Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Appropriations Committee Approves Fiscal Year 2019 Homeland Security Funding Bill

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    LOL!!!No I'm not implying they do not support amnesty. I said they are all anti-illegal immigration , which mean they are not open borders, they generally want to deport illegal aliens, and they want border security to keep them out. Not all are hard-liners who want to deport people who have been allowed to be here so long that they've taken root, built lives, have children, have entire huge illegal alien families here, they belong to churches, they work jobs, often the same job for years. Some people who are anti-illegal immigration just do not think that it is fair or proper to deport those people, so they want to give them amnesty. We're hard-liners who want to deport them no matter what the circumstance is, how long they've been here, regardless of their roots, and want to kick the whole kit and caboodle of their large families out of here including their minor citizen children.
    I still don't agree that all the Republicans in the committee are anti-illegal immigration and want to deport illegal aliens.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

They're lost in words and definitions. They think "asylum" means they're desperate people in need of sanctuary, not scoundrels violating our laws. They don't see them as the lying thieving drug running con artists we know they are abusing our asylum laws.
    and you want to elect more of these R's who are lost in words and definitions?
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

Absolutely, I do. But you guys vote for your Dems. I way I see it, I'd rather have a Republican who falls off the wagon for one or more of these situations than an open borders full amnesty Democrat. I'm a Republican for more reasons than immigration. I was a Republican long before I even knew we had an illegal immigration problem. So I don't vote Republican just because of immigration, I vote Republican for lots of reasons.
    Last edited by Judy; 07-26-2018 at 03:33 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Absolutely, I do. But you guys vote for your Dems. I way I see it, I'd rather have a Republican who falls off the wagon for one or more of these situations than an open borders full amnesty Democrat. I'm a Republican for more reasons than immigration. I was a Republican long before I even knew we had an illegal immigration problem. So I don't vote Republican just because of immigration, I vote Republican for lots of reasons.
    Why do you spout such ridiculous nonsense knowing full well it's inaccurate? I've said on here repeatedly, and I know you've seen it, that I have never voted on a Democrat in over 40 years of voting. With that said though, I don't have to defend myself to you ..... I vote on whoever the hell I want, regardless of what Judy thinks!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Top committee Republicans vote for border provision WORSE than amnesty

Daniel Horowitz · July 26, 2018
    Font Size A A A

John Moore | Getty Images

We already know that most Republicans support amnesty just as passionately as Democrats, much as they support the key elements of Obamacare. We learned yesterday, in one of the most spectacular acts of perfidy ever against the citizenry of this country, that most top Republicans support open borders for the current wave of illegals as well as for the future waves, until the end of times.
    For years, conservatives have been begging House Republicans to use the power of the purse in the Department of Homeland Security appropriations bills to stand for our borders, fight sanctuary cities, defund amnesty, and block judicial tyranny on immigration. Yet no matter how brazenly Obama and the courts defied immigration law, congressional Republicans refused to ever consider defunding the lawless acts in the budget bills. Fast-forward to the Trump administration, where Attorney General Sessions has finally committed to upholding the proper letter and spirit of asylum law — and almost every Republican on a top committee voted to defund the only effective means of ending the ruination of America’s borders.
    Yesterday, the House Appropriations Committee, during a markup of the fiscal year 2019 DHS funding bill, voted to block the new USCIS guidance to properly interpret “credible fear” as fear of an individualized persecution by a government. As we noted before, this is the lynchpin of the entire border surge, and unless we properly interpret the law as written, the border surge, drugs, gangs, and all of the fiscal and social ills that come with them will never stop. Yet Rep. Kevin Yoder, R-Kan., — yes, that Kevin Yoder — gave his support to this Democrat amendment, and it passed by voice vote.
    Yoder, as chairman of the Homeland Security subcommittee, should be a warrior for the American people and law enforcement. Instead, he is a voice for illegal immigrants. He inserted numerous amendments tying the hands of DHS and giving illegals more rights. He inserted language mandating more free phone calls for illegals and more access to facilities by members of Congress so they can further agitate and hamper our brave agents.
    The entire tenor of the markup was a violation of the social compact. It’s as if the ill effects of this border surge on America — from the drugs and gangs to the crushing costs and crime — didn’t matter. He voted to push forward with an investigation of separating families when we know the entire issue is built on a lie and that many of these families self-separate.
    Amazingly, Yoder did this just a day after flying on Air Force One and receiving the endorsement of President Trump! The president “thanked” him for putting $5 billion in the bill for a border wall, but the border wall is worthless with Yoder’s asylum policy. It allows anyone to come here and simply claim a bogus fear. Then we are forced to deal with their children, release them, go through endless court cases, and lose control of our country. It is now clear that RINOs like Yoder not only want amnesty for those already here but want to ensure that the invasion continues in perpetuity.
    Almost nobody in Congress seems to care about we the people. Senator Tom Cotton was the only one who voiced his concern:
    Tom Cotton

@TomCottonAR

Why is @HouseAppropsGOP voting to undermine AG Sessions's asylum reforms & throw open our borders to fraud & crime? The amendment they adopted today is the kind of thing that will kill the DHS spending bill. I hope the full committee removes it.

