Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Is it because the Boomers are going to retire?

I have been thinking (dangerous pastime) and I wonder if all of this labor import and the drive to make them legal and accounted for is because when the boomers retire they are going to be drawing Social Security or if it because the tax base is going drop.

Many "boomers" are still working and productive and pay a hefty amount of income tax. When they retire they will only pay taxes on retirement income which will make a huge difference in the amount of money the Fed has to play with.

With the amount of debt that has been racked up in the last 6 years who is going to make up the difference when this huge group that have been paying 20% up to 33% on middle class salaries suddenly are paying a lower percentage in a lot less money. Who will pay off this debt?

Many illegals only work for "cash," but if they are legalized, the government can bring them "out of the shadows" for income. They make less, but there could be more of them, especially if they allow chain migration. Is this immigration boom happening because of the Globalyst agenda or because of poor stewardship by our government? Or Both?

What do you think?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Think of what would happen if the United States government could legalize the mass immigration of poor people from India. Since at least 300 million of India's citizens are desperately poor, you can count on least 100 million Indians immigrating to the US if certain laws get past. In fact there are traitors in the World Trade Organization who have proposed exactly this! Native born American citizens would be turned into abused home country peasants and the country would turn into a combined India/America dictatorship with hate crime laws for native born Americans who "resist". Is it hard to imagine the power that would flow through the hands of those American politicians who "get in line" first? AND THIS IS JUST THE POTENTIAL FROM ONE COUNTRY! Imagine countries like China and continents like Africa as well as the over 1 billion Muslims in the world "looking to get in".

Newmexican,

it because the tax base is going drop.
    Bingo. When my generation has retired. Who will be around to shell out taxes needed for the freebie services that illegal aliens depend on?
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

Banned
    Newmexican, you're definitely right in that many politicians are looking at the need to pay out SS benefits in a few years to the boomers and they think legalizing massive numbers of people will help provide increased SS payments. In fact, some of the NY House candidates have indicated that we need the increased workforce to help bolster SS.

While I'm certainly no expert, this seems to be counterintuitive, at least as far as the current illegal population, because they are going to end up costing far more than they will ever pay in taxes. On top of this, it has been stated that once their family members get to come here, their elderly parents will also get to draw SS. I find this hard to believe, but this has been previously stated in the analysis and subsequent discussion of the CBO report that projected costs for the Senate amnesty bill.

I know that NumbersUSA refers to this phenomenon as "federally-forced population growth".

What kind of tax revenues would a person earning minimum wage or less, who cannot speak English, has a 5th grade education, is illiterate in both English and Spanish, has 18 dependent kids on welfare, able to generate?

I saw on the Lou Dobbs Broken Borders TV special, some LULAC loonie lady stating that every illegal contributes $80,000 a year in local, state and federal taxes. Tell me, what illegal alien earns $80,000 a year, let alone earns enough to pay out that much in taxes? Then she goes on to whine how illegals are getting screwed by employers because they are getting paid like 25 cents per pallet or some other amount for the piece work they do. Well which is it lady? Do they make enough to pay $80,000 in taxes every year, or do they make 25 cents? Make up what's left of your feeble mind. What a crock.

SHOW PARTIAL TRANSCRIPT:

ROSA ROSALES, PRESIDENT, LULAC:

ROSALES: The time they've been here. OK, $519 billion have been left in the coffers of Social Security. Now, let me ask you that they don't collect that money. Where is that money? They also over a lifetime have $80,000 that they pay in taxes. The undocumented pay local, state and federal taxes and Medicare, OK, where is that money? Every year over $80,000 they pay in taxes, more than they'll ever collect in a lifetime back in services.

DOBBS: I'm sorry, who is paying $80,000 in taxes?

ROSALES: The immigrants, the undocumented.

DOBBS: The undocumented?

ROSALES: Yes.

DOBBS: They come in here.

DOBBS: They have no documents.

ROSALES: ... and they contribute federal taxes, state taxes, local taxes.

{snip}

DOBBS: Are there any victims in this?

