Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Amnesty bill for more than immigration

I thought that I would see something about this on the boards, but I haven't seen nor heard anyone discussing the amnesty for the crimes associated with illegal aliens in the US. Something I wrote elsewhere was:

As far as amnesty, did you realize that the amnesty being provided in this bill would have been amnesty for:

1. Immigration violations (obviously)
    2. Identity Theft
    3. Document Fraud
    4, Document Forgery

So yes, amnesty would have been a horrible thing.

Copied from SB 1348:

(1) IN GENERAL.—An alien who applies for Deferred Mandatory Departure status shall submit to the Secretary of Homeland Security—
    (A) an acknowledgment made in writing and under oath that the alien—
    (i) is unlawfully present in the United States and subject to removal or
    deportation, as appropriate, under this Act; and
    (ii) understands the terms of the terms of Deferred Mandatory Departure;
    (B) any Social Security account number or card in the possession of the alien or relied upon by the alien;
    (C) any false or fraudulent documents in the alien’s possession.
    (2) USE OF INFORMATION.—None of the documents or other information provided in accordance with paragraph (1) may be used in a criminal proceeding against the alien providing such documents or information.

Fangers, you may have seen Senator Kennedy turn very red and yell... this time when an amendment was introduced that would stop_ an illegal that used a 'stolen social security number' from collecting Earned Income-tax Credit. Did you catch that on c-span? Kennedy fully intends to give them Bonus access to social programs. So its Crimes +Amnesty+ Bonus, no penality.

On May 23, 2007 scroll at bottom of screen on c-span 2, "S1348 removes penalities from humanitarian workers who help illegals"