Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Appropriations Committee Approves Fiscal Year 2019 Homeland Security Funding Bill

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by stoptheinvaders View Post
    One day after flying on Air Force One
    One day after receiving the endorsement of President Trump

Think about that!
    Yep, regardless of what may or may not have happened in their conversation, it sounds like a deal was made between the two. You give me 5 billion for my wall and I'll support whatever else you want to include in the bill! I'm convinced Trump is willing to trade the whole farm for one solitary cow ...... ridiculous.

I'm starting to believe AG Jeff Sessions is really the only one that wants to correct the asylum and illegal immigration mess we're suffering through!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Whoa!! It's not Republican Yoder's Amendment on Asylum. It's Democrat Price's Amendment on Asylum. Why aren't you/they attacking Democrat Price??!!
    Please ...... because we expect it from the Democrats! However, supporting it is not something we expect to see the Republicans do. Geez, I'm surprised you would even ask such a ludicrous question.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm a hardliner and most of the people I've posted with here at ALIPAC all these years are hardliners by our own terms, because we draw a hard line on illegal immigration, not because of "the left's playbook". We want no exceptions, no mercy, no sob stories, no excuses, we want secure borders and deportations swift and simple if you are in this country in violation of US immigration law.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Please ...... because we expect it from the Democrats! However, supporting it is not something we expect to see the Republicans do. Geez, I'm surprised you would even ask such a ludicrous question.
    This is your new personal strategy? To attack Republicans for something a Democrat did? To attack Trump for something he had nothing to do with?

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by stoptheinvaders View Post
    Is that a serious question? or just another attempt to deflect?
    Let me phrase it differently and more directly, is your objective to help Republicans win the mid-terms in November or lose the mid-terms in November?

Absolutely, I do. But you guys vote for your Dems. I way I see it, I'd rather have a Republican who falls off the wagon for one or more of these situations than an open borders full amnesty Democrat. I'm a Republican for more reasons than immigration. I was a Republican long before I even knew we had an illegal immigration problem. So I don't vote Republican just because of immigration, I vote Republican for lots of reasons.
    As for me, I will NOT be voting for a Republican simply because they pretend to be a Republician, but stab the voters and the country in the back once elected.
    You do know why they do this don't you.
    It is because the voters keep making excuses for them, and keep voting for them even when they are as guilty of destroying the country as the D's are---examples
    they voted for it because their kids grew up with the people we want to deport
    they voted for it because of their donors
    Trump shouldn't prosecute Hillary because they are friends
    As long as the voters make excuses for them, they will never change.
    They need to be held accountable, but as long as we have the cheerleading section, cheering on everything they do, expect more of the same.
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

MW
    This is your new personal strategy? To attack Republicans for something a Democrat did? To attack Trump for something he had nothing to do with?
    It's not a strategy, it's a statement of fact.

To be quite honest, I'm shocked that you are defending the Republicans for supporting the Price amendment. An amendment that broadens the definition of "credible fear" to include domestic violence and gang violence. Two things that Jeff Sessions removed as qualifying criteria to reduce asylum claims. Isn't that what we want? You're logic here is counter to what we want to accomplish.

Defending Trump and the Republicans when they lurch counter to ALIPAC mission is what you call a good strategy?

You're free of course to vote for Dems and see where that takes you. I think our best chance is to Vote Republican in 2018 and do as well as we can, then see how it all lines up with votes and what is possible in 2019. That's just my opinion.
    If putting an "R" by your name convinces you that they are conservative, we are doomed. I want representatives who don't block vote, but try to vote the way their constituency would want them to vote.

Plus, not all the Republicans on the committee are anti-DACA or anti-Asylum like we are.
    And that helps how?

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    They're all anti-illegal immigration but some have reasons for supporting some things that we oppose because of their religion or the make-up of their districts or their kids grew up with the people we want to deport, or donors, etc., etc., so some aren't "hard-liners" like we are.
    So they are preferable to a Democrat who is a hard-liner against an invasion by DACA and asylum seekers, as long as they have an "R" by their name?

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    It's not a strategy, it's a statement of fact.

To be quite honest, I'm shocked that you are defending the Republicans for supporting the Price amendment. An amendment that broadens the definition of "credible fear" to include domestic violence and gang violence. Two things that Jeff Sessions removed as qualifying criteria to reduce asylum claims. Isn't that what we want? You're logic here is counter to what we want to accomplish.

Defending Trump and the Republicans when they lurch counter to ALIPAC mission is what you call a good strategy?
    If your goal is for Republicans to win the mid-terms, absolutely!! Obviously if your goal is for Republicans to lose the mid-terms, then you would attack Trump and the Republicans for everything you can come up with. It just depends on what your goal is, seems to me.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast