Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Arnold Schwarzenegger's Reply

I just received this today from our governor of California. Arnold appears to be one of those who has also confused "illegal" with "legal" when dealing with immigration. He appears to be tough (We know otherwise) about securing the border, but fails to address the 5-10 million illegals who are already here living in California.

I guess in his mind, if they can make it past the border unscathed, they are home free and no longer considered illegal, but welcomed immigrants, entitled to benefit from "comprehensive immigration reform," (AKA amnesty).

Oh, those who enter this country in violation of our Federal immigration laws are not "immigrants." I think I will reply to Arnold and remind him of that distinction...

Thank you for your e-mail regarding illegal immigration. As an immigrant, I can identify with the desire to come to this country. While growing up, I had a dream to come to America. Since then, I have seen firsthand that the United States – a nation of immigrants and a nation of laws – is the most generous nation in the world. But our generosity toward people who want to immigrate to America and work hard cannot come at the expense of securing our international borders.

The federal government's failure to pass comprehensive immigration reform legislation is a reality we live with everyday in our schools, workplaces and hospitals. We can no longer ignore this issue or try to solve the problem at the margins. We need federal action that secures our border, protects taxpayers and creates a forward-looking policy to meet the labor needs of our economy.

To address the root of the problem, I committed nearly 1,000 California National Guard troops – as part of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Operation Jump Start – to help secure our southern border in June 2006. This unprecedented deployment of troops – the largest commitment of any state in the nation – has been instrumental in assisting the U.S. Border Patrol in the seizure of more than 250,000 pounds of narcotics, the apprehension of 124,000 undocumented immigrants and the training of 2,900 new agents. The Guard’s presence has returned Border Patrol agents to the border, allowing them to perform their law enforcement duties.

These combined efforts have had tremendous success in reducing illegal border crossings and limiting the influx of narcotics and human trafficking. Operation Jump Start is scheduled to end in July 2008, but the operational objective is only half complete: fewer than 3,000 of 6,000 new Border Patrol agents have been added to the force. In addition, as Secretary Chertoff has acknowledged, the goal of recruiting, training and positioning 3,000 additional federal agents along the southwest border will take at least until the end of calendar year 2008. That is why I have offered the support of the California National Guard to maintain security at the border and ensure a smooth transition until these new federal agents have adequate operational control.

I also called on our nation’s officials to attack the problem, not the people, by crafting a comprehensive immigration policy. I support efforts to ensure that our businesses have the employees they need but have been unable to find in our existing workforce and that immigrants are treated with the respect they deserve. While I oppose amnesty, I support a common-sense temporary worker program so that every person in our nation is documented.

Immigration is an important issue that affects California, and I thank you for writing. I truly appreciate your commitment to the future of our Golden State.

Sincerely,

Arnold Schwarzenegger
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Rather than being a true leader, Arnold is more concerned with being popular and appeasing his corporate funders. This is what he fails to understand and why his legacy will be judged accordingly.

It's obvious California does not need "comprehensive reform" (i.e., mass amnesty); what it needs is enforcement of laws and an end to sanctuary policies that have led to deteriorating schools, overpopulation, middle class flight, and a fraying infrastructure.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I got something similar today myself. I sent him the article on SC bill just signed by their governor. Its the toughest anti-illegal immigration bill signed so far. SO ARNEY got it all today in another email.

Let's bombard his office with this information and send it to our address books.

In my book , he's been a huge dissapointment in leadership .
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

A little something i found on Arnold . Just look at the sercuity he travels with . He's a Governor for Gods sake . He must feel awfully guilty bout a lot of things for that many guards .
    This is a little of topic but does show Arnold to be a classless lair
    http://tinyurl.com/5gg4qy
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

Can someone please explain to me how giving amnesty to 20 million people will solve the problems in the schools, hospitals etc? The kids will still need educating and people will still get sick and use the hospitals. Oh and will legalisation bring about miraculous reform of the criminal element among these new 'citizens'? This has been puzzling me for a while and I really fail to see any logic.

Quote Originally Posted by scottiemum
    Can someone please explain to me how giving amnesty to 20 million people will solve the problems in the schools, hospitals etc? The kids will still need educating and people will still get sick and use the hospitals. Oh and will legalisation bring about miraculous reform of the criminal element among these new 'citizens'? This has been puzzling me for a while and I really fail to see any logic.
    Your right scottie. Those who advocate on behalf of the pro-illegal invaders have rarely if ever used sound logic when presenting their arguments in favor of amnesty.

I suspect it's because there really is no logical argument to be made in support of giving amnesty to some 20-30 million scoflaws who entered this country in violation of Federal immigration law.

Instead, they declare our immigration system as "broken" and in need of "comprehensive immigration reform", AKA amnesty. Those who support enforcement are labeled as xenaphobes, racists, haters, etc.

That's their idea of "logic" when discussing this issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Rather than being a true leader, Arnold is more concerned with being popular and appeasing his corporate funders. This is what he fails to understand and why his legacy will be judged accordingly.

It's obvious California does not need "comprehensive reform" (i.e., mass amnesty); what it needs is enforcement of laws and an end to sanctuary policies that have led to deteriorating schools, overpopulation, middle class flight, and a fraying infrastructure.
    Couldn't have said it better Populist.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I received the same response(exact words) from Arnold 2years ago.!
    It's been updated.
    ------------------------

Governor Schwarzenneger is just another "girlyman" for greedy big business!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast