Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Is Arnold Terminating Common Sense in CA's Budget Crisis

Is Arnold Terminating Common Sense in California's Budget Crisis
    Saturday, 22 December 2007
    By John W. Lillpop

Can sleeping with a Kennedy wipe out one's conservative DNA? How about sleeping with a Kennedy AND having a gay chief of staff named Susan Kennedy?

This seemingly impertinent query is posed in light of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's curious proposal to release as many as 20,000 "non-serious, non-violent" prisoners in order to stave off a budget deficit that is $14 billion, and counting.

An even more urgent question haunts one's fiduciary consciousness: Why in the hell has California spent even a nickel to house, fed, and provide medical care for 20,000 people whose indiscretions are so benign as to not be worth punishing?
    In other words, why imprison these people to begin with? As a political pay back to the prison guard unions, perhaps?

Assuming that most, if not all, of the inmates are in prison for good and proper cause, why are California's lawmakers and governor not considering other cuts in spending such as these:

1. Illegal aliens are estimated to cost the state $10.5 billion each year! Why not cut all public services to those not in the U.S. legally?

WND:http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=42474

2. California legislators are the highest paid in the nation, at an average of more than $110,000 per year. Whatever happened to service and community spirit? Replaced by greed and crass opportunism?

3. Regulatory meddling in every aspect of life is driving businesses and middle class folks out of California. Productive citizens are being replaced by freeloaders and scam artists from south of our border.

California does not need to release any prisoners in order to balance the state budget.

We do, however, need responsible governance when it comes to illegal aliens, excessive regulation, and the salaries of elected leaders!
    http://liberalismisinsanity.blogspot.co ... se-in.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is looking at the future of every US state. They will drop one by one.

Banned
    Yet not one story on this that I've seen is

putting any part of the blame on illegals

I seen Arnold declared a "State of Emergency"
    I can only guess the reason for this was to get FEDERAL HELP!
    Sure, why not get the REST of America to foot the Bill for California Legislators IGNORANCE!
    I'm a taxpayer from South Dakota...And I do NOT want my Tax Dollars going to CA!!!! (especially San Fran.)
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

You got yourself into it Arnold, get yourself out of it without my money!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

POST OF THE DAY

jsc wrote on Dec 21, 2007 11:01 PM:

Since NC Times printed Camarota's article, printing Cornelius' article would be giving "equal time" to a different viewpoint. I agree with about 90% of Camarota's figures and 10% of Cornelius'. The reason? I have worked 40 years here, 28 in private industry, 10 in social services (Medi-Cal), 2 in public schools. Call it like it is: whether it's food stamps, Medi-Caid, subsidized housing, WIC, cash aid, Earned Income Credit, SSI, etc. it's all welfare. It's about one person receiving something for nothing that a taxpayer ultimately pays for. California provides more benefits to illegal aliens than required by federal assistance program guidelines. We must pay for pregnant illegal aliens' childbirths. California decided to pay for prenatal care as well, justifying it by saying that since the babies will be U.S. citizens, we should do everything possible to ensure their well being. The solution is simple! Deny citizenship to babies born to illegal aliens! If that is too difficult to pass, then just don't allow an illegal alien to be the payee on a cash aid or food stamps case. Vendor pay the rent, utilities, etc.directly to the provider. Give them coupons for clothes at Goodwill or Salvation Army. Restrict food item choice on food stamp BICs--no junk food. No cash whatsoever. Then when the lying clients , claim to earn only $300 a month to support their family of 5, who claim to live alone, but share the rent with 20 others, who sell their Medi-Cal cards for $600 to other illegals (then request a replacement card), trade food stamps for ? etc. find they aren't living the lifestyle they want, maybe they'll go home. La Raza, ACLU, Southern Law Poverty Center, etc. are trying to perpetuate a myth dating to the 50's and 60's where the hard working Mexican or other alien comes across the border to work. The majority of men who come alone to the U.S. do work, and don't receive aid. But those who bring their families with them or create new families here definitely receive far more in benefits than they provide in taxes or economic productivity. I would rather pay more for my produce and meat, restaurant meals, hotel stays, etc., than to subsidize welfare of any type to illegal aliens. When I worked in the Escondido office, most of my Medi-Cal clients were Spanish speaking. About 45% were amnesty aliens from 1986-ish, about 50% were illegal aliens, a few were sex slave trafficking or domestic violence victims who were given 1 year stays; about 4% were law abiding immigrants who filled out the paperwork and waited their turn. Illegal aliens, amnesty aliens are a drain on our economy. I support increasing the quotas dramatically to allow more legal immigration, especially amongst skilled or educated or English speaking immigrants, as well as immigrants willing to work in agriculture for a minimum of 5 years or other fields where we have a labor shortage. Legal immigrants only!! Fill out the paperwork and wait your turn!

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/12 ... _15_07.txt

Immigration study misleading, negative

He is going to pass the health care bill----which will include health care for all illegals!!

All of the illegals from Arizona will now head to California!!

Plus, the people who are actually making money and contributing to the economy are moving out faster and at higher percentages than those who are moving in!!!

California would have been lost a LONG time ago----if it wasn't for the Hollywood money that is in the state.

If Tony Villarosa is elected as mayor of LA again----California will be lost----as he then plans to run for governor and the idiot mayor of San Francisco plans on running for governor as well. Either of these two win---California will officially turn into part of Mexico.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Just two days ago the San Jose Merc ran two front page articles. One said that the job deficit is fixing itself - more jobs are being created since the dot-com bust than ever before and there is no longer a population drop as in previous years (more were leaving than arriving). The other one stated that Santa Clara county now beat out even LA county in the number of foreigners moving in. I think there is a clear relation, and what I got from it is that what little growth we experience here is basically given to foreigners. They were going to tear down a beloved family bowling center last year to build a high-rise for H1Bs - too many to house now - but I guess the land price was too high. Thank God for small victories but the war seems lost. We get it from both sides of the foreign tsunami here, legal and illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by sofedup
    Just two days ago the San Jose Merc ran two front page articles. One said that the job deficit is fixing itself - more jobs are being created since the dot-com bust than ever before and there is no longer a population drop as in previous years (more were leaving than arriving). The other one stated that Santa Clara county now beat out even LA county in the number of foreigners moving in. I think there is a clear relation, and what I got from it is that what little growth we experience here is basically given to foreigners. They were going to tear down a beloved family bowling center last year to build a high-rise for H1Bs - too many to house now - but I guess the land price was too high. Thank God for small victories but the war seems lost. We get it from both sides of the foreign tsunami here, legal and illegal.
    I don't know if you are in LA......

But the citizens of LA MUST do everything possible to make sure that Toilet Tony is not reelected!!!

They must start supporting Walter Moore and getting his info out there to gain more support!!

American Patrol endorses/supports him and so does Terry Anderson----so he is definitely the right person for the job!!

http://web.mac.com/waltermoore/WalterMo ... /Home.html
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

More flee state than move in

Population is up thanks to births and foreign immigrants, but rest of U.S. isn't California dreamin' like it was.

By Sharon Bernstein and Paloma Esquivel, Los Angeles Times Staff Writers
    December 20, 2007 [/color][/color]

"California's population continued to grow modestly in the last fiscal year despite a significant exodus of residents to other states, according to a state report released Wednesday.

The annual study by the Department of Finance showed that 89,000 more people moved out of California than moved here from elsewhere in the United States. California's population did grow in fiscal 2007 -- but the growth rested on births and the arrival of more than 200,000 immigrants from other countries."

Cont'd through link..........

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...ck=8&cset=true

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast