Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Asleep At The Switch - Editorial

UPDATE: Originally the beginning of this post mentioned that our local papers failed to give a balanced and equitable opportunity for both sides to be expressed. Since that time, this article has been published by the Star-Herald paper of Scottsbluff on May 7, 2006. I'm leaving their contact information following the article in hopes that many of you will call to thank them for providing an "equitable and fair opportunity for all sides of the immigration debate".

COPYRIGHT NOTICE: The following article may be copied and published in any additional forum or printed matter, by anyone who so desires. The editorial is being made available to the public under the condition that it is printed as shown below with no modifications and with the author credit in the form of the name following the editorial. Other than these restrictions, distribute widely!!

EDITORIAL START

Asleep At the Switch

As a concerned veteran, I can't help but to be alarmed at just how apathetic we've become on the current invasion of illegal aliens. Have we not learned our lesson from September 11, 2001? We continue to fail when it comes to putting our government to work on border security! Remember, those who attacked the World Trade Center weren't legal citizens.

The government only estimates the number of those who are here illegally. They don't know how many are here for sure. They don't even know what they're doing! If anyone can simply walk right through our borders undetected - the next event we could experience is a tractor-trailer carrying a nuclear warhead right into the heart of one of our largest cities. Is this the way we want our borders being handled? God forbid!

I have seen demonstrations by illegal aliens flooding our city streets chanting “La Raza” and “Viva Aztlan!” meaning “The Race” and “Live Aztlan!” Aztlan is a militant push from South of the border to turn our border states and California into a new nation which Mexican extremists say are stolen lands and that they are taking them back asking us to go back to Europe. When a friend of mine sent me a video taken at one of the rallies in California, the main speaker shown in that video blurted into the microphone “It is time to take back our nation. We are in a civil war” I was galvanized and entered into this hot debate.

Since when did it become ok for a group of illegal aliens to declare war on our homeland? Since when did it become ok for our government and media to disregard such threats? And since when did it become ok for our governing body to ignore these war cries and chants while offering amnesty? They want our states as a new nation called Aztlan!

I think the people of our nation had better wake up and start driving this train. It is frighteningly obvious that the train master is asleep at the switch.

Editorial by Kurt D. Schanaman of Scottsbluff, Nebraska
    Published under Public Domain. This editorial may be distributed without permission as long as it is distributed in original form and contains this copyright tag at the bottom. All fair-use policy applies.

EDITORIAL END

Printed on May 7, 2006 by:

Star Herald
    1405 Broadway
    Scottsbluff, NE 69361
    308-632-9000
    Dept: Letters to the Editor
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

the only way the media and Congress will really take notice is if Washington, D.C., becomes a target of violence in the streets -- it's okay if it's in your backyard, but they are 'special' ... federal judges petitioned Congress for $12 million for HOME SECURITY because they were afraid of the American people -- Ted Kennedy favored it because these good people were living in fear -- even though personal home security is a private matter, not a national or political one
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

I do understand home security - very, very well. And I do agree that it is very much a personal obligation upon which I most certainly do "perform". And when home security is circumvented, there is the matter of my personal choices in defense against any intruder. But since I enjoy the element of surprise, I leave it to the intruder to find out for him/her self.

It doesn't take $12 Million for home defense. A mere $300 is all it takes.

Pro Patri Vigilans!

Death to Aztlan!!

is it easy to replace a system by yourself?
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

No, I have "tools" I use. They are my companions. I don't have to do it all by myself

Not sure I understood your question completely though Mamie. You ask if it's easy to replace a system by yourself. Depends on the circumstances and size of the area the "system" is meant to provide for.

Did you mean a system in the micro sense of the term, or the macro sense of the term?

Please explain...

Pro Patri Vigilans!

Death to Aztlan!!

consernedveteran, have you read the post This Paper Will Publish Your Article? It is on the first page of gen discussion by Cliffdid, I wanted to send your article you wrote above to this paper to see if they would publish it, but I am not sure about that copy right thing you mentioned, I was wondering if you could send it or tell me exactally what you mean by copy right at the bottom of your letter, don't want to do anything wrong here. I am sure you have heard the expression"dumb okie" they were talking about me when they came up with that phrase lol. I need to make sure anyway before I send it to my local paper, just like you wrote it!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

nittygritty, it's my article and, as an author I can choose to do with it whatever I desire. I extend my permission to you and anyone else who desires to get the article printed in their local papers, as long as the editorial is not modified in any way and that my name appears at the bottom. Other than those restrictions, it was my original intent for others to use it - which is why I posted it on a public forum

Use it as you will!!

Kurt

P.S: I just edited the initial post for this thread to include a more understandable copyright notice so there is no more confusion. Anyone may have it published in their papers and may use it in their own handouts if they desire as long as it appears just as it does here on the post.

Kurt, thanks, I made copies of your letter and am sending them to our local , daily okla, and tulsa papers, sorry it took me so long to get back here, I am fairly new and sometimes get lost in these forums and run around like a chicken with its head cut off lol. I am new to this whole business never was a political hound but I think these days we are all gonna have to be a whole hell of a lot more political or be swept under the feet of these invaders! I for one ain't gonna be swept no where by them!
    Build the dam fence post haste!