ROSALES: There's plenty of victims. Have you not heard when they had a company here, that they were paying them 25 cents for one of those palettes? They were paying by the piece? You don't think that's slavery? There's a lot of abuse. And I get many calls where they work them and then they don't want to pay them. That's another abuse. You want to hear some more?
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

Quote Originally Posted by reptile09
    They also over a lifetime have $80,000 that they pay in taxes. The undocumented pay local, state and federal taxes and Medicare, OK, where is that money? Every year over $80,000 they pay in taxes, more than they'll ever collect in a lifetime back in services.
    I'm still confused. Did she say that they pay $80,000 over a lifetime OR every year?

Wouldn't such an $80,000 tax withholding figure imply that the gross salary is around $240,000 a year?

What a psycho, mentally ill, nutcase. Lou Dobbs is a kind man to put up with someone who is so obviously disturbed.

Well

If the politicians had not squandered our money we would not be in this situation! They spend like drunken sailors and forget whose money it is!

I am SICK of having taxes cut out of my pay and have NO say as to what it is spent on! We are all asked to tighten our belts but the damn_ _ politicians do not!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

reptile09 wrote:

What kind of tax revenues would a person earning minimum wage or less, who cannot speak English, has a 5th grade education, is illiterate in both English and Spanish, has 18 dependent kids on welfare, able to generate?
    Some, more than they are getting now. How many are we talking about if the anmesty bill the Senate wanted to pass gets revived and passed in a lame duck session?
    If they can send 45 Billion dollars to the South how much of a "cut
    " did the Fed get? - 0-. If they are documented then they are in the same noose as the rest of us - IRS will have their number.
    I don't think it is all about Social Security to the Boomers, I think it is about the Natonal Debt also.

See this Article
    http://www.newsmax.com/archives/article ... shtml?s=lh
    Feds Hide Social Security Deal With Mexico
    Dave Eberhart, NewsMax.com
    Monday, July 3, 2006

WASHINGTON -- "We might be on the cusp of giving billions of dollars worth of our senior's Social Security money to illegal Mexican workers, and it's getting almost no media attention whatsoever," warned Brad Phillips, a spokesman for TREA Senior Citizens League, one of the nation's largest nonpartisan seniors groups with 1.2 million members.

TREA Senior Citizens League filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit in U.S. District Court Thursday morning - after what the group styled as "numerous refusals over three years by the U.S. Department of State and Social Security Administration to provide a draft of - or virtually any pertinent information regarding - the impact of the Totalization Agreement with Mexico on the U.S. Social Security Trust Fund."

The Totalization Agreement could allow millions of illegal Mexican workers to draw billions of dollars from the U.S. Social Security Trust Fund. The agreement between the U.S. and Mexico was signed in June 2004, and is awaiting President Bush's signature.

"President Bush has expressed his support for this Agreement, and we believe that regardless of the current immigration debate, his most likely window for signing it is immediately after the 2006 midterm elections when no one is looking," TREA spokesman Brad Phillips told NewsMax.

Once President Bush approves the agreement, which would be done without congressional vote, either house would have 60 days to disapprove the agreement by voting to reject it.

"We are outraged that our government won't tell us how much they plan to take out of the Social Security Trust Fund to pay for the Totalization Agreement with Mexico, and we want to know what they're hiding," said Ralph McCutchen, Chairman of the TREA Senior Citizens League.

"Our 1.2 million elderly members didn't play by the rules and sacrifice through two World Wars so we could fund millions of workers who crossed the border and decided to work here illegally," McCutchen added.

Under the Totalization Agreement, millions of illegal Mexicans working in the United States today could claim benefits from the Social Security Trust Fund for work performed while in the United States illegally. They could do so through immigration amnesty, through which they could claim past Social Security payments for illegal work.

They could also potentially return to Mexico and claim credits for illegal work in the U.S., or claim payments through other as yet undisclosed methods.

The U.S. currently has 21 similar agreements in effect with other nations, which are intended to eliminate dual taxation for persons who work outside their country of origin. All of the agreements are with developed nations with economies similar to that of the U.S.

For example, a worker who turns 62 after 1990 generally needs 40 calendar quarters of coverage to receive retirement benefits. Under Totalization agreements, a partial benefit can be paid based on the proportion of the worker's total career completed in the paying country.

I saw that Ros woman on CNN also, I think she was full of it.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn