Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Have you ever worked on a farm? I have and I can tell you. Picking anything like apples, beans, oranges, digging up potatoes, etc..is extremely physically demanding. Working on a farm is hard physical work.
    Of course it is.

But it was getting done before the illegals came. We were all eating just fine.

But if tomatoes can be picked mechanically, so can apples. I know potatoes can be dug by machine.

The farmers in the 40's and 50's whined they couldn't grow cotton if school children were not allowed out of school to do the picking. They found out that machines picked cotton just fine.

We can have a third world society with loads of cheap (to the employer) labor. This is labor that the American taxpayer will have to subsidize forever. The alternative is that we allow American ingenuity to come up with mechanized ways to do the work and we can be a country with a better standard of living, more people paying their own way.

The politicians and business owners, of course, want the illegals here because they want money and power. There is, however, a certain segment in this country who are enjoying being 'upper class', or think they are. They look at these people and it makes them feel superior and they like that feeling. Even the ones who claim to support it out of benevolent feelings actually consider them 'poor wretches'. They go green when you suggest they will be living in their neighborhoods or going to their kid's schools.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It boils down to two reasons.
    1. laziness
    2. greed
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

They need to quit growing so much!
    Moosetracks, you have a good point.

Did you know that farmers are paid for not producing?
    Did you know they are paid subsidies, when their crops fail?
    Did you know they are hiring cheap labor instead of automating?

Also, planting and harvest labor is not needed all year round!!!!!!!

All this BS about needing bodies to work in the US is because we have stalled on purchasing automation. There are all kinds of fabulous equipment and gadgets that can replace humans but they won't change until you get rid of the cheap labor.

I don't want to hear the "back breaking" excuse either.
    It's no harder than raising small children, doing laundry or hauling in groceries. Women's work.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dixie, you have a way of getting right to the meat of the matter.

Although, it is not all because they grow too much. It is because the government has gotten into the equation and nothing is based on supply and demand - although that is the mantra of globalist.

While our government pays farmers and ranchers to NOT produce, they buy up the surplus of those who do produce. Then our government allows so much produce to be imported. It is a ridiculous, twisted, unreasonable situation.

About 20 years ago, the government decided there were too many dairies in America, they were having to buy up too much surplus and pay too many subsidies. Their answer was to buy out some of the dairies. A dairy farmer could 'sell' his production for the next 5 years (I think - maybe more). He decided how much his production would be and set his price and the governmnet paid him.. Now all those dairy cows were supposed to be sent to the market as beef - not put back into milk production.

Tthe really assinine thing was - the government allowed many, many dairy farmers from Holland to come in and open dairies. So rather than cut back on the production, they just paid some farmers to sit back for a number of years - or continue under another name and Dutch farmers to come here, and open dairies.

Dixie, I was in your fair city Tuesday and Wednesday. My brother had bypass surgery there.

Quote Originally Posted by wep561
    What is so damn hard about picking apples?? I don't get it!!!
    My point exactly, I worked my Grabdmothers farm when I was young, picking green beans, strawberrys, corn, and even re-routing a creek for water, at the time she still had an outhouse and no water inside the house, we had to take a bath in a big metal tub with hot water from laying a black garden hose out in the sun. But, ANYONE can do these jobs, even the farmers and their families, isn't that how we used to do it? And I understand farms are ALOT bigger now, but, if you pay an american the right wage, they will work just hard as anyone will. But.....then we get back to the GREED part of it all. And no its not hard to do this type of work, I'd go out and pick cotton just to prove a point, all day, in the sun, and Im no spring chicken. If I could make a good living doing one of these jobs, I'd go do it just put an Illegal out of work.

