Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ANOTHER CLOTURE VOTE THURSDAY

LET'S NOT STOP FIGHTING NOW

This is from National Review Online today ....

Falling Back to the Next Trench

The second, and final, cloture vote is coming Thursday (that will be to end debate and proceed to a final vote on the bill itself), and only five votes need to shift from Yes to No to stop it. That seems like a good bet, with good candidates for switching including Brownback, Bond, Ben Nelson, Ensign, Burr, and Gregg. If they thought they'd gotten a lot of calls and faxes before, ...

Send your senator a Scarlet T and a little flag....and I hope some you tube pro sets up a wall of Shame video...email the hell out of them...call the hell out of them and call them what they are in a nice controlled manner...Send them their Traitor letter from the Boss.... the US Chamber of Commierce
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

what the hell is wrong with these idiots?

Yeah, that makes more sense. I didn't understand how they were going to have cloture, amendments and THEN a vote when that isn't the order of things...

They have 30 hours of discussion and then they will have the 1-2 more cloture votes.

We will know more at 2:15, when the Senate reconvenes.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So are they going to sneak this past us over the 4th of July American holiday? Will this be the new mexican independence day?

Guys, we need to do something drastic but I don't know what that will be.
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

Quote Originally Posted by SamLowrey
    Yeah, that makes more sense. I didn't understand how they were going to have cloture, amendments and THEN a vote when that isn't the order of things...
    I totally agree. I really think we should all "kick it up a notch" and press on. Personally, I'm not ready to thow in the towel.

Quote Originally Posted by alisab
    Guys, we need to do something drastic but I don't know what that will be.
    Well, speaking for myself (the one thing I'm an expert on) I'm going to start calling, faxing, and emailing ALL OVER AGAIN ...

As they say out here in Hollywood ... "Let's take it from the top."

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBob

I totally agree. I really think we should all "kick it up a notch" and press on. Personally, I'm not ready to thow in the towel.
    They really can't just refuse cloture forever. Technically they can, but that isn't going to happen with this issue and part of that is because of us. Even though we are calling for them to stop this, it is also reminding them of the size of this issue and they have to "do" something even if it is to vote for cloture and then vote against the bill.

So is bush going to bring this back up again if we do get the No cloture vote?? Can he do that again???
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast