Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Another WRAL Poll...........

Some local hospitals are considering tracking illegal immigrants as a way to determine their impact on healthcare. What do you think about this initiative?

http://www.wral.com/news/4888077/detail.html

I think it's a good idea. 76 88%
    I think it's a bad idea. 2 2%
    It has some advantages, but has some disadvantages too. 8 9%
    I don't know. 0 0%

Total 86 votes
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hey check out my Senator's quote at the bottom. Go Senator Webster. He is one of the best allies of our cause in the NC General Assembly.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think it's a good idea. 82 89%

I think it's a bad idea. 2 2%

It has some advantages, but has some disadvantages too. 8 9%

I don't know. 0 0%

Total 92 votes

North Carolina Sen. Hugh Webster, R-Caswell County, an advocate for tougher immigration laws, believes questions should come with care.

"But we have the right -- we're spending taxpayers' money -- to ask them questions about their legal status," Webster said.

So, why the questions? Webster believes any information should be turned over to immigration officers.

Hospital officials say, however, that will not happen. They see the information only as a way to help the government keep track of immigrants' impact on the healthcare system. They have no intention of turning in anyone because of residency status.

Yes, Senator Webster's standing up for the taxpayers. When I emailed him last week, I thanked him for what he's trying to do for NC & I've asked everybody I know in Alamance to support him.

Quote Originally Posted by had_enuf
    Yes, Senator Webster's standing up for the taxpayers. When I emailed him last week, I thanked him for what he's trying to do for NC & I've asked everybody I know in Alamance to support him.
    Regarding NC, I was talking with a woman today who has a relative in NC. Think she said it was her sister-in-law. She said the relative said the Hispanics are replacing the blacks in NC and I guess she meant outnumbering them and that while the blacks used to pick the tobacco now the Hispanics are taking (STEALING! ) those jobs.

When I was growing up before computers, cell phones, etc., the farmers' kids & neighborhood kids worked in tobacco every summer to earn money for new school clothes for fall. It was hard, hot, dirty work but we needed the money! Used to be 3 or 4 small farmers in the community at the time but those farms are long gone. Can't say I even know a farmer now.