Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Bannon Blasts Trump for Attacking Sessions: 'The President Is Wrong'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW

Bannon Blasts Trump for Attacking Sessions: 'The President Is Wrong'

Bannon Blasts Trump for Attacking Sessions: 'The President Is Wrong'

WILLIAM STEAKIN | JUN 1, 2018 | 1:43 PM

Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon criticized his old boss, President Donald Trump, on Friday over his persistent attacks on Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

“I think the president is wrong. I think the president has been wrong from the beginning,” Bannon told CNN regarding the president's latest public criticism of Sessions.

Bannon added that he “respectfully” disagrees with Trump, arguing that the whole concept of Sessions' recusal is not an issue.

“Anybody associated with the campaign would have had to recuse himself before Grassley's committee even voted him out to go to the floor for a vote,” Bannon said. “So I think the recusal is an issue, yes, an issue dealt with and had to be dealt with.”

Watch Bannon's comments below:

<font color="#222632"><span style="font-family: benton-sans"><font color="#363A45">

The former Cambridge Analytica vice president argued that Trump is “wrong” about Sessions because he's done an “excellent job” as attorney general so far.

“I think if you look at what Jeff Sessions had done on immigration, on migration, all the key issues of the Justice Department, I think Sessions has personally done an excellent job,” he added.

Bannon's comments come a day after the president again went after his attorney general publically, admitting on Twitter that he regrets picking the former Alabama senator to head the justice department.
    Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

....There are lots of really good lawyers in the country, he could have picked somebody else!” And I wish I did!
    8:47 AM - May 30, 2018

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Bannon, who was fired from the White House in 2017, has recently been increasingly more critical of the Trump administration. In May, he went after Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin for botching trade negotiations with China.

“They're in a trade war with us and it hasn’t stopped,” Bannon said. ”Mnuchin has completely misread the geopolitical, military, and historical precedence and what President Trump had done was finally put the Chinese on their back heels.

https://ijr.com/2018/06/1100032-bannon-blasts-trump-for-attacking-sessions/

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Bannon: Trump’s Criticisms of Sessions ‘Wrong’

1 Jun 2018

While speaking with CNN’s Fareed Zakaria in an interview that aired Friday, former White House chief strategist and former Breitbart News executive chairman Steve Bannon said President Donald Trump was wrong to criticize Attorney General Jeff Sessions for his recusal from the Russia probe.

Bannon said, “I think the president’s wrong. I think the president’s been wrong from the beginning…I think the whole concept of recusal is not even an issue. I think that Rudy Giuliani, or Chris Christie, or Jeff Sessions, anybody associated with the campaign would have had to recuse themselves before Grassley’s committee even voted them out to go to the floor for a vote.”

He added, “I think if you look at what Jeff Sessions has done on immigration, on migration, and all the key issues of the Justice Department, I think Sessions has personally done an excellent job.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/...essions-wrong/

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If President Trump didn't appoint Sessions, then who? Unfortunately, people can look good on paper, but fail utterly in reality. While Sessions may be good in some areas, like most of us, he has weakness in other areas. I would like someone better, but I wouldn't know who.

Part of the construct of our country is the concept of rule by law. Hopefully, if our leaders follow the laws, it will be better for all of us. The problem is too many laws, and conflicting laws. There is no clear course to follow.

As for the public flogging, these are public servants. If President Trump dressed him down in private, there would be a dispute as to who is right and who is wrong. When Sessions was approved, it was a public hearing questioning everything about him. People wanted to know as much as they could about how he would do the job. So he needs to be open to public criticism for how he is doing it. We don't have Congress approve a person for them be then be a dictator! Politics is very public, unlike a business where your finances and products can be secret.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by jtdc View Post
    If President Trump didn't appoint Sessions, then who? Unfortunately, people can look good on paper, but fail utterly in reality. While Sessions may be good in some areas, like most of us, he has weakness in other areas. I would like someone better, but I wouldn't know who.

Part of the construct of our country is the concept of rule by law. Hopefully, if our leaders follow the laws, it will be better for all of us. The problem is too many laws, and conflicting laws. There is no clear course to follow.

As for the public flogging, these are public servants. If President Trump dressed him down in private, there would be a dispute as to who is right and who is wrong. When Sessions was approved, it was a public hearing questioning everything about him. People wanted to know as much as they could about how he would do the job. So he needs to be open to public criticism for how he is doing it. We don't have Congress approve a person for them be then be a dictator! Politics is very public, unlike a business where your finances and products can be secret.
    Most of us are here because of our hardliner position on illegal immigration and border security. I can't imagine anyone that could do a better job than Jeff Sessions in those areas. Personally, I think he's doing one hell of a job!

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Most of us are here because of our hardliner position on illegal immigration and border security. I can't imagine anyone that could do a better job than Jeff Sessions in those areas. Personally, I think he's doing one hell of a job!
    I, like many here, am impatient. I feel they should close the border, put our military there to keep out illegals, and it can be done tomorrow. But politicians have put roadblocks to everything anybody should be able to do. They can't build a fence without three years of environmental studies. We're being legislated into oblivion!

We talk here about things we think he can do. But he has laws to consider which most of us are not familiar with.

Like I said, maybe he is the best for the job. But still I want more!

CONGRESS HAS THE AUTHORITY TO PUT OUR TROOPS ON THE BORDER AND GIVE THEM AUTHORIZATION TO SHUT THIS DOWN

NOW DO IT!

YOU WORK FOR THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND IT'S CITIZENS! NOW ACT LIKE IT! YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO OUR COUNTRY, TO OUR VETERAN'S WHO FOUGHT FOR OUR FREEDOMS...THAT INCLUDES YOURS! GET IT DONE AND SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT DACA!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

MW
    jtdc wrote (excerpt):

Like I said, maybe he is the best for the job. But still I want more!
    I don't think you'll find anyone around here that wouldn't agree to that! Personally, I'd like to be bewitched and just twitch my nose to see a 100 foot impregnable border wall and all illegals gone instantaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    jtdc wrote (excerpt):

I don't think you'll find anyone around here that wouldn't agree to that! Personally, I'd like to be bewitched and just twitch my nose to see a 100 foot impregnable border wall and all illegals gone instantaneously.

Oh, I dream of this all the time...and every lousy child rapist, criminal, pervert, rapist, thief, scumbag, murderer, cartel, gang member, creeps who have kids they cannot afford and live off the backs of others and all our prisons and jails cleared out with the twitch of my nose and the wave of my wand!

That includes illegal aliens and all these people invading our countries and destroying what we worked hard for!

Be gone with you before I drop a house on you rotten people!

WTG BEEZER
    YOU TELL THEM I SAID THE SAME THING . CONGRESS DO SOME WORK & SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT DACA.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My "prom" dress looked like this! For real...LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast