Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

From Angry American

From a very angry American,

Before I get into this long-winded conversation about immigration, let me say that I don’t have a problem with anyone coming to the country to better their life and the lives of their family as long as they enter legally. Attempting to conform us to their beliefs by wanting Happy Holidays, Holiday Trees, and wanting to take Under “God” out of our daily lives doesn’t indicate to me that they appreciate their newfound freedoms.

I do have a problem with the ones who refuse to learn our ways, language and proper entry to the U.S.; after all, I thought they came here to live the “American Dream”! Seems the least they would do is to assimilate to the American ways and language. The ones, who come break our laws, attempt to change our religious values, complain about the American way aren’t here because they respect our ways. These are the ones, that don’t respect us and aren’t here to live the American Dream, but to burden the American Dream. They are here for the free handouts our government and liberals hand them. During the same time they are crying, they are sending money earned from tax-free and free medical care from the jobs taken from Americans back to their country. How the Hell is that helping OUR economy?

Yeah… we have a bunch of immigrants (legal and illegal) marching in the streets across the country screaming because we Americans are getting sick and tired of continually losing jobs, rights, and lives. This uncontrolled access is costing the American blue-collar workers more than it will ever cost the politicians, corporations, and small business owners that benefit from illegal aliens. These companies benefit by paying reduced wages and little benefits if any to these illegal aliens. President Bush says that the illegals are taking jobs Americans don’t want. I don’t know of any sane American that wants or can afford to work at half the wages and no benefits while supporting a growing family and growing cost of living in the U.S.

Because of the criminals that come in groves across the uncontrolled borders and the criminal act of hiring the same by companies in the attempt to show larger profits, our economy is showing gains, but our blue-collar workers are losing.

Yeah it all boils down to the rich getting richer as with everything else… yet Americans who were born here or went through the proper channels to be citizens try to work here continue to lose. I just quit a company in North Carolina after 4 years of employment. Why…? Because the owner of the company refused to get health care for his employees. Why…? Because the majority of his workforce is Hispanic and receive free medical because of their immigration status. Not only do they have free medical, they receive tax breaks and more. I don’t because I was born here. When is enough, going to be ENOUGH? What is it going to take for us to make the lawmakers and the leaders of this country realize that the American public has had enough? I suppose if Americans got out and protested it might make a difference… oops! I’m sorry we don’t have enough time… we’re too damn busy working 2 or 3 jobs to pay our bills and the medical bills of our family, not to mention the medical bills, law enforcements efforts, and food bills of the illegal immigrants.

Not more than 3 years ago my brother who worked and paid taxes the majority of his life had to fight tooth and nail to get help. Only after hiring an attorney was he able to get help after being blinded from a serious illness that nearly took his life. Yet, illegal and legal immigrants who come to the states have our government and liberals holding out free medical passes and numerous tax breaks while my brother and many others struggle to live on a very limited income because our governmental system is too burdened to help the deserving.

Listening to the television today I heard an immigrant say that it was unfair that we criminalize the illegal entry into America, with the same breath he likened our forefathers immigration to what’s happening today. I have difficulty seeing the relation as our forefathers learn to speak English and the values for which this country was built upon. I think we ought to go to his home, cut a hole through his fence, sneak into his back yard and set up house keeping. Once we are there, we need to try to change his religious beliefs and tell his boss we’ll work for half the salary. When he attempts to talk to us, speak a different language and even though we live in his back yard refuse to speak his language or attempt to learn his ways.

President Bush says that the influx of immigrants will allow unwanted jobs to be filled and almost the same breath he said something about illegal immigrants being doctors and company executives and taking on more technical jobs. I agree with his theory… I too would work for less money if I were allowed to have the same free medical and tax breaks they receive, not to mention the minority status. If I were a company owner would want the illegal immigration to continue because of the money I could save in medical, retirement, and other benefits that would be required by true American employees. It’s totally ludicrous and I fail to understand why the majority isn’t stomping mad that our leader made such a statement. I guess the president just doesn’t care about the little man but cares only about the big corporations who can hire an immigrant at half or less than they could hire an American.

The reason why an American refuses to work certain jobs is that the job doesn’t pay what it should to make an earnest living. Major corporations and politicians who benefit from major contributions to the politician’s personal cause should be protecting OUR interests. But they know as long as they have a continued flood of immigrants with half the expenses of the average American flowing into the country unabated then we Americans will continue to have difficulty finding a job. Eventually you will be lucky to find a job that pays much over minimum wage because the corporations will continue to lower wages until only the illegal immigrants can afford to work without benefits.

