Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Another Massive Tax Hike

On the heels of last week's Farm Bill tax hike, Congress is about to vote on ANOTHER tax hike for yet ANOTHER spending program. This time the House and Senate will be looking at increasing the federal tobacco tax to bankroll a massive expansion of the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) to enlist even more individuals, many of whom can afford their own coverage. Contact your legislators and tell them: No tax hikes for more government-run healthcare!

THIS IS TO FUND ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT CHILDREN AND NOT OUR OWN.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Illinois recently announced that they are seeking a $2 per pack tax hike on cigarettes. Downtown they already cost in excess of $8 a pack already. I guess they'll be $10 pretty soon.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

MW
    I guess tax increases should be expected in a Democrat controlled Congress.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Instead of smuggling drugs the coyotes are going to start smuggling cigarettes!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Illinois needs to back off the cigarette tax. We aren't THAT big of a state and for the money.....heck.....I'll cross the state line. What they do is then spend the money before they get it and then cry about the tax shortfall later. This state needs to learn about a budget. Keep within it....not spend and tax on what you want. Plus....this is still yet a free country and we can drive a bit.....even with high gas and high gas taxes and go to another state to buy. As with everything.....they just don't know when to stop. Tax somebody elses "sin" for a change.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You can have them mailed to your house if you want. You don't need to drive. These guys are something else.
    -- John Wayne</div>

There are a lot of anchor babies that need coverage.
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

Lots of Anchor babies. You don't see very many not pregnant Hispanic females running around.
    -- John Wayne</div>

This really gets my goat with them taxing cigarettes to death. They keep financially raping the smokers. I was one for 22 years and had to quit a year ago due to health reasons but my 18 yr old smokes and is just out on her own and she is not ready to quit and I know she SHOULDN"T be smoking and I don't like her doing it but heck, it's an addiction and I understand her as I was there too....And it IS legal right?? So why should the government keep her in the poorhouse??? Seriously, this is like the government preying on people's addiction and making profit off of something that has proven to harm and kill people. They are allowing, by law, the consumption of toxins and harmful carcinogens and then making tons of money off of the people who use them, out of habit and "neccessity" many of times, and then saying out the other side of their mouths how bad it is and how they need to ban it from all public areas.

TOBACCO TAX MONEY GOES TO HOSPITAL CORPORATIONS. THEY WILL NEVER BE SATISFIED. BUT THE PART THAT PISSES ME OFF IS THAT THEY ARE GETTING "THEIR CUT" WHILE THEY KNOW HOW DANGEROUS SMOKING IS....AND THEY ARE THE "HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY". OMG. AND DOES THE MONEY GO TO SMOKERS? NO. JUST ONE MORE FORM OF CORRUPTION.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast