Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Agree 100%. I am against companies that misuse the visa but do realize that there is a huge number of people who actually need visas and green cards to work LEGALLY in US. There's no reason to be against them especially since they hold special skill sets
    I think we both agree the visa process needs to be changed. If companies did not abuse the process, do you think the number of visa holders is needed at the current level. Companies need to required to pay going rate in the US. Not bring in a foreign worker then hold his visa over their head and make them work for low wages for fear of getting sent home. Companies do it for one reason.. To depress the wages in a certain field and add to their bottom line. Cost of living going up and real wages going down = END of the middle class. Sorry to say, it seems peopl are hell bent on that.

And if they are here legally, I dont think anyone here holds any animosity towards the individual.
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

There are laws that are associated with the H1B visas. Those laws state that wages must be equal to the wages of native workers. There is also a time-limit on displacement (a green-card worker cannot be hired to replace a cheaper native worker within 90 days of the hire).

Yeah, right....

Desi,
    Americans as a collective society do not "hate foreigners and guests", so please don't treat us as though we're bigots or hate mongers. We do, though, need to preserve our own Nation and our culture which INCLUDES our way-of-life. To sustain our way-of-life, Americans must protect our economy, not give it away. It's not a matter of being hateful, it is more an act of self-preservation.

Since research access to H-1B visa data is limited, it's difficult to estimate the H-1B population and the economic value of this workforce. Most Americans either know first-hand or through a friend or relative what being "replaced" is about.

Researchers have admitted the visa data is hard to obtain. Even the GAO has written a 46-page report on this problem. The title is “H-1B Foreign Workers: Better Tracking Needed to Help Determine H-1B Program’s Effects on U.S. Workforce.â€
    "The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by desi
    So what are you trying to say? The Russian founder of Google immigrated illegally? Or that people didnt need guest visas in the 70s?
    What i'm saying is he isn't here on a H1-B visa. My understanding is that that the H1-B is a visa used by those with BAs or MAs to offer their services for a finite amount of time. A 6-year-old would have neither. Then, taking into consideration that he was here long enough to get his BA and masters at stanford, he's probably here with a green card.

Your original quote infered that the founders of google were here using the H1-B visa, which is incorrect. He was here with a green card and shouldn't be in the discussion of those who are here with the H1-B.

The fact that you listed google, which is the second most visited internet site in the world, and probably more influencial, caught my attention and i was merely letting you know that you had your facts wrong.

Ok, my bad, I stand corrected that Sergey may not have had a H1B.

Lets assume he had a green card or some visa that let him stay in US. A green card is something that follows a visa. It makes a person a permanent resident. Sergey was an immigrant as he was born in Russia. After he came to US whether he had a green card or whatever visa, it doesnt matter to me. All I see is that he did something for America which few other people could do.

Similarly, thousands of students study in US universities. They all need guest visas to work here legally.

The thread title says we do not need guest visas. Without guest visas people from other countries will never get an opportunity to do something for America. I too immigrated to US as a visa holder and am now close to becoming a citizen. If there were no visas I could have never got the opportunity.

Also, I pay my taxes every year and know many "citizens" who do not. And yes, I even paid my taxes when I was not a permanent resident.

Yes, there should be check on visas to prevent illegal uses. We all agree on that. But the solution is not to STOP visas from being issued. There is still a severe shortage of talented people in America. As a recruiter in my company, I know this very well.

Well since I was pointing out just how many jobs Americans are losing, due to outsourcing, and yes, many Americans are told to teach their Visa replacements or lose their severance package.

In my opinion, this is wrong and is against all American workers!

It's all about cheap labor, if they can't ship everything overseas, then they want Visa or guest workers.

This whole process is getting out of hand, and it's hurting Americans now.

My first worry concerns my fellow American....call me a silly sentimental, but when I hear of over 3 million jobs lost here due to outsourcing, and Americans lose their homes...yes I will vote for Americans anytime!

Legal immigration is fine, but not at the expense of American workers.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

I think what was meant by the title is that it would be a prudent idea to have a moratorium on ALL visas and such until we can get a handle on who is here.. and what needs to be done..
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pistov
    I think what was meant by the title is that it would be a prudent idea to have a moratorium on ALL visas and such until we can get a handle on who is here.. and what needs to be done..
    Exactly! You just can't have masses of people come here, when we are losing so many jobs every week!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12