Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Arrests were made through Sunday morning in Arlington,

121 arrested in North Texas gang roundup

06:51 PM CDT on Monday, July 23, 2007
    http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/w ... ead31.html
    Associated Press

DALLAS - Federal agents and local police rounded up 121 members of street gangs during a series of coordinated raids in North Texas cities, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement announced Monday.

More than half of the arrests were for criminal charges. The others were taken into custody on administrative, or immigration, violations, said ICE spokesman Carl Rusnok.

They represented members of 27 gangs, including the Asian Boyz, Latin Kings, Eastside Locos, Northside Locos, Westside 12, 18th St., 28th St., Love Field Players, Mexican Mafia and MS-13.

Some of the gang members illegally in the country have already been returned to their home countries or are being processed for deportation. Others are being prosecuted for re-entering the United States following deportation, said John Chakwin Jr., special agent in charge of the Office of Investigations for ICE in Dallas.

Those arrested during the seven-day operation also included 45 U.S. citizens with pending charges, ICE said.

"Working in close partnership with federal and local law enforcement agencies, we removed from our communities many fugitive criminals and violent street gang members," Chakwin said.

Arrests were made through Sunday morning in Arlington, Irving, Fort Worth, Dallas, Gainesville and Wichita Falls with the help of police in each city. Farmers Branch police, the FBI, Federal Bureau of Prisons, Drug Enforcement Administration, U.S. Attorney's Office for the Northern District of Texas and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives also participated, ICE said.

The arrests came as part of Operation Community Shield, a national initiative targeting gangs. It was launched more than two years ago after federal officials identified the MS-13 gang, or Mara Salvatrucha, as one of the largest and most violent in the country. Federal officials found many of that gang's members were foreign-born, were in the country illegally or had criminal convictions. Some were involved in crimes the brought them under the scrutiny of ICE.

Those arrested under the operation are either removed from the country or prosecuted criminally, making the eligible for deportation if they are not U.S. citizens. To date, the federal initiative has yielded more than 4,500 members of 532 gangs, ICE said.

Way to go!!! Keep Texas clean...deport a criminal!
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

and now comes the crying from those people these gang members are family of.
    im glad that this happened and hope it keeps happening more often in north texas.
    Time to clean house and get rid of s*** like this

This ought to rile the ACLU. They love to stick up for criminals instead of the American people.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That is good -

I was under the impression that Arlington was a sanctuary city - maybe not declared, but the Mayor had made some speech to that effect.

These gangs scare me.

I have been trying to find a site that shows some of the gang tatoos. I found one, but not many tatoos.

In a restaurant in a small town, I saw two Mexican men, both with the same tatoo. It was a large dagger on the inner forearm. For some reason, it just caught my attention. One man was fairly young, 20's, the other was older, 40's/50's.

There are 100's of gang member tatoos at this site........you can enlarge photos by clicking on them.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q ... a=N&tab=wi

We need more stories like this. Thanks for sharing this. It's coming your way New Haven. Can't wait to hear from you in about two years. LOL

Thanks, ncByrd

I didn't see the tatoo I noticed on the men, but 'ugh' my stomach is turning. Tatoos affect me that way.

OK Maryland is next........

w00t! this is the second time in three months theres been a raid here... keep em coming ICE!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast