Like Tree3Likes

Thread: AZ Gov Denies Illegals Benefits By Executive Order

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AZ Gov Denies Illegals Benefits By Executive Order

August 16, 2012 by Tim Brown
    AZ Gov Denies Illegals Benefits By Executive Order

Arizona Governor Jan Brewer will not be bullied by the Obama administration’s new illegal immigrant policies. According to a new executive order she issued on Wednesday, she has instructed state agencies to deny benefits to illegal immigrants regardless of whether they get temporary work permits or amnesty under Barack Obama’s disregard for the law in his new immigration policy. Brewer has labeled the new policy as “backdoor amnesty.”
    Wednesday was the first day that illegals were to apply for work permits under the federal Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals policy and thousands lined up across the country to do so. But according to Brewer’s EO, state agencies will be denying IDs and benefits to those individuals.
    A local ABC affiliate reports,
    Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer on Wednesday ordered state agencies to deny driver’s licenses and other public benefits to young illegal immigrants who obtain work authorizations under a new Obama administration policy.
    Brewer said she was reaffirming the intent of current Arizona law denying taxpayer-funded public benefits and state identification to illegal immigrants.
    Protestors marched in the streets over the executive order. However, Gov. Brewer is simply upholding the state’s immigration laws. They are in essence doing what Barack Obama has failed to do. In fact, Barack Obama has thumbed his nose not only at Arizona, but the Constitution, the law of the land and the people of the United States.
    In the past ten years, Arizona voters voted twice to approve laws that deny publicly funded services, including university tuition rates, to illegal immigrants, unless they are mandated by the federal government. So far, no such mandate exists.
    According to Brewer the Obama policy’s paperwork does not confer lawful status on illegal immigrants. Therefore it will not entitle them to Arizona public benefits. Yet the policy change, “could result in some unlawfully present aliens inappropriately gaining access to public benefits contrary to the intent of Arizona voters and lawmakers who enacted laws expressly restricting access to taxpayer funded benefits and state identification.”
    The chairman of the Arizona Dream Act Coalition, Dulce Matuz, said, “We are saddened that Gov. Brewer is siding with the past, against progress, against young people and the general support the Dream Act has in the general population.”
    Rep. Martin Quezada (D-Phoenix) chided Brewer exclaiming, “She just continues to put obstacles in front of young people in Arizona.”
    Arizona Democrat Party executive director Luis Heredia said that Brewer’s order “fails to move Arizona forward on immigration reform. This amounts to a gubernatorial temper tantrum.”
    I seriously have to laugh at the absurdity of the Democrats here. The only temper tantrum on display here is from the Obama administration and these weasels in crying about how they don’t want to do their jobs and have to confront illegal aliens with breaking the law. Brewer is simply looking to do her job which is uphold the law, not undermine it or ignore it.
    The Democrats weren’t the only ones pitching a temper tantrum though. The ACLU weigh in on the executive order:
    This is yet another reason why Arizona has no business trying to regulate immigration matters,” said Alessandra Soler, executive director of the ACLU of Arizona. “Brewer is distorting federal law and inaccurately interpreting state law. This order conflicts with state and federal law because people who are granted deferred action will, in fact, have authorized presence in the United States and under Arizona law people who have authorized presence are eligible to apply for Arizona state identification. She is perpetuating the myth that deferred action applicants are somehow submitting fraudulent documents and that is completely false. Not only is she singling out young people who are eligible for deferred action, but she also is excluding other categories of non-citizens who are authorized to be in the country, including victims of domestic violence, from obtaining state-identification while their immigration applications are being processed.
    Ah yes, the emotional wrangling we’ve come to expect from the left in their pursuit to undermine the rule of law and impose their will, over the law, on the people.
    We all know where Barack Obama is going with this. He is seeking re-election support. However, he is acting apart from Congress which has the power to make law under our Constitution. Congress should be calling him on this and dealing with him appropriately. Sadly, political partisanship supersedes the Constitution in this day and age.

Read more: AZ Gov Denies Illegals Benefits By Executive Order : Freedom Outpost
    Last edited by kathyet; 08-17-2012 at 10:19 AM.

I'm quickly moving towards Gov. Brewer for President, and can you see Sheriff Arpaio as Sec'y of DHS. I love the menntal image! Our best chance as I see it for massive deportataions are these two superbly patriotic Americans!
    Last edited by kevinssdad; 08-17-2012 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Typo

I said it the other day and I'll say it again: God bless Jan Brewer! I love your idea kevinssdad, Brewer and Arpaio what a team!

Quote Originally Posted by nomas View Post
    I said it the other day and I'll say it again: God bless Jan Brewer! I love your idea kevinssdad, Brewer and Arpaio what a team!
    When I shared that idea with a friend this morn, he responded, "Massive self deportation, all he'd have to do is point them in the right direction,?"

Looks like I'm gonna' hafta' pack my stuff and move to Arizona, God knows Rick the "I wanna be President" Perry sure not doing anything to combat the invasion.
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Gov jan
    you are the only one with back bone .& joe from AZ I want to thank you so much for standing
    up for The USA as I said be for you should run for President . obama is only doing this for vote
    but the kids Of to day don't see that .
    No amnesty or Dream act

Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Mrs. Brewer,
    I may be wrong, but this smells of a violation of the Equal Protection Clause. Unless she can prove "Rational Basis" (legal term that must be argued) for denying the licenses, she WILL LOSE.

Quote Originally Posted by avenger View Post
    Looks like I'm gonna' hafta' pack my stuff and move to Arizona, God knows Rick the "I wanna be President" Perry sure not doing anything to combat the invasion.
    Packing my bag is not an option as I have a loved one involved with cancer treatment at MDA. But, I did suggest that we might make a groundswell of some size in an email to her, provided she would alow a write in campaign. Then we might make enough splash to make this a priority issue with some politicians, rather than just lip service, which is what I've received for 22 years. This governor delivers, and I've been looking for someone that does that! Send those emails to the Gov's office in AZ encouraging her to step up and step into this! She aleady has national attention and name reconition, she and Arpaio are from the same county in AZ.