Quote Originally Posted by bearpaw
    wep561,

What is so damn hard about picking apples?? I don't get it!!!
    Have you ever worked on a farm? I have and I can tell you. Picking anything like apples, beans, oranges, digging up potatoes, etc..is extremely physically demanding. Working on a farm is hard physical work.
    Of course I have worked on a farm. Or else I would not have asked the question. My parents used to send me to my grandparents 26 acre farm in Fancy Farm, Ky. every summer for 3 months. Anyone ever heard of Fancy Farm, Ky??? There is nothing there but farmers!!!!!
    Hauling hay is definately hard to equate with picking apples and oranges.
    I used to haul hay for $20 per day. The length of the day depended on how much hay there was. Much less pay, much harder work than some damn Mexican apple picker.
    Then I went to Marine Corps boot camp at Paris Island, SC. You wanna try to compare PI to picking apples?????
    When all of the hay on my grandparents farm was in the barn, what do you think that we did???? We did not sit on our asses and relax, we went and helped everyone else that we knew to bring in their crop. And guess what??? We didn't have even one damn Mexican helping us do anything!!!!!
    We were Americans working with Americans. Doing what needed to be done. The same American spirit lives today in Fancy Farm, KY and the surrounding areas of western Kentucky. Without Mexicans!!! Yes, there are jobs there that even Mexicans won't do. But Americans do them.
    The main reason that we have the problems of today is simply because we have so many lazy ass Americans, sitting around complaining about 'how hard it is'.
    These stupid apple orchards in Oregon can dry up and blow away for all that I care about it. I don't need their damn apples!!!!!!!!!!
    <div align="center">"IF it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight-Dial 1-800-USMC"</div>

I was born and raise on a Dairy Farm in Michigan. You can bet your ass it`s hard work. But back then no one felt sorry for the ones working on farms and the ones working on farms did`nt expect it.
    It was a way of life. Everyone in all families helped support family. It was called self employment. The roof over our heads and the food on the table was our income. I`m damn proud of it. I don`t expect the government to reimburse me.
    ------------------------

There are still 'family farms' in this country and that is what the government always touts when it wants to give subsidies, etc., as well are pretend all these illegals are working for the family farms.

The truth is that a lion's (or elephant's) share of the subsidies goes to big agribusiness and the illegals work for these big corporations. Quite often it goes to 'gentlemen farmers'.

When they talk about 'agricultural workers' - that can mean anything from Accountant, HR, to the least skilled worker. In fact, I am sure they could probably come up with some agricultural connection to justify just about any job.

Well, I do have to go cut some cabbage today, wonder what John McCain pays for cutting cabbage???

We dig potatoes next week.

I have been looking into this a little,

I visited some ag communities and they have almost zero knowledge outside of there own specific needs. I've shown some of our movements videos to them and at least a few are listening out there, but their way of life is threatened by competition long before they see any problems with nationalist issues. I can tell you this:
    We have reached out to the politicians, the communites and law enforcement in our cities. We especially pay attention to things like vote fraud, day laborers and construction/landscaping businesses when addressing our grievances. But one of the biggest enemies we have is the corporate ag interests and they are being empowered ad supported by many American farmers who have not had the issues brought into thier little towns. I am trying to arrange some communications within a few ag townships that will not be adversarial in nature. I'm fearful that if our first contact is to be a protest it will just turn us out from that point on. If we go in from an educational point with the evidence and good reasons why we are not supporting the agjobs and other amnesty bills we stand a better chance at making some headway with the base that empowers the lobby in congress. Remember one thing:
    Many of these farming families are sending thier kids to colleges that are subject to the same reconquista type mentality and discriminatory/race preference grants, and scholarships. If we can show them that they may be endangering their next generations chances at fair competition by buying into this short term solution to their labor problems we just might win some support for our cause within the ag industry.
    It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house

AG
    Corperate farming is putting all of the small farmers out of business.
    I`m with the local "Grange #589" in my community. You seem to be very educated in Agriculture. If so then you should know what the Grange represents. If not, they represent and support Husbandry, Farming and Agriculture. You can find any info, you need, current or past on their web site. www.castategrange.org or they have a national web site.
    ------------------------

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast