Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bad Contractor legislation

The good faith exemption in this amendment is already covered in HR 4437, which forgives employers who act in good faith. Additionally, contractors cannot be held liable for the hiring activities of their subcontractors, either under current law or under HR 4437. So long as the subcontractor is legal, the contractor is fine.

The contractor should be held liable. This opens the door for building trade contractors to look the other way. Devlopers and Contractors already look the other way
    AMERICAN WORKERS FIRST -- A RAID A DAY KEEPS THE ILLEGALS AWAY

So TRUE, jrhino. That is just NOT going to cut it. It needs to start from the top down and it needs to cover ANYONE who hands out that paycheck.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Additionally, contractors cannot be held liable for the hiring activities of their subcontractors, either under current law or under HR 4437. So long as the subcontractor is legal, the contractor is fine.
    WHAT!?!?!? This would make the proposed mandatory employee verification process absolutely worthless here in the northeast, where the vast majority of illegals work in the building trades! For obscenely WEALTHY builders (Toll Brothers INC., for one) I might add. Where can I find this info?

Hand me the duct tape....FAST. My head is about to explode!

This is one of the amendments proposed on the imigration bill. I highlited this problem to a Degette aid. as the bill moves to the senate we may be able to get some amendments they propose deleted by going into otherwise hostile camps
    AMERICAN WORKERS FIRST -- A RAID A DAY KEEPS THE ILLEGALS AWAY

I LOVE your avatar, greyparrot!! How did you keep him from flying away while you dressed him up??!!!!!

DUCT TAPE IS ON THE WAY--EXPRESS! But, I'm afraid that, with the Christmas rush, it's gonna be TOO LATE!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton