Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Arizona Goes Nationwide as States and Cities

Arizona Goes Nationwide as States and Cities See Slew of Proposed Laws Regulating Immigration
    Most state immigration bills focus on law enforcement, meaning anything from border security to cooperation with ICE.
    January 19, 2011 |

Petitions by Change.org|Get Widget|Start a Petition �

If the first two weeks of this month are any indication, 2011 is going to be a headline-grabbing year for immigration legislation. On January 5, timed to coincide with the first day of work for the 112th Congress, a group of Republican state lawmakers let loose a fierce battle cry, promising to force the question of birthright U.S. citizenship for the children of undocumented immigrant parents all the way up to the Supreme Court.

On the heels of recent Republican election victories, a new report by the National Immigration Forum predicts that there are seven states with the right combination of conservative legislatures and governors to pass copycat SB 1070 legislation this year: Georgia, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Mississippi, Nebraska and Tennessee. The first four in that list, plus Arizona, will be pushing anti-birthright citizenship bills as well.

Most, if not all, of these controversial initiatives will be immediately challenged by civil liberties groups, and are expected to be blocked by the courts. So in the short term, they are largely symbolic, but that doesn’t mean they won’t have repercussions.

“I’m not worried that the Constitution is going to be turned upside down by anti-immigration, proponents but I am worried about how the language being used can be harmful,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    I feel every Law Enforcement person should be enrolled in 287g programs so that he or she can work with ICE and help to rid the community of illegals. Currently Law enforcement in cities are not willing to take on the arrest of illegals as it may cause a riot or at least local unrest in the community. It will take large scale operations and sweeps by coordinated agencies to do them hitting commmunity by community. Also like in the case of the Mexican restaurant, when an audit is done ,yes fine the company if they knowingly hire illegals but those illegals and their families that are found need to be deported quickly and not given time to flee the area or be sheltered by the latino community.