Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Another Anti-American activist

JUST LIKE RUBEN, SHE DOESN'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ILLEGAL ALIEN AND AN IMMIGRANT. SHE IS ALL FOR TURNING OUR COMMUNITIES INTO MEXICAN SLUMS.

When my wife immigrated to the US with me over 24 years ago, the first Thanksgiving in America for her was to make a dinner with turkey, ham, and all the other fixings associated with this fine holiday. This is not the case with the bean eaters who want to make OUR communities look just like the ones in mexico. And you have maria "beanhead" salinas and ruben "i'm not an illegal" navarette to advocate for them. And the liberal newspaper are so willing to pay them for their trash.

More than just turkey day for immigrants
    By Maria Elena Salinas
    11/21/06 04:13:24

For six years in the early '80s, as a local reporter in Los Angeles, every Thanksgiving I had to go to the Los Angeles Mission to do a story. The focus was usually on the turkey dinner or lunch that was prepared for the homeless: Who volunteered? Who donated the food? What did it mean to them? More often than not, the answer to this last question was "It's turkey day."

Even back then, many of the homeless who found food and refuge in the mission were immigrants from south of the border. They spoke no English and had rarely been able to feast on an elaborate menu like turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, green-bean casserole, corn bread and pumpkin pie.

Even though it varied so much from the food they were used to eating, they tried to relate to the American tradition. They were thankful for the meal, and if you added a jalapeńo pepper they might be able to relate even more.

These days, there are millions of Latino households that will be coming up with their own elaborate Thanksgiving menu. They might be adding some rice and beans, yuca with garlic mojo, gallo pinto, tamales, and perhaps they'll have some churros with hot chocolate after the pumpkin pie. Pilgrims and Indians might never have thought of soaking the turkey in mole sauce or having some chipotle mashed potatoes on the side, but I bet they'd be licking their fingers after eating it if they did. How about leftover turkey tacos? Yum.

But enough about food. Thanksgiving is one American tradition that is embraced by most immigrants, no matter where they came from. The celebration is, after all, based on this country's tradition of welcoming immigrants and helping them assimilate.

Back in the 1620s, the pilgrims were not just thankful to God for a plentiful harvest, but also to Native Americans for their hospitality and for teaching them to grow their own crops.

It's really ironic how almost 400 years later we can draw some parallels in the relationship between new settlers and American natives, except the roles might be reversed. It is descendants of immigrants who are now the natives of this land, and the recently arrived immigrants are the ones who, in many instances, plant the crops and then pick the harvest.

That congeniality between pilgrims and Indians during the famous dinner in Plymouth, Mass. — which later became the symbol for Thanksgiving — is noticeably missing these days.

The anti-immigrant sentiment displayed across the country in small municipalities that attempt to prevent immigrants from getting jobs and renting housing, and among elected officials who would prefer to build walls rather than bridges, differs sharply from the spirit of Thanksgiving.

Yes, there might have been some mutual distrust among pilgrims and Indians back then, but they were able to put their conflicts aside and break bread together. You'd hope we would have matured as a country since then and would be able to respect our differences and celebrate our similarities.

No matter what spices they put on their turkey, immigrants are thankful for the opportunity to work, make a better life for themselves, learn a new language, practice new traditions and enjoy a hearty meal. Buen apetito!
    Maria Elena Salinas is anchor of "Noticiero Univision." Her e-mail address is msalinas@univision.net.

Mrs Salinas, I read your story, and immigrants are welcomed into this country. However, the problem most Americans have is that these people are here ILLEGALY. They are breaking our federal laws by entering this country and seeking to work. All the while by-passing immigrants that are trying to reach this country legally. Futhermore, they show a lack of respect by not assimlating to the American culture. They create sub-communities where they only do busniess with spanish speaking people. They are Mexican first, Americans second? I feel that these people are also COWARDS, they have the cahonies to come and protest our laws and goverment, but cannot fight to change their CORRUPT country. I would be a much more welcoming person to illegals if they came to this country and truley wanted to be American, but they dont. They want to come exploit our jobs and our economy so that they can send monies back to Mexico to help support that corrupt goverment. I have no pity for these people, I want them to GO HOME and fix their country, and stop trying to get special rights here in this country. They do not respect our values or traditions. And I do not respect them.

Not so kind regards,

Ronnie
    "If you always do what You've always done, You'll always get what you always got!"

“If you ain’t mad, you ain’t paying attention.â€

Maria Elena Salinas is anchor of "Noticiero Univision."
    I think that the author probably has a little bias. Just what was happening in Mexico at the same time period? Don't hear much about that.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Ronster,
    Please post her reply, if you get one?
    D.W.

MW
    Personally, I prefer the variety of gobbler that is roasted in the oven, not the two legged verision that is running all over the United States gobbling up jobs, medical care payed for by American citizens, college tuition in some states, food stamps & WIC for their baby gobblers, tax dollars, school and prison space, etc., etc., etc.

What good are these two legged gobblers? All the do is eat up our tax dollars. I recommend we package them up and pack them on airplanes, ships, rail cars, and buses for shipment to all points North, South, West, and East. Perhaps other countries will be more appreciative of the North American Two Legged Gobbler.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I read this story days ago but it has stayed with me because somehow it really offended me. I am so sick of the MSM telling me all these other ideas for Thanksgiving dinner. So what? Who cares? I really don't want to hear about it. What is so wrong with our traditional dinner? Why do I have to read about anyone that wants to have something different? I just get really irritated by this, I don't know why.

But, ironically today I had a little sample of an altered side dish . When visting our good neighbors/friends for Thanksgiving dessert, (at 2pm because my husband and I sleep in like a couple of losers) we were sent home with some samples for our meal (traditional turkey dinner not even started until 4pm) and one of the stuffings tastes like the inside of a tamale. I don't know what is in it, pork, green peppers and some kind of chipolte or cilantro spice. Anyway, it's totally gross. So talk it up all you want, mexican spices just don't work with turkey dinner. This author can spew it all he wants, my guess is he is blowing it out of his word hole and has never tasted it.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]