Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Barbara Boxer's Reply to Me

Dear Mr. LILLPOP:

Thank you for writing to me about illegal immigration. I appreciate hearing your views on this important matter.

Like you, I am concerned about the number of immigrants who enter our country illegally each year. I understand the impact that illegal immigration has on our nation and our state, and I am committed to strengthening our government's efforts to secure our borders.

During the last Congress, I voted for the Secure Fence Act of 2006, which authorized the construction of 700 miles of additional fencing along the country's southwestern border and provided for 1,500 additional Border Patrol agents.

I also co-sponsored a bill that created stricter penalties for the illegal construction of tunnels under the border and fought vigorously for the State Criminal Alien Assistance Program, which reimburses states for the costs of incarcerating illegal immigrants.

Congress is currently considering a proposal that would, among other things, provide for increased security along our border and stricter enforcement of employment eligibility laws. Rest assured that I will keep your views in mind should this proposal come before the full Senate for a vote.

Once again, thank you for writing to me. Please feel free to contact me in the future about any matter of importance to you.

Barbara Boxer
    United States Senator

Please visit my website at http://boxer.senate.gov

My Reply:

Dear Senator Boxer:

With respect to your May 21 letter on illegal immigration, I note that you did not mention the fact that on May 25, 2006, you voted FOR the amnesty legislation that passed on that date.

Trusting you to vote against amnesty in 2007, I remain a very concerned American citizen who is afraid that our government (you) no longer care about our borders, language, or culture.

Sincerely,

John Lillpop
    San Jose, CA

J. Lillpop,

How much more two faced can you get than that letter compared to the press release and statement on her Senate website?

Press Release of Senator Boxer
    Boxer Statement on Immigration Reform Proposal

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Washington, D.C. - U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer (D-CA) today made the following statement:
    "While reserving final judgement on an immigration bill that has not yet been introduced, my initial reaction is as follows:

"This immigration reform proposal appears to have many features I strongly support, such as AgJobs, the DREAM Act, strong border enforcement, and a legal path for those currently living in the shadows.

"I have always had problems with a guestworker program because I believe it will lead to more illegal immigration and downward pressure on wages. Therefore, I will be supporting amendments that deal with the guestworker program and other aspects of the bill that need improvement."

http://boxer.senate.gov/news/releases/r ... ?id=274591
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

John you and me both. Hey I'm 2 hrs above S.F. Mike Thompson is my Congressman and he's as bad as Boxer and Feinstein.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

She's up for re-election in 2008 so she'll talk out of both sides of her mouth.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn