Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Appropriations Committee Approves Fiscal Year 2019 Homeland Security Funding Bill

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    That said, the funds approved are very different from what the administration requested. The mostly non-immigration part of ICE, Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), is given about 17 percent more funding than the administration requested, while Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO), which handles deportations, is given 19 percent less than requested.

It just keeps getting worse.
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by stoptheinvaders View Post
    It just keeps getting worse.
    I guess it's obvious that removing illegals wasn't a priority for the committee.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It’s not clear to me why Representative Yoder, as Homeland Security subcommittee chairman, orchestrated this fiasco. He actually has a respectable career immigration gradefrom Numbers USA of B+; not as good as Ted Cruz’s A+ but better than John Cornyn’s C+. And, for including wall funding, Yoder was effusively endorsed by President Trump and rewarded with a ride on Air Force One — and the next day he sabotaged the president’s immigration agenda.
    He sabotaged what the president pretended to be his agenda.

Rep. Kevin YoderVerified account @RepKevinYoder 1h1 hour agoMore

Three quick things on my DHS Funding Bill that passed this week:

23 replies26 retweets47 likes
    Retweet

Rep. Kevin YoderVerified account @RepKevinYoder 1h1 hour agoMore

Three quick things on my DHS Funding Bill that passed this week:

23 replies26 retweets47 likes
    Retweet

Some replies to Yoder's Twitter

Trying to walk it all back??? We read what you are trying to do. Don't lie. It's all there in black & white- But We The People are not going to let this go forward. As Patriots we've stopped crap like this before & we'll do again #CloseTheBorder #NoAmnesty

you secretly inserted HR392 to give away greencard to millions of cheap & fraud indian H1b's, and you haven't mentioned here. ABUSING H1B SYSTEM IS ILLEGAL. How can u betray people who voted u. U want ur dirty and bribed money to be in secret? #VoteYoderOut #nohr392

Can we meet in person while you are on your 5 week vacation? At an open to the public town hall meeting? You haven't held one for 814 days.

One quick thing on your upcoming election: ¡Hasta la vista!

Thanks for spelling out clearly who your loyalty lay with & it’s not #WeThePeople of Kansas but with the #TreasonousTrump . I get it you like the cushy gig and admire you don’t hide how you are bought and paid for by the @GOP & #SpecialInterest ..That’s why #VoteBlue you gotta go

You voted for the daca crap by voice vote. Kansas now hates you unanimously.

Last edited by stoptheinvaders; 07-27-2018 at 07:26 PM.

Kevin Yoder didn't take an American Citizen to the State of the Union. He took Sunayana Dumala who faced deportation after her husband's death. She had been in the US for 10 years.

Sunayana Dumala (center) drew praise during Trump’s State of the Union as a symbol of immigration rights in the U.S. She is photographed with Reps. Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii and Kevin Yoder of Kansas — both of whom have advocated for immigration reform.

LOCAL

Sunayana Dumala of Olathe becomes symbol of hope for immigrants at State of the Union

BY MAX LONDBERG
    jlondberg@kcstar.com
    January 30, 2018 11:23 PM
    Updated January 31, 2018 12:33 AM

Sunayana Dumala of Olathe became a symbol of hope and positivity for fellow immigrantsand immigration advocates while attending President Donald Trump’s State of the Union address on Tuesday.

Minutes before Trump’s speech began, the widow of Srinivas Kuchibhotla, who was killed nearly a year ago in a suspected hate crime at Austins Bar & Grill in Olathe, was recognized by Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard on Twitter.

“Despite the darkness and hatred that took her husband’s life, Sunayana continues to be a shining light for immigrants by sharing her powerful story w/ love, positivity, & Aloha,” Gabbard wrote. “I’m looking forward to continuing to support her, & elevate her voice as we work toward long overdue immigration reform.”

Gabbard posted a photo standing next to Dumala and Kansas Rep. Kevin Yoder, an Overland Park Republican. Yoder has become an advocate for high-skilled immigrants like Dumala, who faced an uncertain future in the U.S. after she lost her husband.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article197536584.html

Last edited by stoptheinvaders; 07-27-2018 at 08:20 PM.

Yoder is lead sponsor of a bill that could speed up permanent-resident status of well-educated immigrants from India, China and other highly populated nations now facing strict limits on their access to green cards.

As we begin to debate the future of DACA, I want to highlight another injustice in our broken immigration system:https://t.co/ylQyXR6tax
    — Rep. Kevin Yoder (@RepKevinYoder) September 6, 2017

There are more than 1M immigrants who have come to the US the right way – through the legal process – who are pursuing the American Dream.

I’m fighting to pass a fix to this injustice, my bill HR 392 called the Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act.https://t.co/ylQyXR6tax

https://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article172037307.html

MW
    Yoder is lead sponsor of a bill that could speed up permanent-resident status of well-educated immigrants from India, China and other highly populated nations now facing strict limits on their access to green cards.

As we begin to debate the future of DACA, I want to highlight another injustice in our broken immigration system:https://t.co/ylQyXR6tax

There are more than 1M immigrants who have come to the US the right way – through the legal process – who are pursuing the American Dream.

I’m fighting to pass a fix to this injustice, my bill HR 392 called the Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act.https://t.co/ylQyXR6tax

https://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article172037307.html
    I recommend everyone go to Yoder's facebook page and let him know what you think!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I recommend everyone go to Yoder's facebook page and let him know what you think!
    and his Twitter

and

OFFICE LOCATIONS

WASHINGTON, DC

2433 Rayburn

Washington, DC 20515
    Phone: (202) 225-2865
    Hours: 9am - 6pm ET

OVERLAND PARK

7325 W. 79th St.

Overland Park, KS 66204
    Phone: (913) 621-0832