Spitting mad that all of us aren’t marching towards the White House from every corner of the U.S.

Angry:

Welcome ABOARD, and know that you are NOT ALONE in your anger at this situation. Take that anger and focus it into positive action that can help STOP this ill fated plan of President Bush, by getting involved here to stop Amnesy and Guest Worker program.

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Hello, Angry American,
    We're not 'taking to the streets' because we would have no protection from law enforcement if we did. The illegals have been allowed to assault Americans who are atttempting to employ their first amendment rights.

Our president does not enforce the law. He does not accept having law enforcement enforce any laws either.

He has told our Border Patrol to 'stand down'.

If you want to take America back...Impeach Bush...then we have a chance to do so...

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Another post by Angry American

I appreciate your words of encouragement Pinto Bean.
    RoadRunner, sometimes you get your nose bloody for standing up for your rights. Perfect examples are as follows; The Civil War, WWI, WWII, Vietnam, Korean, Desert Storm, and our current activities in Afghanistan and Iraq. No matter how we look at it, our rights and beliefs are under attack by our southern neighbor, neither Bush or Fox is willing to do anything about it because it would mean less money for the both of them.

However below is something that was printed in the Tampa newspaper paid by the author and his wife some time ago.

Story in Tampa Newspaper Paid by Man & His Wife...........

Will we still be the Country of choice and still be America if we continue to make the changes forced on us by the people from other countries that
    came to live in America because it is the Country of Choice??????

Think about it . .

All I have to say is, when will they do something about MY RIGHTS? I
    celebrate Christmas, but because it isn't celebrated by everyone, we can
    no longer say Merry Christmas. Now it has to be Season's Greetings. It's not
    Christmas vacation, it’s Winter Break. Isn't it amazing how this winter break ALWAYS occurs over the Christmas holiday? We've gone so far the other
    way, bent over backwards to not offend anyone, that I am now being
    offended. But it seems that no one has a problem with that.

This says it all!

This is an editorial written by American citizen, published in a
    Tampa newspaper He did quite a job; didn't he? Read on, please!

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT.
    I am tired of this nation worrying about rather we are offending some
    individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct! " crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is
    seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of America being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese,
    Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of
    our society, learn the language!

"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right
    wing, political slogan.. We adopted this motto because Christian men and
    women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly
    documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our
    schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of
    the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY,
    our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right
    to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so.
    But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag,
    our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you
    take advantage of one other great American freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

If you agree -- pass this along; if you don't agree -- delete it!

AMEN

I figure if we all keep passing this to our friends (and enemies) it will also, sooner or later get back to the complainers, lets all try, please.

While I was at Walgreens the other day, an announcement came over the system saying that now you can get your prescription and instructions printed in any language you want. What's up with that????

We are just going to have to do something about this ourselves -

I may offend someone with this suggestion, but I think we should vote out everyone now in office - except Tancredo.

He is the only one I have seen that has the courage to speak up. Oh, some have found their voices because it is election time - but I don't see they have done anything. The House passed a strict bill - knowing full well it would be striped and changed in the Senate.

We have an over 90% encumbency rate. That means these people have been up there for some time, supposedly working in the interest of Americans and America.

This problem has been going on since the last amnesty (as if it solved anything). It has been really, serious for at least 15 years - and Americans have been complaining and begging. Yet, it has been a non issue in the campaigns (maybe a passing remark or two) and in the media.

As far as I am concerned, they have had their chance - all of them. I don't see any difference in them.

As for this PResident, amnesty was one of the first things he proposed upon election. Remember, he had Fox to his ranch and broke tradition, insulted Canada, and invited Fox to be the first foreign guest at the WH.

He allowed Fox to speak to the Congress and make demands - yes Fox was making demands for 'his people in America', in our own government halls. Not a one got up and walked out!! What kind of people would sit there and listen to the head of a foreign nation demand we give or furnish more for people from his country that are here illegally. Shame, shame, shame on our lawmakers.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by gingerurp
    While I was at Walgreens the other day, an announcement came over the system saying that now you can get your prescription and instructions printed in any language you want. What's up with that????
    The one thing that sends my blood pressure up, is the fact that you must know how to speak, write & read English in order to pass the citizenship test then, why in God's name do we have to print the voting ballots in about 10 different languages?
    I think with the money we could save there, we could built that wall in the border.
    "We have room for but one flag, the American flag" - Theodore Roosevelt