Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Article Five of the United States Constitution

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.

Why hasn't anyone started a grass roots organizing effort to convene a Convention with the express purpose of mandating enforcement of the immigration laws and mandating english as the national language? While our members of congress may be too scared to touch this issue what about the states?

Personally I would like to see an ammendment that states that only people born in the US to people here legally could be granted citizenship.

Just a thought thrown out for discussion.
    Sheriff Joe Arpaio - A Real American Hero

There was an article on here last week about a senator or Rep can't Remember, that is trying to get enough states together to invoke article 5 and go around this government to enforce immigration.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Tony, Senator Glenn McConnell has started this.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=87280
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

AH, thanks Sippy!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

dangers of calling a 2nd constitutional convention!

Quote Originally Posted by tonyhemp

Why hasn't anyone started a grass roots organizing effort to convene a Convention with the express purpose of mandating enforcement of the immigration laws and mandating english as the national language? While our members of congress may be too scared to touch this issue what about the states?

Personally I would like to see an ammendment that states that only people born in the US to people here legally could be granted citizenship.

Just a thought thrown out for discussion.

Be very, very careful of what you ask for, a constitutional convention , once convened, cannot be limited to one particular issue! In addition, Madison explains why convening another constitutional convention would be a very dangerous idea.

Letters of Delegates to Congress: Volume 25 March 1, 1788-December 31, 1789

James Madison to George Turberville
    Dear Sir N. York Novr. 2. 1788.

Your favor of the 20th Ult. not having got into my hands in time to be acknowledged by the last mail, I have now the additional pleasure of acknowledging along with it your favor of the 24 which I recd. yesterday.(1)

You wish to know my sentiments on the project of another general Convention as suggested by New York. I shall give them to you with great frankness, though I am aware they may not coincide with those in fashion at Richmond or even with your own.(2) I am not of the number if there be any such, who think the Constitution, lately adopted, a faultless work. On the Contrary there are amendments wch. I wished it to have received before it issued from the place in which it was formed. These amendments I still think ought to be made according to the apparent sense of America, and some of them at least I presume will be made. There are others, concerning which doubts are entertained by many, and which have both advocates and opponents on each side of the main question. These I think ought to receive the light of actual experiment, before it would be prudent to admit them into the Constitution. With respect to the first class, the only question is which of the two modes provided be most eligible for the discussion and adoption of them. The objections agst. a Convention which give a preference to the other mode in my judgment are the following. 1. It will add to the difference among the States on the merits, another and an unnecessary difference concerning the mode. There are amendments which in themselves will probably be agreed to by all the States, and pretty certainly by the requisite proportion of them. If they be contended for in the mode of a Convention, there are unquestionably a number of States who will be so averse and apprehensive as to the mode, that they will reject the merits rather than agree to the mode. A convention therefore does not appear to be the most convenient or probable channel for getting to the object. 2. A convention cannot be called without the unanimous consent of the parties who are to be bound by it, if first principles are to be recurred to; or without the previous application of of the State legislatures, if the forms of the Constitution are to be pursued. The difficulties in either of these cases must evidently be much greater than will attend the origination of amendments in Congress, which may be done at the instance of a single State Legislature, or even without a single instruction on the subject. 3. If a General Convention were to take place for the avowed and sole purpose of revising the Constitution, it would naturally consider itself as having a greater latitude than the Congress appointed to administer and support as well as to amend the system; it would consequently give greater agitation to the public mind; an election into it would be courted by the most violent partizans on both sides; it wd. probably consist of the most heterogeneous characters; would be the very focus of that flame which has already too much heated men of all parties; would no doubt contain individuals of insidious views, who under the mask of seeking alterations popular in some parts but inadmissible in other parts of the Union might have a dangerous opportunity of sapping the very foundationsof the fabric. Under all these circumstances it seems scarcely to be presumeable that the deliberations of the body could be conducted in harmony, or terminate in the general good. Having witnessed the difficulties and dangers experienced by the first Convention which assembled under every propitious circumstance, I should tremble for the result of a Second, meeting in the present temper of America, and under all the disadvantages I have mentioned. 4. It is not unworthy of consideration that the prospect of a second Convention would be viewed by all Europe as a dark and threatening Cloud hanging over the Constitution just established, and perhaps over the Union itself; and wd. therefore suspend at least the advantages this great event has promised us on that side. It is a well known fact that this event has filled that quarter of the Globe with equal wonder and veneration, that its influence is already secretly but powerfully working in favor of liberty in France, and it is fairly to be inferred that the final event there may be materially affected by the prospect of things here. We are not sufficiently sensible of the importance of the example which this Country may give to the world: nor sufficiently attentive to the advantages we may reap from the late reform, if we avoid bringg. it into danger. The last loan in Holland and that alone, saved the U.S. from Bankruptcy in Europe; and that loan was obtained from a belief that the Constitution then depending wd. be certainly speedily, quietly, and finally established, & by that means put America into a permanent capacity to discharge with honor & punctuality all her engagements.
    I am Dr. Sir, Yours Js. Madison Jr
    In any event, contrary to popular belief, perhaps because of a vast amount of misinformation, let me assure you A child born to a foreign national while on U.S. soil is not granted U.S. citizenship by our Constitution. I provided the background and documentation on this issue in my post titled
    anchor baby myth

[quote]

Let us apply the most fundamental rule of constitutional law to the Anchor Baby nonsense. What is the legislative intent of the 14th Amendment as applied to the following words?

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.

The key words above are “and subject to the jurisdiction thereofâ€

Welcome to alipac "johnwk" Thanks for joining us at alipac.

Thank you for posting all this valuable information, I can see what you mean about be careful what you ask for!

And the anchor baby issue we really needs to get changed, they just seem to have us scrambling everyday as to which problem to work on first. One thing I know for sure is we can not let these 35 million people get amesty, and we must make sure they are not voteing in our elections.

I see these illegals as the main threat to inplementing the North American Union and it must be stopped at all costs or we mine as well kiss the constitution goodby.

Thanks for your posting, I really enjoyed reading it!