Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Best way to stop illegal immigration...

... is to let every would-be immigrant who is law-abiding and willing to work to legally enter.

By channelling the mass of traffic across the border through legitimate channels, the border patrol could focus their efforts on stopping terrorists and criminals who want to harm America.

Does anyone claim that this wouldn't stop illegal immigration?

California or ground zero of the invasion
    So how many do you let in and when does it end?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yea, great concept. (sarcasm) Stop illegal immigration by making all immigration legal.

And how many tens of millions of people will rush in the first year?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It seems to me that the immigrants will come regardless of whether or not its illegal, so why waste time and money preventing those who want to enter and contribute to the nation when there are far more dangerous and important groups to stop from entering.... like say Al Qaeda?

Didn't read it well the first time around. First off, as a country we cannot accomodate every person in the world that wants to come here by having an open border. I know to many third worlds it may seem it's an endless supply, but it's not. There isn't any country that I know of that just lets anyone come in and take what they want. Not to mention that being a citizen is alot more than just wanting to work. Firstly if you want to enjoy the benefits.....abide by the law. Secondly the things and the education etc. we enjoy has been built up through generations of hard work and sacrifice and I certainly don't think it's my duty to just hand it over because someone wants it and that I have to be penalized because of it. There's also the issue of assimalating into our society, not trying to turn it in to the country a group came from. Controlled immigration allows for that. We have to get used to the various cultural differences as well as them getting used to us. There's giving and taking on both sides. But this insanity has gone to demanding rights, expecting to be rewarded for breaking our laws and threats to take over our country and run us out of our jobs and homes, change our language and everything else. Many moons ago maybe this was mexican land but it was Americans that made it great.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What's the rationale for the laws on the book again?

Quote Originally Posted by DanM
    It seems to me that the immigrants will come regardless of whether or not its illegal, so why waste time and money preventing those who want to enter and contribute to the nation when there are far more dangerous and important groups to stop from entering.... like say Al Qaeda?
    Having a wide open door sure isn't going to prevent the bad guys from getting in. Your idea will make it much easier.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It's not a wide open door...but a well-regulated one. Yes, border security is incredibly lax and needs to be tighter, but again I ask, why waste money keeping those who want to work out? The underground world of illegal immigration only provides a helpful environment to terrorists who want to harm America. I think a lot of people here have lost sight of the national security aspect of this issue.

Consider Prohibition. Banning alcohol didn't stop people from consuming it, but it did prevent the government from regulating its sale.

The government hasn't proven it can regulate the legal immigration we currently have. How are they going to handle the influx wanting to come here if we let anyone in that wants to work. Again I ask when does it stop and how many people do we let in? How many low educated and low skilled people do we want? The country will certainly collaspse from all the services they require and demand.

Just like it collasped during earlier influxes of a largely unskilled and non-English speaking populace? I think you underestimate America's strength.

Additionally, if the government has not proven itself able to regulate legal immigration, what makes you think they can stop illegal immigration, even if they wanted to?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast