from the government tells you absolutely nothing at all.

What countries are dangerous? All of them, says the government.

What should we be looking out for? Anything suspicious, says the government.

How should we protect ourselves? We don't know, says the government.

I mean, why bother issuing the warning. It's as worthless as these color-coded terrorist threat levels the government so loves.

By Robin Wright
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Wednesday, August 3, 2005; A16

The State Department issued an updated worldwide caution on terrorism yesterday, warning Americans about the threat of extremist violence against U.S. citizens and interests abroad.

The warning did not list countries, nor did department officials offer any additional specifics about threats. The statement said "current information" indicates that al Qaeda and affiliated terrorist groups are planning attacks against U.S. interests in "multiple regions, including Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East."

The department's official caution, which supersedes an alert issued in March, said attacks against private and official targets could come in the form of assassinations, kidnappings, hijackings or bombings.

The targets could include places where Americans meet or visit, such as residential areas, hotels and restaurants, as well as places of worship, schools, clubs, business offices and public areas, the caution said. It also noted that "demonstrations and rioting" can occur with little or no warning.

As causes of concern, the department cited spillover from the U.S. intervention in Iraq in and outside the Middle East, as well as other recent terrorist attacks in Europe. "Ongoing events in Iraq have resulted in demonstrations and associated violence in several countries; such events are likely to continue for the foreseeable future," the statement said. "U.S. citizens are strongly encouraged to maintain a high level of vigilance, be aware of local events, and take the appropriate steps to bolster their personal security."
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

i am supposed to be avoiding the forum but sometimes i peek.....this warning means if you go to certain countries the STATE DEPARTMENT will do nothing to help you if you are kidnapped, killed, murdered, robbed, violated or anything else.....and even if you do go to a peaceful country like England and you are on the subway you maybe blown to bits and the STATE DEPARTMENT will do nothing since they work in a prision like buidling surrounded by barbed wire and US Marines are inside to protect sensitive documents and private security forces patrol the outside...

technically it is your embassy in said country but you are not eligible to work there unless you LIVE there which means the STATE DEPARTMENT does not want you to work there and would rather a foreign national work there like the MEXICAN in Mexico City who was giving illegal VISAS to COLOMBIANS to enter the United States.....LOL but true!

Really, there are some countries that yes are inherently more dangerous like Colombia which I have visited like 25 times since 1997 and have never had any problem..then there was New York on 9-11?

What the State Department is saying is be careful in certain countries....other than that I think the State Department is a stuck up elitist organization of mostly bleeding hearted foolish liberals...just my opinion.....oh...i better leave now...

travel

WELL, EVEN CRUISE SHIPS ARENT SAFE ANYMORE!! WHAT A BUNCH OF EVIL MORONS THAT ARE BEING BRED. WHY IN THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE WANT TO GUARD AMERICA? ITS TO KEEP OUT EVIL PEOPLE THAT DONT BELONG HERE. WE NEED TO GUARD OURSELVES. THERE IS NO BETTER WAY - THAN TO PUT THE MILITARY ON THE BORDERS!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

this warning means if you go to certain countries the STATE DEPARTMENT will do nothing to help you if you are kidnapped, killed, murdered, robbed, violated or anything else
    Of course, Jack, now I see that's exactly what it means.

It also explains the less than useless terror level alerts we get here at home. If anything happens to you , you can't say you weren't warned.

I should have realized that when I first read it.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.