7:01 PM - Jul 25, 2018

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Out of the committee members, Rep. John Carter, R-Texas, was the only one who spoke out against the provision in committee. Here are the other GOP members:

• Rodney P. Frelinghuysen, New Jersey, Chairman
    • Harold Rogers, Kentucky
    • Robert B. Aderholt, Alabama
    • Kay Granger, Texas
    • Michael K. Simpson, Idaho
    • John Abney Culberson, Texas
    • Ken Calvert, California
    • Tom Cole, Oklahoma
    • Mario Diaz-Balart, Florida
    • Tom Graves, Georgia
    • Kevin Yoder, Kansas
    • Steve Womack, Arkansas
    • Jeff Fortenberry, Nebraska
    • Thomas J. Rooney, Florida
    • Charles J. Fleischmann, Tennessee
    • Jaime Herrera Beutler, Washington
    • David P. Joyce, Ohio
    • David G. Valadao, California
    • Andy Harris, MD, Maryland
    • Martha Roby, Alabama
    • Mark E. Amodei, Nevada
    • Chris Stewart, Utah
    • David Young, Iowa
    • Evan H. Jenkins, West Virginia
    • Steven Palazzo, Mississippi
    • Dan Newhouse, Washington
    • John R. Moolenaar, Michigan
    • Scott Taylor, Virginia
    • John Rutherford, Florida

A vote for this provision is a vote for bankrupting America, ruining our schools and communities, an endless stream of MS-13 recruits, and the drug crisis about which these same members have the nerve to feign concern.
    Yoder even had the nerve to boast how the bill protects against drugs. “Cartels are trafficking $64 billion a year in drugs and people across our border — and much of it comes through one small stretch at the Rio Grande Valley,” said Yoder, ignoring the effects of his amendment. If he spoke to any border patrol agent, he’d know that the drugs are pouring in precisely because of the magnet of bogus asylum claims he is now perpetuating. As Numbers USA said in a press release, “We are astonished that Chairmen Frelinghuysen and Yoder would join with the Democrats to allow passage by voice vote of an amendment that will lead more women and children to make the dangerous journey through Mexico, putting their lives in the hands of smugglers and human traffickers who are willing to rob and rape.”
    It gets worse. The committee also passed an amendment codifying Obama’s amnesty, preventing deportations of all individuals illegally granted amnesty by Obama. Rather than defunding DACA, it defunds enforcement! And of course, no defunding of sanctuary cities.
    And remember when we said this bill is the only opportunity to block the courts from mandating open borders? The committee explicitly invited the courts back in. It passed an amendment barring ICE from paying for abortions … unless the courts say they have to! Well, the courts are the entirety of the problem. So rather than strip the courts of jurisdiction, this amendment explicitly crowns the courts king to create a right for an illegal to come here and have an abortion because her home country doesn’t permit elective abortions.
    Adding insult to injury, the committee passed several amendments by voice vote to expand and increase the number of low-skilled workers in the country.
    This party is beyond Orwellian. Then again, this is why the voters chose Trump. So where is Trump? Why is he not calling out these members, and why is he endorsing them? Doesn’t he realize that this will cripple his presidency? Where is his veto threat of any DHS bill that doesn’t do the exact opposite? Funding for 200 miles of border fence is not worth codifying DACA, promoting judicial supremacy over immigration, coddling sanctuaries, and perpetuating the bogus asylum invasion.
    If we had an informed, principled, and focused conservative movement, we’d be in the president’s ear night and day demanding that he threaten a veto to the budget and use Sec. 212(f) of the INA to shut down the border. Unlike the RINOs, he’d likely listen. But this will get no air time among the “conservative” media.

https://www.conservativereview.com/n...-than-amnesty/

LOL!! I'm wasn't talking to you.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by stoptheinvaders View Post

Amazingly, Yoder did this just a day after flying on Air Force One and receiving the endorsement of President Trump! The president “thanked” him for putting $5 billion in the bill for a border wall, but the border wall is worthless with Yoder’s asylum policy. It allows anyone to come here and simply claim a bogus fear. Then we are forced to deal with their children, release them, go through endless court cases, and lose control of our country. It is now clear that RINOs like Yoder not only want amnesty for those already here but want to ensure that the invasion continues in perpetuity.

https://www.conservativereview.com/n...-than-amnesty/
    One day after flying on Air Force One
    One day after receiving the endorsement of President Trump

Think about that!

Whoa!! It's not Republican Yoder's Amendment on Asylum. It's Democrat Price's Amendment on Asylum. Why aren't you/they attacking Democrat Price??!!

We're hard-liners who want to deport them no matter what the circumstance is, how long they've been here, regardless of their roots, and want to kick the whole kit and caboodle of their large families out of here including their minor citizen children.
    Calling yourself/we/ me hardliners is falling for the left's play book.
    We are not the hardliners, that would be those who want Ice Abolished, open borders, sanctuary cities and states, and criminals not separated from their children.
    The left has controlled the language for years, and millions have been brainwashed from it.

Whoa!! It's not Republican Yoder's Amendment on Asylum. It's Democrat Price's Amendment on Asylum. Why aren't you/they attacking Democrat Price??!!
    Is that a serious question? or just another attempt to deflect?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast