Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: America's Greed

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

America's Greed

Poverty wasn't always as pervasive as it is today in Mexico. A bit of economic history is in order.....

In 1983, the devaluation of the Mexican peso triggered an explosion of US-owned factories, called maquiladoras, along the Mexican side of the US-Mexico border. Corporations closed thousands of factories within US borders, and relocated them to Mexico to take advantage of cheaper labor costs, few required benefits and legally-acceptable poorer working conditions.

Hundreds of thousands of poor Mexican workers and their families moved to northernmost Mexico to labor in the maquiladoras.

Within ten years, though, those same US corporations closed the maquiladoras, and again relocated factories, this time to Asia, which proffered even cheaper labor costs, no benefits and often abject working conditions acceptable to local governments.

Those hundreds of thousands of Mexican workers in the maquiladoras, and their families, were left with nothing. No benefits, no severance. Nothing.
    http://www.hispanicvista.com/HVC/Opinio ... 5Fcomm.htm

Hundreds of thousands of poor Mexican workers and their families moved to northernmost Mexico to labor in the maquiladoras.
    And what did the Mexican government do?
    What they usually do. Nothing.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

I notice you didn't mention the impact on the laboring class families in the USA when those jobs left America.

Many of the millions of Americans who lost fair to decent jobs are now competing with millions of invaders.

But, since many of the American working poor have that ugly white skin, are not bearers of the brown beauty so many invasion supporters adore (my my....... racism rearing its ugly head?) little to no regard is given to Americans... even those who may be in worse straits than those invading.

Has anyone called "troll" yet? I have seen a few posts from Aryana and it seems like this person is upholding the arguement of the illegal. Would someone please either explain to me Aryana's relavance or should he/she/it be removed? Just my opinion...

The frustration continues...

Greed?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 54694.html

Mexico's wretched refuse

By Dimitri Vassilaros
    TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Monday, May 22, 2006

Mexico is exporting the wrong Mexicans.
    Instead of trying to keep the most industrious ones to help their country morph from Third World to first, Mexico encourages them to relocate by any means necessary into the United States.

As it browbeats the Bush administration to give the 11 million-plus illegal ones rubber-stamped American citizenship.

While calculating Mexican couples nesting in our bulrushes who procreate instant Americans -- delivery to the promised land by drive-by birthing.

But not all Mexicans want to live here. It just seems that way. A few like their homeland. No, make that really, really, really like their homeland. It's easy to see why even though they want no one to notice.

Mexico calls itself a republic. Perhaps there is no Spanish word for oligarchy.

The Center for Immigration Studies published an eye-opening study -- "Mexican Officials Feather Their Nests While Decrying U.S. Immigration Policy" -- by George W. Grayson, professor of government at the College of William & Mary. Mr. Grayson lets the gato out of the bag.

He sets the tone with a quote attributed to Carlos Hank Gonzalez: "Show me a politician who is poor and I will show you a poor politician."

The obscenely high salaries, generous stipends, year-end bonuses of many Mexican federal and local politicians and slush fund money they spread around are just the tip of the enchilada.

"Average salaries (plus Christmas stipends known as aguinaldos) place the average compensation of Mexican state executives at $125,759, which exceeds by almost $10,000 the mean earnings of their U.S. counterparts ($115,77," according to the study.

President Vicente Fox ($236,693) makes more than the leaders of France ($95,65 and the United Kingdom ($211,434).

Although they are in session only a few months a year, Mexican deputies take home at least $148,000 annually and at the end of the three-year term give themselves a $28,000 "leaving-office bonus."

Members of the 32 state legislatures ($60,632) earn on average twice the amount earned by U.S. state legislators ($28,261).

The average compensation of Mexican state executives is $125,759. In the U.S., $115,778.

Well-connected Mexican businessmen also do well, like Carlos Slim, the third-richest man in the world, according to Grayson. Mr. Slim made his fortune by essentially controlling virtually all the telephone lines in the country, says Grayson.

He also says there only are two large TV networks, two major food processing companies and one huge cement company.

"India and China are eating Mexico's lunch," Grayson says.

"If Taiwan or Singapore could lease Mexico for 20 years, we gringos would be whining about the colossus of the south and would be trying to sneak into Mexico because it has everything; oil, gas, minerals, beaches, museums, archeological sites, mountains ... ."

Everything including the parasites who feast on the perpetual banquet of misery created by their greed. The same parasites who lecture America about how it should treat the poverty-stricken Mexican peons who risk life and limb to escape their homeland for the chance to work nonstop like rented mules in the hope that maybe someday -- just maybe -- they will be real Americans instead of virtual ones.

The people Mexico needs most are the least of its worries.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

A few Americans Greed. Not all, and even in the best of times, wealth didn't trickle down to everybody. I'd really like to know where that myth started. We don't all have fancy clothes or cars or jet to exotic locations like they show in the movies. America wasn't always by monetary means the wealthiest country either. And I don't think it is now when you look at the national debt. It's not a country flowing with an endless supply of milk and honey either. Being an American is way much more than MONEY. But it's hard for someone to understand that when it's big business grabbing every cent and illegals willing to break every law for a job.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Aryana

Aryana's posts are healthy for debate. After reading the retorts posted, it seems clear that her argument holds no water. A free and fair exchange of ideas is good.

Hill

Quote Originally Posted by manlyva
    Has anyone called "troll" yet? I have seen a few posts from Aryana and it seems like this person is upholding the arguement of the illegal. Would someone please either explain to me Aryana's relavance or should he/she/it be removed? Just my opinion...

The frustration continues...
    I don't think you'll be seeing Aryana around these parts anymore. She seems to be a troll that posts and runs.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

BIG FAT TROLL

I have not doubt....illegal too!!!

Troll and run!

"BIG FAT TROLL"

I hope she watches her weight. Type 2 diabetes, the adult onset type, can be tough.

By keeping the excess weight off one can often keep the disease away.

Ever note how many of the invaders become hefty as they get older? As they develope diabetes and receive their free medical care at the hospital emergency room (if there's any left open) the taxpayer's cost will soar even higher.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast