Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

working4change

Bails stays high for Trenton alien who allegedly imprisoned,

Bails stays high for Trenton alien who allegedly imprisoned, raped & burned girlfriend for weeks

By ARTEMIS COUGHLAN
    acoughlan@trentonian.com

Click to enlarge

Amilcar Florian.

TRENTON - A Mercer judge refused to lower bail this morning for a Guatemalan native who allegedly imprisoned his girlfriend for weeks, sexually assaulting her and burning her with a lit cigarette.

Amilcar Florian, 29, was arrested on April 25 and charged with aggravated sexual assault, simple assault in connection with domestic violence. resisting arrest. and endangering the welfare of a child, prosecutor said.

The girlfriend told police that Florian allegedly had been assaulting her since October and locked her inside their Franklin Street home for four weeks prior to his arrest as the abuse escalated.

That’s when he repeatedly sexually assaulted her and burned her flesh with red hot cigarettes.

The victim’s family became enraged and fought with him, causing several facial injuries. Police were called to the scene at that time by neighbors.

The couple had a three-year-old daughter living with them at the apartment and have two more children back in Guatemala.

Assistant Prosecutor Jennifer Downing asked Mercer County Superior Court Judge Gerald Council to maintain the $300,000 cash or bond bail, said Casey DeBlasio, spokeswoman for the prosecutor’s office.

Council agreed and ordered the defendant held.

Immigration officials have been notified of his illegal alien status, police said.

http://www.trentonian.com/articles/2011 ... 681115.txt

why is an illegal even getting bail?

that in an of itself is an insult.
    <div>"If I had known this I would have picked my own cotton"</div>