Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Anti-CAFTA TV Commercial Blitz here!

Has anyone else been noticing ANTI-CAFTA commercials in their area in the last few days? We have no local station in here in northern DE, so all our "local" stations are actually Philly.

That said, my dad called me today to ask if I had seen all the anti-CAFTA commercials that had been running on channel 4 (FOX) the last few days (he loves the judge shows on this channel! ). Although I hadnt, he informed me that they have been running for the past 3-4 days, at least once an hour. So I turned on my TV, set the channel to 4, and resumed working on my Ebay auctions. Sure enough, within 30 minutes....not one, but TWO of these commercials aired!

A pretty stong message is delivered in these 30 second spots. They show different folks plying their trades (welders, truckers, ect) while the voice over tells the veiwer how CAFTA will steal Americans jobs, ruin our economy, ect. The first I saw urged viewers to contact Jim Gerlach (showing name and phone phone number) to voice opposition to CAFTA. The second asked the viewers to contact Mike Fitzpatrick.

YEAH!

OHHH! It just came on again (3rd time in an hour)! This time I was able to catch who sponsored these spots. It may not be verbatim (listed for like, 2 seconds) but very close.

Paid for by: The hardworking men and women of the AFL-CIO

WOW?!?!

greyparrot,
    There are several groups including the afl-cio putting out these ads. I wish I could put out a few myslef.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I wish I could put out a few myself.
    Oh boy, me too! I must admit though, I was a little surprised by the sponsor. I thought I had read somewhere that many AFL-CIO members were furious because their leaders were courting illegal alien labor.

If that were true, I would have expected just the opposite...as CAFTA would only serve to increase the illegal invasion.

Very confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by greyparrot
    I wish I could put out a few myself.
    Oh boy, me too! I must admit though, I was a little surprised by the sponsor. I thought I had read somewhere that many AFL-CIO members were furious because their leaders were courting illegal alien labor.

If that were true, I would have expected just the opposite...as CAFTA would only serve to increase the illegal invasion.

Very confusing.
    They dont want to loose any more members due to lost jobs, they are not even looking at the open borders issue.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

They dont want to loose any more members due to lost jobs, they are not even looking at the open borders issue.
    Well, at this point, I am just so grateful for these timely commercials that I could care less about their view on border policy (we can work on that after CAFTA fails).