Read your Voter Registeration card carefully. You can submit this card WITHOUT any identification information. It does state that [I don't recall the exact words] you will/may be required to show identification at the polling booth. But, the last time I voted I played stupid and started to show the volunteer my Drivers' License and the volunteer came un-glued and quickly told me "Oh no!!! It's against the law for us to check ID".
If you'll note, the only thing a volunteer has asked for is the Voter Pamphlet. They check the back of that phamphlet to see who you are. I think this is a real potential problem. I am entertaining the idea of getting a few credible witnesses and video taping me submitting a registration card with a spanish surname. I want to see if our system will have any checks and balances to stop me from voting. Naturally, I do not want to go to jail so I need to pick my witnesses carefully. Like the top dog at the Registar of Voters might work.
Now, for the sole purpose of checking out this information I volunteered to work at a polling booth during the June election in California. I will report back my findings.